• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 18cablw

18cablw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I'm just wondering if its worth the extra money to buy new or should I just go with used.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

when you buy used, you're getting a lot more performance for your money than buying new.
for example, you could buy a brand new ego 11 for $900
or you could buy a used ego 11 for almost half the price, and you're still getting the exact same performance, but you saved 300-350 bucks
which equals more time having fun playing paintball.
theres always the misconception that buying used always equals a less reliable gun and a worse performing gun. thats not always true unless the previous owner treated the marker like absolute shit. 
a used marker is probably gonna be broken in too so it could even perform better than a brand new model of the marker if it was taken care of. 

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

It depends what you want. If you are willing to learn how to fix and clean your marker and want something unique and getting a little better band for your buck then get a used marker.

If you are a newbie and want to play it safe then buy used. Regardless of what you do just do your research.

#4 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

It really depends idk, I got a used rail but it was the PGA color I wanted that they don't make anymore and was like new.

The reason I don't like used stuff isn't cuz the gun will be broke like the solenoid fried or anything like that, that shouldn't happen but its all the small stuff, stripped or missing screws, cracked feed neck inserts, detentes or eyes messed up, possibly having to re-do the macro line and you wont find out these issues till your on the field playing usually.

With that said Paint ball guns have a very bad resell value so its more of a buyers market on stuff like non-limited edt Etek's, Ego's, DM's, Mini's and Axe's.

I think the GOG extcy from ANS for $200, the Etha, Etek 4 LT and Axe are pretty cheap for what they are new.

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

I'm just wondering if its worth the extra money to buy new or should I just go with used.

You can get much, much more gun for the money used. On the field, there's very little difference between a well-kept $300 DM9 and a $1500 DM14. Having said that, it's also possible that you can waste a lot of money buying used if you're not careful. What you're really buying when you pay for a new gun is less risk. It really comes down to you: are you interested/willing/able/equipped to work on a used gun? If it shows up with a leak, are you going to freak out, or are you just going to smile and start diagnosing? Are you willing to put in some extra effort figuring out what kind of shape a used gun is really in before you buy it? Was that used supergun a wall-hanger that's seen less than five cases in its life, or was it thrashed every weekend by a divisional player? The prices won't be that different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users