• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Well for whatever reason the forums seem dead not only leading up to LL7 but now after despite Mike being the general for New Empire. So in an attempt to create some chatter I figured I'd start a thread to get people discussing their experience so feel free to change my answers to yours and even add your own sections if you want.

Name(as it showed on jersey): Murphstyle

Team: New Empire

Legion: Chiron

Saturday action

Number of insertions: 6+1 skirmish and dinner battle

Favorite spot you played in: Oaxaca (hyperball field)

Most memorable part: When I went to make a run from Tobasco(the airball bunkers) to Tapachula (central park) thought I was running alone and had 5-10 people applying cover fire, get 1/2 way there, trip start somersaulting and wind up bear crawling to the bench. I turn to my right and see 3 teammates diving into the bench with me

Worst part of play: After trying to push up the ravine and getting shot out i come back only to see 2 Horde tanks rolling up the road with no Launcher in sight. People were climbing deep into the woods or just walking back towards HQ.

Sunday action

number of insertions:5+ final battle

Favorite spot you played: Center bunker on top of the hill

Most memorable part: charging over the hill and sliding almost the whole way down to the bus

Worst part of play: Constantly taking friendly first while trying to reclaim the hill

So after not being sure if I was going to go to Living Legends due to the crappy weather all week i finally conviced myself to go, and am glad I did. I had a great time playing and met some pretty cool people throughout the weekend.

I have to give it to the Horde players, anytime they saw chance to gain ground they were making a rush. I was eliminated 10-15 minutes after the opening charge and was re-supplying as I watched dozens of Horde players storm across the bridge from bedlam into Central park. They constantly kept the pressure on us and deserved the win. That's not to say New Empire wasn't playing hard, it just seemed like our rushes were just so much smaller than theirs meaning we gained less ground.

There are really only 2 problems I saw/had with the whole event that need to be addressed for next year.

1) The registration line, I was waiting in line for over an hour and a half Saturday morning right next to people who pre-registered. Now i understand this is a big event and there will always be a line. But I think it's a bit unfair to make someone who paid for this event 3 months ago to wait in line right next to me who had not registered yet. I think the best fix for this would be to have pre-registered people go through the line at the Main building and have another area, such as near the stage where day-of people go to register.

2) The fact the Horde had 4 tanks on saturday and New Empire had none. Since tanks had to be pre-registered I'm assuming Viper/CPX knew 4 weeks ago what tanks were coming and who they were fighting for. How can you run an event like this and allow one team to be given such an advantage. Now i know on Sunday they moved some things around, but  that should have been done for the whole weekend.

On another note, for those of you who weren't there or left before the awards. There was a young kid there (12 years old i think) who lost his barrel sock during the final battle and left his gun on the field to go get another barrel sock so that he could take his gun off the field. Well when he came back, his gun was nowhere to be found. When Viper heard about this he brought the kid up on stage during the give-away gave him a brand new Etha. Well later on someone gave back/turned in the gun so the kid went to give back the Etha so that it could be raffled off as it was originally intended (which was a class act). Turns out the crowd wanted nothing to do with that and started chanting to let him keep it and he did. So that was my faith in humanity restored moment for the weekend.

So lets hear everyone's thoughts and memories of LL7.

Edited by Murphstyle, 19 May 2014 - 07:04 PM.

pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#2 ChloricName

ChloricName

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

That sounds cool. Lucky kid

#3 Al3xIP

Al3xIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

I was on the first skirmish on Saturday so I missed the charge. Empire dominated

Yeah I was with that Ravine push on Saturday we were making progress and an insane firefight but I end up getting domed and I come back to see us pushed waaayyy back and me hiding from the tank waiting for someone to destroy it

The horde had Bedlam on lock down on Saturday, Empire just couldn't reach the town no matter how many pushes

On Sunday I followed a tank to the ravine and was a crazy firefight, but once I was out of pods I waited for final battle

The final battle was insane too many teammates shooting too far back in the beggining and getting team kills I myself got shot behind while on the hill luckily it was on my pod pack

Edited by Al3xIP, 19 May 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

you know the score was pretty awful, but man, i had a great time anyway.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

you know the score was pretty awful, but man, i had a great time anyway.

