• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

Team F.E.A.R's hands on first look at the brand new BT TM-7!

*NEW*
VIDS!!!
TM-7 Maintenence Video: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38350
TM-7 Test Video 1: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38380
Test Video 2:http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38639
Test Video 3: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38793

Without further adieu the pics:

The Unboxing:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Proudly Serving the Paintball Community Since 2006!!!
Sponsored by MISSION MASTERS, REDZ, PINOKIO HOPPERS, and ROCKSTAR TACTICAL

#2 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

With a Halo B attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

With a Eggy 2 attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

Size Comparisons!

SP SP1 vs. BT TM-7:
Posted Image
Posted Image

BT Delta vs. BT TM-7:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

My initial impressions of the gun are that of great happiness. The stock barrel is insanely accurate but a bit on the loud side. This is due to it being so short (9 inches and .691 Bore Size) and the porting not coming until the very end of the barrel. Though it is not a problem for me it maybe for others.
The gun is extremely light for a fully decked out milsim gun (2.5 pounds)...even with a hopper on the gun there is still nothing to it!
The kick in ramping and FA is barely noticeable out of the box and will only get better as the spring breaks in. Just secure the stock on your shoulder and you're good to go.
The gun is also very efficient from the get go. I was shooting a full hopper of paint and only using 250-300 PSI in my CF 68/4500. Again once the reg breaks in this will only get better.
Switching firing modes is fast and easy. You can go between every firing mode in a matter of seconds and be prepared for what ever the battle brings your way.
The battery changing system is by far the best I have seen on any gun. It is incredibly fast and easy, you can change a battery out in less than 5 seconds with no tools.
The velocity is also very easy to adjust requiring only an allen key small enough to fit in the adjustment hole that needs to be turned near the battery door.
The trigger has 4 adjustment locations that can change the feel of the trigger to meet anyones preferences. I choose to make a few minor changes to mine and now it is a very light pull and very responsive.
It also come with an awesome barrel sock, a helpful manual, and a nice parts kit with a spare of almost everything you need to rebuild the gun including an extra set of detents and lube.

Now onto my gripes....come on nothing is perfect.
The stock does not lock into place when the stock is pushed all the way in. This is not a bad thing really as it makes pulling the stock out very easy to do when needed in the heat of battle. There are indents in the stock for it to lock in that position, but it looks like the stock won't slide in far enough to catch them.
The foldable fore grip is only 2 position, open and closed. Most others are 3-5 position. Although it is obvious it is a cheap grip it is still very comfortable.
Due to the way the hopper sits on the marker you are limited as to what you can mount on the back rail. Most large dot sights and scopes will not clear the hopper. A ripclip, qloader, or an offset mounting rail will fix this.
The stock grips are kind of hard, but still very nice and have finger grooves for increased grip.
It hasn't happened yet, but I am afraid the select fire switch labels are going to wear off with continued mode switching. The same way as my X7's did.
You have to split the shell to get to the bolt. Not anymore work than to fully tear down an A5 or and X7 but compared to the Mini and other speedball type markers this is a lot of work.
First time I took it apart I was afraid of breaking/pinching the eye and battery wires on the inside of the gun when I had to disconnect them to remove the internals. As long as you go slow and are careful you have nothing to worry about though.

All in all I would give this gun a 9/10 right out of the box. For the price you pay for this marker you are getting one heck of a value! Nothing needs to be done to this marker for it to compete with any other gun you will run into on any field.

Please feel free to leave questions and comments!

#5 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:32 AM

Pics from a recent Halo Scenario with a Qloader mounted to the left side. I really like the feel of this setup.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 NeoDragonKnight

NeoDragonKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the review, I was thinking about upgrading from my BT-4 Assault to the TM-7, some of the reviews I read though seem to point at some flaws, and Im undecided. I held it in the store and it felt great, but I never had a chance to play a game with one. Just a few questions, Is it true that the trigger is loose and has very little pull back? people were calling it flimsy and "cheap" feeling. There was also gripes about the select fire switch being extremely loose and easy to switch accidentally, did you find this as well? Also the print on the select fire supposedly rubs off very easy (which you already pointed to).
"And I dont want the world to see me, cuz I dont think that theyd understand. When everythings made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

#7 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

Here are a couple pics of my TM7 in it's current setup. I did the paintjob myself.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the review, I was thinking about upgrading from my BT-4 Assault to the TM-7, some of the reviews I read though seem to point at some flaws, and Im undecided. I held it in the store and it felt great, but I never had a chance to play a game with one. Just a few questions, Is it true that the trigger is loose and has very little pull back? people were calling it flimsy and "cheap" feeling. There was also gripes about the select fire switch being extremely loose and easy to switch accidentally, did you find this as well? Also the print on the select fire supposedly rubs off very easy (which you already pointed to).

