• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

I have the chance of getting eighter one as my upgrade mask, i have considered many other options but i have, for a number of reasons, narrowed it down to these two.. Any advice? Someone willing to throw in your two cents?? :) price for these two is pretty much the same were im buying

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Well we cant really tell you which will fit your face better. It would also help if we knew why you picked these two.

#3 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

True, i almost bought an i4 yesterday from a friend but found it way too small, specially in the chin area, mostly on the sides, i have heard that both the profiler and the events have better protection than the i4s.. I still want to upgrade to a tighter mask than my current low end, i chose these two first of all, because i always wanted eighter or since they first came out almost ten years ago.. Wich may be a dumb way to choose but anyway.. Second, because they are both the best masks i can safely buy new online in Mexico within my budget. So that is why i am asking pros and cons of these two.. Besides, i hated the foam in the i4 :/ hope some one could help before i order it, both are in the same price bracket in the same store..

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

The Profiler has foam thats fairly similar to the i4. Im not a big fan of the Events foam but it defonitely is firmer than that of the i4 and Profiler.

Most importantly though, do NOT set a budget on a mask. Youll just end up spending more in the end if you buy a mask you dont totally like. Do you have a shop nearby where you could try masks on? You should try the VIO, Grill, Proflex, etc. too.

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I own both and like both. The Profiler has better coverage, especially of the ears and jawline. Changing lenses might be a little easier on the Events. The Events have soft ears, the Profilers do not. The Events come with a dual pane thermal lens; the Profilers come with a single pane lens with an anti-fog coating...you pay extra for a dual pane lens. If I had to pick just one for my own use, I'd probably go with the Profilers, just for the coverage.

#6 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Sure, there is a store here at a field, but it is craaaaaazy over priced even for the mexican standards.. And they just have i4s.. And, im being honest here so dont get my question the wrong way.. Since when or why are either the profiler and the events low end or even mid range? They were both top of the line mask when they came out, i mean, faces have remained the same, paint has remained almost a 100% the same, guns are regulated at lower rates, what has changed so this are no longer high end? I mean, other high ends imo have the same features and have other stuff that i dislike.. The klr is crazy small, and is almost rigid for the most part, i4 (talk alot about them since they are the most common around here) is too and the plastic in them,im sorry but feels flimsy and cheap.. I dont know, im just a rookie or a noob, but it is crazy to me how people give elite status to some things that dont deserve it and takes it away from others diregarding how good they are.. To me the main down side of the said profiler is the lens that are at least in the older models a single pane.. On the events.. Cant really tell, never seen one in person :/

#7 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

I own both and like both. The Profiler has better coverage, especially of the ears and jawline. Changing lenses might be a little easier on the Events. The Events have soft ears, the Profilers do not. The Events come with a dual pane thermal lens; the Profilers come with a single pane lens with an anti-fog coating...you pay extra for a dual pane lens. If I had to pick just one for my own use, I'd probably go with the Profilers, just for the coverage.

See? This is what im talking about! Thanks! I think i am getting the profilers, i will see if snyone arround here has one i can try on to make my final decition :)

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

They are just cheaper now. Not many people I have ever met even really like the Events. Kinda a flop IMHO.

The Profiler is still great but some people are moving toward smaller masks with more flexible material. The stick lenses also suck. Make sure you get a dual pane lens when you buy it.

No one is saying these masks are "bad" but theres absolutely NO reason to limit yourself to these two.

Have you tried on a VIO? Like an i4 with all the problems (foam, build quality, small size) fixed IMO.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 03 June 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#9 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

This guy has the most comprehensive mask reviews I've seen.

#10 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

thanks! i have already seen most if not all of his mask review videos, very instructive.