The losing only stings for a couple minutes. After that I just think of all the good times in the ravine. If I could play that side of the field all weekend I would be the happiest guy around.

#6 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

I figured empire would loose.  We could not punch through Bedlam at all the entirety of Saturday after we lost our ground in there for the first time.  The Ravine was all back and forth for the majority of the weekend and it also seemed like Empire was doing well in the skirmishes which made such a landslide score so peculiar to me but oh well.  The event was great once again as it has been in past years.  My friends and I had a great time and LL will be a definite annual tradition when financially and timely possible.

#7 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

I had a lot of fun, the part where i hurt my knee on saturday sucked because I could hardly run after that, but I made up for it by carrying another 5 pods with me :P

I am honestly going to attribute that loss to the extreme lack of activity on the forums, but that is neither here or there, nobodies fault.

#8 ankor

ankor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

that really was a lucky kid, and hey, everyone needs a backup marker right ;)

My only real complaint about the weekend ,and to be honest it is hard to complain about anything, but Viper nailed it when he talked about the skirmishes and the confusion surrounding them. i missed the saturday skirmish because i couldnt find my team or unit commander,and the sunday one was cancelled because of the confusion, bit of a bummer, but i understand what went down.

me missing the saturday skirmish was probably just my fault anyhow.

this will definitely be an annual event now for me and my friends

Edited by ankor, 21 May 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#9 MOON MAN ANTHONY MACIAS

MOON MAN ANTHONY MACIAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

I don't get how the new empire came up with only 148 or so points in the end. So you mean to tell me that my legion (Pegassus) was the only legion to win the Skirmishes?
We won two of them and I was told that they were worth 50 points.

#10 ankor

ankor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

i cant remember what the final score was (someone was yelling over me when they read it out), but i think the fact the we (horde) held on to Bedlam for the entirety of Saturday is what ran the score up in our favor

#11 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

You can lose points by not holding your defend missions.

Posted Image

#12 JOESPUD27

JOESPUD27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Well for whatever reason the forums seem dead not only leading up to LL7 but now after despite Mike being the general for New Empire.

Most of the forums have been dead with LL7 talk.  It's all happening on facebook.

Jay

#13 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Unfortunately what happened at this event was a massive miscommunication among the leadership on both sides.

All of us belong to a "Living Legends Game Committee" on Facebook. The concept of "Off Field Skirmishes" was brought up in October of last year, to make the field more playable, prevent overcrowding, and for safety reasons (players running into each other, falling over each other, etc)

Viper specifically said he wanted 20% of the players off the field getting ready for a skirmish, with 20% of the players in the skirmish. This would leave 60% of the players on the field. In a 1000 vs 1000 game, that's 600 on 600 on the field.

Everyone was excited, field owner, game producer, and leadership on both sides all agreed on it, and we moved on to other issues

The New Empire leadership came up with an ingenious idea of using a system of walkie talkies and megaphones, of moving the legions closer and closer to the net, as they got closer and closer to their skirmish time. It worked amazing.

We had 3 FULL LEGIONS at Noon, 1PM and 2PM

Unfortunately, Horde leadership didn't follow the pre-agreed upon game plan. They didn't pull their legions off the field, they sent skeleton crews to the skirmishes. New Empire rolled the first 2 skirmishes, it was 200 vs 50

Their plan, was to simply blow off the skirmishes, keep the players on the field, and use the numbers advantage to gain ground on the main field

It worked. We had about 600 players on the field (with 200 getting ready for the skirmish, 200 in the skirmish), and they had about 900 players on the field (50 getting ready for skirmish, 50 in the skirmish)