The trigger is probbably the thing I am least impressed with after playing a few games with this gun. It by no means has the feel of a Dye, Ego, or Mini trigger for that matter. For one it is plastic not metal, however it can be fully adjusted and the people saying it is flimsy probably never took the time to setup the trigger to their desired pull. After about 10 minutes with my trigger I made it feel a lot better than it came stock. BT also just came out with a new double tigger for the TM7 that is very nice and solves all the trigger problems I mentioned above. As for the selector switch you can adjust how easy it is to switch modes. There is a screw going through the center of it. Screw it in and the switch is harder to change. I have never accidently switched modes in a game. Now the selector switch images.....mine wore off after about half a day of playing. I was upset with it at first but then I painted the gun and it doesn't bother me anymore. BT is aware of this issue though and have already fixed it. If you get a newer TM7 the images are recessed and stamped into the gun and you can't rub them off anymore.

#9 mshig11

mshig11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

hey I rly like the pics, but can u tell me how the Qloader on your current set up works, and the pros/cons

also can u explain how the red dot works, and the pros/cons

Thanks in advance! ^_^ love the pics
Paintball Sentry:

watch it! its cool (I did not make this video)

#10 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:39 AM

Qloader:
Pros:
*lowers gun profile a lot (no more hopper hits)
*weights a lot less than a electro hopper
*qpods feed balls into the gun quick and consistent
*switching out a qpod to reload is much faster than filling a hopper with a pod
*no batteries to die on you

Cons:
*reloading each qpod is a pain until you get used to doing it
*each qpod only hold 100 balls compared to 200 of a hopper
*if you loose a qpod you're out 15-20 bucks

Reddot:
*the main use of the reddot is to ensure my first shot goes where I want it to
*makes sighting in your next target much easier and faster
*can still easily aim with it while a mask is on
*looks awesome

#11 scoreshot

scoreshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:24 AM

Qloader:
Pros:
*lowers gun profile a lot (no more hopper hits)
*weights a lot less than a electro hopper
*qpods feed balls into the gun quick and consistent
*switching out a qpod to reload is much faster than filling a hopper with a pod
*no batteries to die on you

Cons:
*reloading each qpod is a pain until you get used to doing it
*each qpod only hold 100 balls compared to 200 of a hopper
*if you loose a qpod you're out 15-20 bucks

Reddot:
*the main use of the reddot is to ensure my first shot goes where I want it to
*makes sighting in your next target much easier and faster
*can still easily aim with it while a mask is on
*looks awesome

I have a "Q" and all the "factory" optional mounting hardware for my a5. I think the "Q" may be very well suited to the TM7. Maintains its small, low profile etc. Could you please put up some pics that show the mounting details for your set up?
Thanks much

"I work as hard as I must...to play as long as I can."

#12 Varnel

Varnel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

To mount my Qloader I bought a Smart Parts SP1 mounting kit from Rockstar Tactical. The kit came with what Qloader calls the R.I.S Rail and a Custom Mounting Socket. I attached the rail and socket to the left side rail of the TM7 and then ran tube into a qloader feedneck that I also bought from Rockstar.

#13 scoreshot

scoreshot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:40 AM

To mount my Qloader I bought a Smart Parts SP1 mounting kit from Rockstar Tactical. The kit came with what Qloader calls the R.I.S Rail and a Custom Mounting Socket. I attached the rail and socket to the left side rail of the TM7 and then ran tube into a qloader feedneck that I also bought from Rockstar.

Thanks for the info Varnel,
Your "TM" looks great!

"I work as hard as I must...to play as long as I can."

#14 shadowsniper11

shadowsniper11

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

looks sick. that is how i run my q loader on my SP1
If you get tunnel vision, you will be shot. If you focus on a single lane, you will be shot. If you stay still, you will be shot. If you waste paint on a guy dug into a bunker, you will be shot. If you stick out too long, you will be shot. If you give them a foot, you will be shot. If you stick your head out in the same place three times on rhythm, you will be shot.-Bryce Larson
My Youtube Channel: Shadowsniper11
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING A PUMP GUN TEAM IN DELAWARE CONTACT ME!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users