109.gif

#52 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

I only get on every few days if ever now. Honestly it was all downhill after the TCCC and OG clubs got banned, and all the crap that went with it. Oh well, I'll always remember the 40+ page threads in 24 hours of gifs and the 500 page ans gear giveaway thread. A lot of the OG core members just have either left, or have been banned. Honestly even PBN isnt THAT active. BST yes, but other parts arent super crazy active. I mean I've had an account since 09 and have always at least lurked until the past 6 months or so, when it's just gotten really slow. Hell I only went paintballing for the first time in like 5 months last Saturday. TechPB had a relatively young userbase and people just get tied up with different priorities as time goes on I think.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#53 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

its just forums in general

Everyone is on Facebook. When we launched in 2008, Facebook was still pretty quiet. A year later, the iphone came out, and by 2011 more and more people were using Facebook instead of forums.

The site is here for you guys, not for us. If you want to use it, it's here. If you don't, it's still here.

We're going to continue to shave it down, consolidate it, and reduce it down dramatically to try to liven it up a little.

But, think about your day - how much time you spend on Facebook? And how much time do you spend on forums? Now you have your answer to your question :-)

#54 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

its just forums in general

Everyone is on Facebook. When we launched in 2008, Facebook was still pretty quiet. A year later, the iphone came out, and by 2011 more and more people were using Facebook instead of forums.

The site is here for you guys, not for us. If you want to use it, it's here. If you don't, it's still here.

We're going to continue to shave it down, consolidate it, and reduce it down dramatically to try to liven it up a little.

But, think about your day - how much time you spend on Facebook? And how much time do you spend on forums? Now you have your answer to your question :-)

Being perfectly honest I spend 0 minutes of my day on facebook, and probably about 45-60 minutes browsing forums. Mostly this one. Then again, I don't have facebook.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#55 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Seems like there has been more activity since this thread was posted. Wonder if it's out of pure spite....

o8qo.jpg

#56 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

The servers crashing is what killed my lurking. Never really recovered from it. Who knows it might just flare up again though. I've seen forums do some weird shit in the past.

Posted Image

#57 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

I stopped playing paintball in 2010 due to life and haven't gotten back in to it. I check the forums once in a while but I have no real reason to post. 6 years ago when TechPB launched I was playing paintball and one of the first people to sign up, now I'm a video editor. Not a whole lot of overlap unless I'm editing a video about paintball which believe it or not, isn't a huge demand. So I really have nothing more to contribute to the site. Last time I could answer a this vs that question it was ego8 v BL vice.

Glad to say at least that I got to fully participate when TechPB was booming

Edited by `kook, 19 August 2014 - 03:45 PM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#58 TDHunter99

TDHunter99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

Paintball has been slow for me. I don't have any friends to play with anymore. My closest friend that I used to play with just gave up because he got tired of spending his money on it. My nearest field is an hour drive and my parents don't exactly drive me whenever I want to play. No one in my town will hire you for a job until you're 18 so that means it will be 4 years until I can really get a half steady income. I finally scraped some money together a while back to buy some new gear and I have used it all once. I haven't played in months. I might, and at this point its looking kind of slim, get to play on labor day. I have to get my parents to drive me an hour to get paint and a tank fill because central PA has no paintball shops. At this point, I have seriously considered selling my gear and forgetting I ever played paintball. I kinda thought about downgrading to a cheap pump to save paint but its not what i want to do. I could really use that money to build a new rifle though. I guess it just sucks to be a teen anymore. Especially one that loves to play the most expensive sport on the planet.

Empire Axe - Ninja 77/45 - Valken Vmax2 - Empire E Flex 

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#59 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

I am so spoiled when it comes to paintball in general. I have a dozen fields within an hours or so drive from me the best proshop in New England 15 minutes away... I have more friends that play paintball than friends who dont and well the forums still have hope. I left a lot of FB groups because so many people are idiots on there. They are more easily accessed so you have a lot of morons posting stupidity on them. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#60 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:01 AM

This place really has been dying. Two years ago I was at the brink of quitting due to being a broke high school sophomore, I sold some stuff like my caddy, pants, headband just to play another day and I was down to my tank, VLocity, envy and pads. My tank expired and didn't pass hydro so I figured it was time to forget about paintball for a while so I stashed my gear away. Just recently I graduated and had a temporary job with that left me with some cash on hand as I look for another job and I plan to go back to the field again and enjoy the odd sport I love most. I plan to get some more friends to be my new group where as my old middle school pals went to another high school and eventually I lost contact because they went off to a university. TechPB is dying and Mike is by far the greatest help I've ever gotten in the sport of paintball, I knew nothing and followed everything he's said until I developed an opinion of my own. Even if paintball may be dying I'm glad I've played it the way it should have been played and not with some assholes who dont know a thing that shoot each other at the park with frozen paintballs purposely trying to hurt one another. I'd never want to forget ever playing paintball, I've made friends a lot of people and it just warms my heart to actually do something out of the ordinary without the lack of intensity.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#61 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