To make matters worse, all the tanks were assigned to the Horde side. 4 tanks in total. New Empire was not given any tanks

600 players facing 900 players with 4 tanks, Saturday was a complete blowout. They never got to spawn camp us, but we never were able to run any missions either. We were fighting at our own 30 yard line

At 1:45PM, Horde had 3 tanks on the road spaced about 60 yards apart, and 1 wheelchair tank that rolled through the city

I'm not discounting the amazing land battles that took place, and I'm not discounting the Horde's win. But the explanation above is why the point spread was so ridiculous

#14 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

I don't know what happened with the skirmishes or the tanks. What I do know and really appreciate is that the NE never gave up the fight. No matter where I went on Saturday or Sunday I could always find a good fight. When I would run into NE players off the field I never heard anyone complaining about the situation. Compare that to another big scenario game I attended a couple of years ago. We got rolled and the side rolling us decided it wasn't worth playing and walked off the field three hours early. Thanks for staying at it and I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

#15 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Their plan, was to simply blow off the skirmishes, keep the players on the field, and use the numbers advantage to gain ground on the main field

Stop saying this, please.  Our plan was to surivive skirmishes the best we could.  At least how it played out in the Vandals legion which was being lead by Honu was that he'd send a large hand picked force to do battle in the skirmish while keeping enough to be able to hold the line and still complete objectives on the main field.  All told we had about 1/3 of our 300 person Legion off field from 2:30 until the 4:00 reinsertion window because of the skirmish.  We calculated that that legion division would accomplish winning the skirmish, surviving on the main field during that time if you used the weakened line to pressure that specific spot on the field, while also accomplishing Vipers directive of getting bodies off the field for safety reason. 

As for the other legions, well you'd have to ask them what happened as to why they dropped the ball on getting to their skirmishes as they were told to have a simliar plan as ours just without the benefit of having the largest legion of the game. 

And to use an example of another legion that you say blew off to take ground on you I'll use the Skirmish right off the start of the game (our Gaul legion I believe).  There area of operation was the far tape line against the train tracks.  You claim they blew off their skirmish to hold ground even though you actually had them pushed back to almost Fort Courage in the first hour of the game.  Maybe most of the bodies were still in the chrono line or just make it onto the field, I don't know.  What they definitely were not doing is purposely blowing off the skirmish to take ground on you as you had them pushed almost to our base at game on because of lack of bodies.

So stop stop STOP harping on this.  To say we "blew off" skirmishes is an insult to the Hordes planning, the work ethic of all the players playing on our side, and the grittiness and toughness of your own players who put up an amazing fight against us. You said what you wanted to say yesterday before people stepped in on both sides to calm you down.  If you are continuing with this because you feel wronged please step back and think about it from our side for a second since we thought there was no way you wouldn't take the same approach.  I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound at all because everyone from top to bottom of the New Empire side made us earn that win ten fold no matter the final score was but you are insulting every player at this game by keeping this up.

Posted Image

#16 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

I played for the Gaul. I personally did not attend the first skirmish at the start of the game because I wanted to take part in the opening charge. My understanding is we got rolled in the opening skirmish. I am not sure how many people we had in place. I made our second skirmish and we outnumbered the NE by a lot and took all the points for the skirmish. Worst case the Gaul broke even on points for the skirmishes.

Bottom line the game was hard fought and a lot of fun. I'm already planning for next year.

Edited by amz, 22 May 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#17 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yeah I didn't mind the game to much, was my first year camping and boy was it cold at night. But anyways I believe that it was still a pretty decent game and the only real issue I had was with the registration, while I didn't mind the wait in line to much, the problem was that when I got up there they told me the online wavier wasn't any good and that I needed another wavier signed in paper for the event, but on the online wavier description it said nothing about that. Now since i'm only 17 that was a problem, I ended up missing the first hour and a half of the game while waiting to get another form faxed.

So what was the point of the online wavier then?

