• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vrose02

Vrose02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

is it possible to setup an empire sniper with a co2 quick changer so I can use co2 cartridges. then I can finally play true stock with my empire sniper. I know this can be done with the auto cocker snipers. I don't see why it cant be done with an empire. Any help would be appreciated.  

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

i believe the empire sniper was meant to be used with hpa
although i dont really have any eperience with the sniper, so im just going off of what ansgear said

#3 Vrose02

Vrose02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

well I think that if you have the regulator on it you should use hpa which is what I do right now. But I would be removing the regulator and asa. so I do not think that it would matter. Maybe im wrong I do not know. I might have to just find out myself.

#4 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

You would probably have to respring it, but it would work.

#5 Vrose02

Vrose02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

A stronger or lighter spring

#6 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Heavier. Which will give you a super heavy pump stroke. There are options such as this palmers valve: http://palmer-pursui...products_id=907

But if you don't mind layin down the money, the palmers cart reg is the very best option: http://palmer-pursui...roducts_id=1222

Those will make it so you shouldn't have to respring.

Edited by gibbeepbroxzor, 14 May 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#7 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

yeah but you'll never be able to just slap a co2 changer on there and make it work. you'll need to change the main spring and the valve spring. I can't tell you what spring will need more or less tension, you'll have to Google a guide on how to respring an autococker.  Make sure you have a chrono and an assload of co2 cartridges and paint.  Also when you're going through the process when you're check for velocity make sure you take your time so the cartridge doesnt freeze over.  Guaranteed it wont be easy, but it will be worth it in the end :)  
If you do this right you should end up with 2 pairs pairs of springs, one for regular hpa or co2 and another for unregulated air, making it really easy to switch out when you need to

Edited by junits15, 18 May 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#8 Vrose02

Vrose02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

i think im gonna buy the palmers sniper heavy spring kit for 12 grams and then buy a cci phantom quick changer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users