5 replies to this topic

#1 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Finally bought a pump. I got a trilogy for 70. Any things i should do when it arrives?

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#2 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Give it a good cleaning, inside and out. Air it up and fix any leaks. Then go play with it. The two issues that sniper owners will often need to figure out are rollouts and hopper fit. The rollout problem is usually addressed with an underbored barrel or some sort of hack like the tape mod or nail polish mod. The hopper/feedneck thing can be more or less involved...I don't have experience with the Trilogy so I'm not 100% sure, but depending on your hopper, you could find yourself sanding a loader's neck, jamming an o-ring into the stovepipe to keep things snug, or even considering an Ego-style feedneck mod.

#3 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

I got it and put it together. I thought I had everything right, but then I saw this washer. I put it between the cupseal and this black thing that the pump handle goes over with pumping. I did cock before airing up and there was this huge sounding leak coming from the barrel. What could this be?

#4 plan_b

plan_b

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

you are correct with the washer going in between the "pump guide rod" and spring/cup seal assembly. 

if its a major leak, it could be the cup seal not sealing properly after the pump installation.  try to break it down, inspect, and reinstall everything.

what kind of trilogy?  and do you know more of its history?

#5 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Its the trilogy without the regulator (sport I think). I think the steel line is kinked so I'm going to swap it with some macroline

#6 plan_b

plan_b

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

that is the sport model.  i have seen them blue or green.  anyways, the one time i helped a kid on the field with a trilogy sport, it was with a problem with low velocity.  the sport was meant to be run with co2 and he was running hpa.  he had to turn the ivg all the way in to get as close to 280 as possible.  i just wanted to let you know just in case you happen to experience a low velocity issue.

i have the red ones, the competition model.  its a great gun.  the thing shoots great and requires very little maintenance.  its always have been a dependable gun as a primary and as a loaner.  i am sure the sport will be the same way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users