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#18 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

My best and worst moment during the game was the same. On Sunday when I was in the Ravine I did a mad charge since my marker was out of air

(I mean why not?) and while I was trying to distract people, I got tangled in a vine or shrub or something...

Needless to say I got painted...

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#19 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'm glad I ended up not going. I was in the hospital with severe strep throat and 104 degree fevers. Never a fun time. I still got the strep throat too, nothing like having strep for a week. Haven't eaten real food for days haha

Anyway, I hope everyone that attended legends had fun. Too bad it's not a semiannual event so It could happen again sooner. 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#20 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Both Honu & Buckshot, have both openly admitted that they blew off the skirmishes for field position, and both have apologized for blowing off the skirmishes for field position.

If you have missed this, I am sorry. But what I am saying is FACT. They thought the skirmishes were optional, and they were not. We had an agreement going back to October of 2013 in a private Game Committee thread on Facebook, that Viper SPECIFICALLY wanted 20% of the players off the field in a skirmish, and 20% of the players getting ready for a skirmish. That left 60% of the players on the field

This was agreed to by EVERYONE involved in the planning of Living Legends 7. 

Blowing off the skirmishes was part of their plan. They have already publicly admitted to this, Viper has already publicly acknowledged that this took place, and both have apologized for it. 

I am simply repeating a FACT that has already been established by EVERYONE involved in Living Legends 7. 

Want me to go find the quotes and take screen shots? The off-field skirmishes were an extremely important part of LL7. The agreement among everyone on both sides of leadership in October, was to have the ENTIRE legion off the field, 20% is what Viper wanted, not a couple dozen players. 

We had 200 players from Pegasus at noon, almost 200 players from Chiron at 1pm, and almost 250 players from Praetorian at 2PM. 

Any one of those legions, could have taken on ALL THREE of the Horde legions that were sent. Between Gaul, Visigoths, and Barbarians, they had barely 200 players COMBINED. 

New Empire pulled 650 players off the field for the skirmishes, Horde sent 200 (50/50/100). 

We were counting. If you notice someone standing on the black dirt hill, just in front of the net about 5 minutes before the skirmishes started? That person was counting players. Was it an exact count? No, but it was pretty close. 

You are misinformed aka Mich. Honu at 8PM on Saturday, in front of Viper's tent, admitted and apologized to Willie, myself and Josh about blowing off the skirmishes for field position. This was also when we had a captains meeting, and we all decided to simply cancel them on Sunday.

Sunday the Horde did awesome, they pulled in almost 800 points on Sunday alone. So the skirmish debacle would not have changed the winning side of Legends, it would have simply changed the score slightly. It would not have affected who won, Horde CLEARLY won this game. We had more players than they did on Sunday morning at the breakout, and the Horde STILL killed us in points on Sunday. 

With balanced tanks, and no skirmishes, the Horde still outscored the hell out of us on Sunday. Even if we threw out ALL the points the Horde scored on Saturday, and the New Empire kept all of their Saturday points, New Empire STILL would have lost based on the play on Sunday alone. 

So I'm not trying to discount the win at all. This is no disrespect whatsoever. This is simply an explanation of what happened on Saturday. 

Even if we disregarded EVERYTHING that happened on Saturday, zero'd out both teams, and the Horde spotted us 600 points on Sunday, the Horde STILL would have won. 

The correct side won, regardless of everything you might read or hear. I am not arguing AT ALL about who would have won LL7. I am simply explaining some of the confusion that took place on Saturday in regards to the skirmishes

Stop saying this, please.  Our plan was to surivive skirmishes the best we could.  At least how it played out in the Vandals legion which was being lead by Honu was that he'd send a large hand picked force to do battle in the skirmish while keeping enough to be able to hold the line and still complete objectives on the main field.  All told we had about 1/3 of our 300 person Legion off field from 2:30 until the 4:00 reinsertion window because of the skirmish.  We calculated that that legion division would accomplish winning the skirmish, surviving on the main field during that time if you used the weakened line to pressure that specific spot on the field, while also accomplishing Vipers directive of getting bodies off the field for safety reason. 

