• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Harry

Harry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

I know, I know. "It's a year away!" Yes I get it.

This purpose of this topic is to start some chit chat, and build up to the event itself. 

I will attempt to keep this all up to date and post dates, teams, generals, squad leaders, all of that.

Basically anyone who wants to talk about LL8, do it here.

LL8 couldn't come any faster.

#2 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

ill be there.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#3 Harry

Harry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

ill be there.

I hope we all are.

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

God Willing I'll be there.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

If someone donates 10000 dollars ill be there...

o8qo.jpg

#6 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'm out next year. New baby coming in October and my wife would probably murder me if I even suggested going. Hopefully I can make it out for LL9.

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

As this event grows, mistakes made in planning & running it are amplified. 

Things like restrooms - On Sunday, CPX closed down the building bathrooms on Sunday, which were the Women's restrooms on Friday and Saturday. This left the women with using the port-o-potties that has been pee'd all over by the guys all day Friday and Saturday. I understand the property is on septic, and it's not ready to handle 3,000 people in a weekend, so plan on this properly and bring in APPROPRIATE female restrooms, not port-o-potties

Parking - The parking situation is horrific at best, it was bad at LL5, it's disastrous at this point. People are getting blocked in, people are parking anywhere they possibly can, they've got 500 spots for 2,000+ cars. 

I understand that an event of this size is complex, expensive, and difficult, but considering it's going on it's 8th year, many of these issues need to get corrected.

This year, they had close to 1,800 pre-registrations. IF you assume CPX makes $100 in profit on each one, that's $180,000 in upfront money they can use to put this together properly. 

The event (living legends) has long since outgrown the location (CPX), they aren't going to be given too many more chances to fix these issues before people stop going. 

They NEED to get this right. 

If you plan a wedding for 4,000 people, and only 3,500 show up, sure you might "overpay" a smidge on everything, but at least all 3,500 of those guests have a place to sit, and food to eat. Everyone is happy

If you plan a wedding for 2,000 people, and 3,000 people show up, you obviously now have a HUGE problem. Not enough seats, not enough food, everyone is pissed off, tension in the air, fighting, etc

#8 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

bathrooms were actually much better at 6 than 7.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#9 Al3xIP

Al3xIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:13 AM

Will definately try to be there again as well.

There probably will be new problems that will come up during LL8 but I hope the ones from past LLs are resolved

The only real issue for me was how wet the field had gotten I fell so many times even at the beginning of the first skirmish lol and cracked my halo shell :( but hey that's mother nature for ya

Edited by Al3xIP, 31 May 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#10 Mysteria

Mysteria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

I got out of the paintball loop for like 4 months and I planned to go to LL7, but since I was out of the loop I completely forgot.

Hopefully next year.

#11 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

I actually used the Reebok ATV 19+ shoes at LL7, and they worked so amazing I can't even begin to tell you

Yes I know they are crazy looking, yes I know they look like I have an octopus on the bottom of my feet, yes I understand how silly/dumb/crazy/insane/goofy/nerdy/stupid yada yada they look

But they performed AMAZING

No issues on smooth, wet concrete. No issues in deep mud, no issues on gravel, no issues on wet grass

For these conditions, with it being wet, slippery, muddy and miserable, they worked SO much better than anything I could have imagined. 

reebok-fall-2013-atv19-0.jpg

Will definately try to be there again as well.

There probably will be new problems that will come up during LL8 but I hope the ones from past LLs are resolved

The only real issue for me was how wet the field had gotten I fell so many times even at the beginning of the first skirmish lol and cracked my halo shell :( but hey that's mother nature for ya

#12 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

I'll be there again as usual. This time I have to be honest, I didn't even hardly make an attempt to talk to a few TechPBers, other than Willie, Kevin, and Orange.. I was there with my two brothers and since my last time at LL3 the TechPB staging area seemed like it was very sequestered into groups of people who all knew eachother well. At LL3 it was just a huge conglomerate of people who had only seen screen names and text before LL, all hanging out and having fun. I hope to see that again next year.

#13 Forrest99

Forrest99

got that rockin' summer bod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'm 15 going on 16 at the time of ll8, I want to go but i don't know how??

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#14 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,917 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Drive, fly, take the train, walk, learn how to teleport, your options are pretty open. All it takes is money and your parent/guardian's permission.

#15 Harry

Harry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

Find a way. You will not regret it.

#16 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'll be there again as usual. This time I have to be honest, I didn't even hardly make an attempt to talk to a few TechPBers, other than Willie, Kevin, and Orange.. I was there with my two brothers and since my last time at LL3 the TechPB staging area seemed like it was very sequestered into groups of people who all knew eachother well. At LL3 it was just a huge conglomerate of people who had only seen screen names and text before LL, all hanging out and having fun. I hope to see that again next year.

Well half the team was staged near the spawn, the other half staged in the pits

This year was completely different, since many of us had leadership roles on the field, we staged near the hospital. 

#17 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

I hope to try and make it out for LL8. Never been to LL and I always thought it looked amazing though. T

Gonna be going this year with my team to World Cup probably too.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#18 scot758

scot758

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Quite a few friends and I, who have never been to a living legends event, are excited to try and go to LL8 but it seems like living legends is always the third weekend in May which happens to be over finals. Any chance LL8 would be over the weekend of the May22-24 or is it pretty certain it will be May 15-17.

#19 PleasedTaco

PleasedTaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

For LL8, they should make the skirmishes optional, but worth actual game points toward a win plus maybe some extra medic cards and stuff. I loved the field that the skirmishes were on during LL7 and so did everyone I talked to about it. I liked how it was off the actual field itself and it was just really fun to play on so hopefully they keep that the same for LL8.

#20 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

I've been building up a Living Legends fund for 2 yrs now. I'm definitely coming this year. and so are like 5 friends! Can't wait!!!

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#21 PBxSwAg

PBxSwAg

DangerManXX FTW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

i really want to go, but im only 13 and am the only player in my family so its out of the question. maybe one day though

plus i have never been to a scenario in my life

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#22 King Snowman

King Snowman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

Time To start Saving. I Really Would Like to go to this event at least Once. 

And if its as awesome as I think it is i will definitely be going again

#23 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Any dates yet? I need to plan this all out because of AP testing and finals and such

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users