This place really has been dying. Two years ago I was at the brink of quitting due to being a broke high school sophomore, I sold some stuff like my caddy, pants, headband just to play another day and I was down to my tank, VLocity, envy and pads. My tank expired and didn't pass hydro so I figured it was time to forget about paintball for a while so I stashed my gear away. Just recently I graduated and had a temporary job with that left me with some cash on hand as I look for another job and I plan to go back to the field again and enjoy the odd sport I love most. I plan to get some more friends to be my new group where as my old middle school pals went to another high school and eventually I lost contact because they went off to a university. TechPB is dying and Mike is by far the greatest help I've ever gotten in the sport of paintball, I knew nothing and followed everything he's said until I developed an opinion of my own. Even if paintball may be dying I'm glad I've played it the way it should have been played and not with some assholes who dont know a thing that shoot each other at the park with frozen paintballs purposely trying to hurt one another. I'd never want to forget ever playing paintball, I've made friends a lot of people and it just warms my heart to actually do something out of the ordinary without the lack of intensity.

I feel like even though mike helped people like us out a lot, new players have found their own mike
109.gif

#62 agentx

agentx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

I come by just about daily and log in every time. Lurking is well.............Lurking.
You guys can have the pbnation BS, and frankly keep it. To many kids.
I do not wish to be part of that.
Paintball is still growing, I guess I was part of what you call the "Golden Age".
It's more organized and more popular now than ever.
Give this site some time to recover. When sites go down.......it's always hard to recover.
I know as I host  25 websites on 2 servers. I have been through it before myself.
My .02 cents.

lectro_logo.png
Helping design a better web for over 13 years!

#63 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

I feel like even though mike helped people like us out a lot, new players have found their own mike

I try to be that Mike for some people especially friends on the field, I share tips like hose clamping down the gravity feed hopper on to a Spyder stovepipe if their elbow broke or something.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#64 ChloricName

ChloricName

I put the agg in swag.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

These posts are making me fucking sad.

#65 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

The r/paintball subreddit has gained some popularity too....... :/

o8qo.jpg

#66 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

These posts are making me fucking sad.

I feel you man, I wish I could relive the days when this place was at it's height.  All of the YouTube videos, and the radio show and everything were so amazing.  I just feel like the industry has stalemated, and that trickled down to the online communities.  The sport hasn't been evolving fast enough to stay fresh, even Nation has decreased traffic.  I believe that the sport as a whole and this site will make a comeback one day, it's just gonna take some real exciting innovation, and a spot in the eye of the public again. 

Though, if we really do want to keep this site and sport alive and fresh, they only way is by telling people about the community and the sport and spreading the word. Lamenting about the possible loss of a website will do no good.  It's all in our hands

Edited by junits15, 02 October 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#67 agentx

agentx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

It's more organized and more popular now than ever.

After posting here the other day, it really got me to thinking is it really more popular now than ever?
Well, I thought so.
I am just coming back into Pball after about 8 years of being "out of the sport".
I did some hard looking around last night, and maybe I was wrong, I think it is more organized, but kinda loosing popularity.

Maybe you could say "shrinking"

I think the economy had a big impact on the entire sport, from companies to players.

A great example may be "Smart Parts", a company who I thought would be around forever. :o

So I humbly detract the statement I made the other day.

I think the sport could really use a new wave of players with character and  morals.
This seems to be lacking more and more now days.
(And I thought it was a big issue back in the day, but it seems to have just gotten worse.)

A good example of this is the forums at PBnation.

lectro_logo.png
Helping design a better web for over 13 years!

#68 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

Error 404 Member Title Not Found

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

This website is the #1 visited site on my computer. And it's all in desperation that somebody will make a post so I can reply and just chat about pball wit them. It brings me joy to be here but his place is dying. I love paintball so much. So much that I joined this site after I had only played twice in my whole life so far. And now that there is nobody to chat about paintball with I am getting so sad. I spend my lunch periods in schooll lurking the forums. And nobody ever signs in. This sites almost entirely driven by experienced players waning to help newbies. But all the newbies find pbnation before us, and the pbn flamers flame the noobs, then they don't wanna play ball any more, or try techpb even. It is sad. Whether this forum is dying or not, I will stay, like Jawz. I ain't leaving.

Eclipse Geo2-Empire Helix-Megabrand 68/45-Empire Z2

IFyouAREunder18andYOUpayFORyourGEARputTHISinYOURsig

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#69 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:41 PM

Lol wtf, I'm jumping ship as soon as taL does
109.gif

#70 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

Error 404 Member Title Not Found

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

Who is Tal?

image-2.jpg

And what happened to this?

Eclipse Geo2-Empire Helix-Megabrand 68/45-Empire Z2

IFyouAREunder18andYOUpayFORyourGEARputTHISinYOURsig

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#71 ChloricName

ChloricName

I put the agg in swag.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

Who is Tal?

image-2.jpg

And what happened to this?
They don't tell me either.

#72 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

I don't even know where that came from lol, I was offline for a good 8 months and apparently that was a thing

109.gif

#73 ChloricName

ChloricName

I put the agg in swag.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

I think it's was a nickname?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users