As for the other legions, well you'd have to ask them what happened as to why they dropped the ball on getting to their skirmishes as they were told to have a simliar plan as ours just without the benefit of having the largest legion of the game. 

And to use an example of another legion that you say blew off to take ground on you I'll use the Skirmish right off the start of the game (our Gaul legion I believe).  There area of operation was the far tape line against the train tracks.  You claim they blew off their skirmish to hold ground even though you actually had them pushed back to almost Fort Courage in the first hour of the game.  Maybe most of the bodies were still in the chrono line or just make it onto the field, I don't know.  What they definitely were not doing is purposely blowing off the skirmish to take ground on you as you had them pushed almost to our base at game on because of lack of bodies.

So stop stop STOP harping on this.  To say we "blew off" skirmishes is an insult to the Hordes planning, the work ethic of all the players playing on our side, and the grittiness and toughness of your own players who put up an amazing fight against us. You said what you wanted to say yesterday before people stepped in on both sides to calm you down.  If you are continuing with this because you feel wronged please step back and think about it from our side for a second since we thought there was no way you wouldn't take the same approach.  I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound at all because everyone from top to bottom of the New Empire side made us earn that win ten fold no matter the final score was but you are insulting every player at this game by keeping this up.

#21 honu

honu

king sea turtle

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

To add to Mike's post. He for the most part has stated the truth

1) he is correct that we had a " good of the game " talk in Oct about the benefit of having large amount or even better whole legions take part in off field skirmishes. He is also correct that when we talked in front of Vipers tent I did say my bad and sorry for not doing it the way it was talked about.

My answer is two fold and it's only to explain I am not trying at all to justify anything. First to be completely honest we over time just more or less forgot the talk we all had over it which is our bad big time. Second by the time we even started game planning we were sure it was more of a suggestion to send large group or whole legion. We never went back and checked which again is our bad

I now have seen the plan Mike and his troops put in place and it was very clever and he should be proud of it. We NEVER blew off skirmishes we just didnt put a lot of troops towards it. It was not done in anyway to screw anyone over. We simply looked at things from a where points were in the game and a effort/point value plan in place.

2) we did NOT have 4 tanks assigned to us. We recruited 3 tanks and the Horde general owns his own. Mike recruited 0. So from Mike's point of view we had 4 and he had none. Here is one of only a few mistakes that happened on New Empire side. Viper wants to leave teams recruited where they are unless the commanders come to him with concerns. Mike NEVER ask for any tanks and Viper just didnt switch them. I know Viper would have switched them because when I commanded LL3 I only recruited 1 tank and the other side had 3. I asked for one of theirs from Viper and he moved one over. Very easy to do , very easy to miss. It just got missed by Viper and Mike at game on. It happens. 

At 2:15 Myself and the Horde general were called off field and game corrections were made. 2 tanks were moved to his side and the Horde started sending all players possible to skirmishes. 

Mike is also correct that the Horde side built a lead on Saturday but the game was well within reach by end of day. Sunday morning both commanders met with Viper and chose to cancel skirmishes for the day and just play head to head. It lead to some of the best paintball battles i have ever been apart of and while the Horde was able to pull away with an even larger lead it doesnt tell the real story of how hard the fight for those points were.

In the end speaking for the Horde command would like to say sorry to anyone who had a bad time because we made an err in the importance about the skirmishes. The unbalance about the tanks is up to Mike or Viper. I hope you wont let the score take anything away from your weekend or away from the amazing job Mike and his command did not only coming up with a solid game plan but how they adjusted to what was happening during game play and most of all never giving up. If the score doesnt matter to you and you just had fun then you already are a winner too

Hang loose Honu

#22 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Honu any thought to bringing back the team draft ALA LL3?