#11 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

I have a Profiler and and Eflex. Not the same as the events but it has the same lens. I really like the Eflex, Events and Helix lenses. You might look into a Helix. Same as an events but with a one piece casting instead of 2. I like the way those masks feel and they're easy to take apart and maintain. Not that my Profiler is hard to take apart. I have to give a healthy nod to my Profiler. It's comfy, covers well. I got shot in the ear area in my Profiler and only heard a loud noise. No pain or discomfort. Not like getting ear holed while wearing an i4. And the Profiler is super sturdy. I'm a heavy guy. Over 300lbs. I fell while running whilst wearing my Profiler, landing face first with the full weight of my body and scraped up the lens really badly but the mask didn't come off my face and my face didn't look like I got mauled by a wild animal. i need to replace the lens, now, but the mask is still in pretty good shape. I also like that the Profiler comes with both a deflector and a visor. The Events doesn't. IIRC. Either choice would be good, though.

Edited by Village Idiot, 03 June 2014 - 11:11 PM.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#12 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

ok, one last question and this will pretty much decide wich one will i pick.. wich one has the better foam? i have heard in a review that the profiler's foam tends to pull away after some use.. some one experienced this before? and wich one of these has the softest foam? i like a foam that is more dense and less soft.. i have the feeling that a softer foam can make the mask move due to its own weight.. and wich one is lghtest??

thanks!

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

It is NOT something we can tell you over the internet, or even in person for that matter. How durable the foam is will depend mostly on how you treat the mask and how comfortable is depends completely on your face.

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

I also like that the Profiler comes with both a deflector and a visor. The Events doesn't. IIRC. Either choice would be good, though.

The events do come with both the visor and deflector, although they are not as sturdy of that as the profiler, since the profiler uses orings to hold the visor/deflector on
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#15 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Just a question.. Wich foam is more durable.. That's it..

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

There ISNT one that is more durable. Thats what I was trying to tell you. Either one should last you years unless you treat it poorly.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 06 June 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#17 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Weight shouldn't be an issue. The Profiler is 11 ounces with forehead shield and dual-pane lens. The E-Vents is 12 ounces. Both have straps that are more than capable of holding the mask steady on your face.

#18 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

There ISNT one that is more durable. Thats what I was trying to tell you. Either one should last you years unless you treat it poorly.

I know it depends on how well you take care of it, but there are different qualities, there is like the jt proflex quality, and there is like the sly profit foam.. that what i mean by wich one may be the better one..

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

The profiler foam has thinner strips and is less dense. The contours of it fit my face better personally. The Event foam has wider strips and is denser.

Both are equally soft on the face IMO, neither are rough or itchy.

#20 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

The profiler foam has thinner strips and is less dense. The contours of it fit my face better personally. The Event foam has wider strips and is denser.

Both are equally soft on the face IMO, neither are rough or itchy.

YES! this was the deal breaker/maker.. this means that i will like better the foam in the events! thanks!!

#21 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Fun fact... You can't tell 100% if you are going to like a particular foam or not without touching it.

Not to mention how well the actual mask will fit on your face. A $140 mistake was made there

There is also the vidar and proflexes to consider, I've not seen too many not liking the spectra line. So if your store has only i4s gamble your money and get either the proflexes or vidar imo
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#22 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Fun fact: never said i would like it a 100% just that i would like it more than the other.. Cuz.. Kinda know what i like and what i not.. Appreciate it though.. Just interested in the two i mentioned.. Only those available in my price range.. Hated the i4s btw.. Too small, bad foam imo,
:)

#23 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

At the risk of beating a very deceased horse, the difference in foam quality between the two masks is trivial. On a scale of one to 100, the foam on the E-Vents might be an 88 and the Profiler might be an 85. (For the sake of comparison, the Helix would be a 20.) If you were trying the masks on in person, I doubt the foam would make it into the top five differences between the two. The things that really separate these two masks, in descending order of importance to me, are 1) coverage area, 2) comfort/fit, 3) breathability, 4) ease of changing lenses, and 5) quality of stock lens. Deciding based on foam doesn't make much sense to me.

#24 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

That is also true, you can say "hey I like the events" only to fork out the cash for one, wear it for bit, have it fog, find out it doesn't contour to your face properly (the actual reason for fogging), then be out the money to buy said mask.

We are trying to minimize your losses but hey its your money at the end of day.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users