#23 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

Personally I think anyone who is basing how close LL7 was on the score obviously wasn't playing near the front. Did the Horde win? Absolutely but by over 10 times the score as Empire... No.

That was my bad on the tanks Honu, I thought you had 2 actual tanks and 2 of the walking/wheelchair types. On a side note, do either Mike or Honu know how many launchers each team had?

Also I do realize the number of players on the field did play a part on how hard the Horde was able to push Saturday, I don't think that is why New Empire was pushed out of Bedlam. The Horde just had a lot more players who were willing to do a rush together and gain ground. This is evident in the fact that on Sunday New Empire was deeper into Bedlam than the Horde sat. yet we were pushed back over the hill when numbers were even (no skirmishes)

pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#24 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

New empire launcher totals were probably around 7-8.

I had one, citrus used one, there was another metadyne, and one other jcs launcher, then 2-3 from KNA. And we had one more under mounted on an empire defender.

One thing I was disappointed with was the picnic table bunkers. They didn't really allow for much movement in that particular area. I was hoping to see air bunkers or something basically up to the two bedlam ponds. In all honesty the horde controlled the center woods on the field and that's what have them such massive control early on. They did a great job, have to give them that.

#25 Mental

Mental

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

The points are like "Who's Line is it anyway" They don't matter. Like I said to Irish at 3:00 on Sunday...we all go home with the same thing. A whole bunch of great memories.

The Horde pushed us around both days, but we never quit. We held our own in skirmishes and slap stick battles. I figures they had a more aggressive bunch with a better knowledge of the field.

9 of us drove 25 hours from Saskatchewan, Canada. Played a little pump on Friday, Had a great time Saturday and Sunday...Then drove 25 hours home. 1 of the guys with us won the Etha from the radio station..woot.

No need to try to explain how it turned out...it turned out EPIC

That's like Rental

But with an"M"

#26 honu

honu

king sea turtle

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

New empire launcher totals were probably around 7-8.

I had one, citrus used one, there was another metadyne, and one other jcs launcher, then 2-3 from KNA. And we had one more under mounted on an empire defender.

One thing I was disappointed with was the picnic table bunkers. They didn't really allow for much movement in that particular area. I was hoping to see air bunkers or something basically up to the two bedlam ponds. In all honesty the horde controlled the center woods on the field and that's what have them such massive control early on. They did a great job, have to give them that.

we are reviewing how the picnic area played. ill keep you in the loop

#27 BEZERKERS

BEZERKERS

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

well whoever you had counting Horde players for the skirmishes is a fuckin retard or forgot to take his shoes off, including the half wit next to him and the other guy hired to watch the first couple morons.  Barbarians had maybe 30 on the field for the skirmish, your super secret intell as you posted said what,,,,100.  No where near 100.

you lost, take it like  a big boy and quit being a big fucking odd shaped headed pussy about it.

BEZERKERS
Living Legends 6 Most Valuable Team for the Horde
IN THE FACE !!

#28 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

well whoever you had counting Horde players for the skirmishes is a fuckin retard or forgot to take his shoes off, including the half wit next to him and the other guy hired to watch the first couple morons.  Barbarians had maybe 30 on the field for the skirmish, your super secret intell as you posted said what,,,,100.  No where near 100.

you lost, take it like  a big boy and quit being a big fucking odd shaped headed pussy about it.

You won, I don't understand what the name calling is for. That's what us losers usually do. 

#29 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Well this should get interesting...

#30 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

I'm not sure what your problem is

Did you not see me on stage, congradulating the Horde players for their hard fought victory?

Did you not see me shaking the hands of the Horde players, after the dinner battle as everyone exited through Bedlam?

Did you not see me shaking the hands of the Horde players, after the final battle and congratulating them on their win?

Have you not seen posting in all corners of the internet, acknowledging their win and thanking them for a hard fought battle?

I don't know how else to "take it like a big boy", I'm simply stating facts. 

And ya'll are lucky we pulled Praetorian Guard off the field. Had the "Don't cross the 50 yard line rule" not been in place, I would have ordered them to saw your squad in half, then re-insert onto the field 45 seconds later. 

Don't jaw off at me bro, I don't see anyone ringing your phone, asking you to step up and general this game. If you want to curse at me, do in person in 361 days. I'll be at LL8

#31 bigfoot

bigfoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Seems like making the skirmish battles worth more points would alleviated this

#32 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Berserkers to general LL8?

I'm all for that

#33 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

Name(as it showed on jersey): Connor "Irish" McKenzie (Brew City Bomb Squad)

Team: Horde

Legion: Vandals

Saturday action

Number of insertions: 8

Favorite spot you played in: Bedlam

Most memorable part: Pushing down the road, along the edge of the ravine, and ambushing about 5-10 New Empire players with a long stream and just tore them up. A sea of hands popping up and walking off haha.

Worst part of play: Getting lit up unnecessarily after a bunch of pissy bitch assholes got mad that we kept rocketing the bunker, even the Ref was yelling to stop firing as we tried to get out of the woods to the left of Belize City (there was me and 3 more of my team mates, I left with more bruises from that attack then some people who went for slap sticks in the dinner battle).

Sunday action

number of insertions:7+ final battle

Favorite spot you played: Left side of the hill between bedlam and Armageddon

Most memorable part: The initial rush into Bedlam, or the sea of people I blasted while rushing over the hill.

Worst part of play: Getting rocketed out of my bunker...by my own team.

Thoughts and feelings  to follow

So lets hear everyone's thoughts and memories of LL7.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#34 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

The funny thing about "berserkers", he is whining about me discussing the game, yet look at him whine last year when he faced ONE of the tanks

http://www.techpb.co...-3#entry3288073

We obviously don't need to discuss the intelligence level of someone who uses the word "retard". We all got that memo about 10 years ago that it's not a very nice word, so I think that speaks volumes about the person who's making these posts

#35 BEZERKERS

BEZERKERS

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

The funny thing about "berserkers", he is whining about me discussing the game, yet look at him whine last year when he faced ONE of the tanks

We obviously don't need to discuss the intelligence level of someone who uses the word "retard". We all got that memo about 10 years ago that it's not a very nice word, so I think that speaks volumes about the person who's making these posts

nice try sweetie. you gotta try harder than that. That memo you speak of was in the same pile we all got about the same time about losing with grace. you obviously misplaced that one.  

BEZERKERS
Living Legends 6 Most Valuable Team for the Horde
IN THE FACE !!

#36 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

Double post

Edited by Murphstyle, 26 May 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#37 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Bezerkers not sure what your major malfunction is, but you need to relax. If you think your anywhere near ready to lead
More than 10 people into a scenerio game your sadly mistaken. I played for Mike at LL7 and the clowns vs zombies at PBexplosion. The amount of time he and and wolf/buckshot commited to those games to make them better for us, the players, is ridiculous. I created this thread so people could share their experiences and remember the good times, not to get mouthy and act tough..... If that's what you want to do make your own thread

#38 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Let me explain something to you sunshine.

We've been behind this game for the past 6 years. The number of people we've personally recruited for this game, is in the hundreds

I have a right, to use MY WEBSITE, to address issues with this game. I did this after LL2, after LL3, after LL4, after LL5, after LL6, and after LL7

You think I have any problem losing? Asshole I took 70 of my best players and put them on YOUR team last year (Horde), so you guys wouldn't get spawn trapped again like you did on Saturday

Over the past 6 years, I've switched teams 3 times to balance out the game for both sides. Come Sunday, I've been on the losing side at Legends more than I've been on the winning side

You're done here at TechPB, got puke your vomit somewhere else

nice try sweetie. you gotta try harder than that. That memo you speak of was in the same pile we all got about the same time about losing with grace. you obviously misplaced that one.  

#39 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

^^^ Hot Damn, this forum needs a like button.

No Name on Jersey (working on that)

New Empire Praetorian Guard

Saturday:

Insertions: 7+Dinner Battle

Favorite part:  Rangel telling me to lead a bunch of people to take Merida right as I picked up a Demo DAM w/box mag.  We pushed from the Eastern Edge of Vera Cruise up to the Western Edge of Merida before I ran out of paint and air.  Not sure if he's on here at all but there was a guy I "Taught" more or less to use his Apex the right way.  1 person laying down behind a log was holding us back.  Told him to flip the apex over and put 2 shots just over the log.  Next thing we see is a hand coming up and our team pushing futher on. 

Least Favorite part:  People that don't understand that once you hit someone and they call for a medic, that you should stop shooting.  I'm going to have to edit that clip out of my video or at least drop the volume after what I was yelling.  That and being one of 4-5 people that tried to hold the woods in the dinner battle. 

Sunday:

Insertions 4+ Final Battle

Favorite Part:  Armageddon push to Bedlam (that never quite made it).  The whole time was great.  From being a human shield for medics and Heavy weapons to turning around and seeing that I'm sharing a bunker with one of the LA Hitmen, it was just a good time all together.

Least Favorite Part:  30 seconds left in the final battle I get hit, as I grab my pod and turn around to leave I hear the end game screamer go off.  I figured I should go back to the temple and congratulate/shake hands with the Horde players.  While walking back (probably a full 30-60 seconds after End Game) I got lit up.  At least another 10 breaks on me not including the bounces.  Turned my comments from "good game" to "What the fuck" real quick.

Thoughts on the event as a whole:

Of course I would have liked to win, but that said, I still had a great time.  I was a little frustrated that the skirmishes ended up the way they did.  I was looking forward to them and the Praetorian Guard were told to stand down from the skirmish just as their first one was about to start, then our second one on Sunday was flat out canceled.  It sucks and is frustrating, but shit happens and like I said, I still had a great time. 

The amount of organization that Mike had for this event was ridiculous and I hope will set a new standard for events in the future. 

I do want to get this out there though that events like this bring out the best and the worst in people.  The best in my eyes being the emotion and the care for that sport.  Whether it be Mike basically donating $5k to someone that isn't even involved with paintball or an entire crowd getting behind making things right for a 12 year old kid.  Those parts changed my mind entirely on the event, for the better.  Why for the better, because prior to those things happening I was on the edge of not bothering to return to Living Legends next year, and this is where that worst part comes in.  Seeing how the final battle and the dinner battle went down was very disappointing to me.  Solely because of the sheer disregard for safety some people have.  When someone goes up to hit the slap stick, I get it, shoot them.  When they are on the ground rolling away or on the ground in the fetal position, point your fucking gun somewhere else.  What happened to the one of the Schack brothers on Saturday during the dinner battle to me is inexcusable.  Yes he went up to the stick knowing full well what was waiting for him on the other side and he took his hits.  But when he fell to the ground and you could still hear the roar of markers going off, not paint that was already in the air but fresh shots, it just sends a sickening feeling through me.  Knowing that there are people that spend the entire dinner/final battle laying prone with their gun up just waiting to put their 30 shots into someone, with out having the balls to actually step up and receive for once really pisses me off.  I know I don't have the balls to go up and hit a slap stick, which is why I don't sit and wait to punish the ones that do.  There's a pretty clear difference between defending a slap stick and being an asshole.  To the ones that stopped firing after they saw he was hit, job well done.  To the ones that kept firing while the player was on the ground, you sir are an asshole... bet of luck to you in life.

I know I'm just being a crotchety old guy, but that's my opinion and I fully anticipate getting heat for it.

#40 skibbo

skibbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

Posted a new thread about this as well, but great AAR from Social Paintball

Seems like a few crucial decisions swayed the game, but as I have said before; it was much closer than the score indicated.

http://socialpaintba...rio-game-recap/

Team Akkadian
UW-Platteville Paintball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users