• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Hi, i had a bittersweet experience today, i went against the grain and almost bought a used mask, at first it sounded like a good deal,it was a limited edition white gold dye i4. I saw the ad in the latin american ebay, mercadolibre.. I was looking for a mask, so i typed "dye mask" in the search field. Then i saw this limited edition white gold mask and it was a seller from my town and the price was almost right. I arranged the meeting with the seller after watching pictures of the mask that looked in decent used condition.. We met, i had the cash, he had the mask, but the condition was far from what it seemed to be in the pics :( i was so dissapointed, the front vents were kinda broken, the velcro for attaching the soft ears was broken, the lens were badly scratched.. Man.. I really wanted it but at the end i was happy i did not finished the deal.. I can only wonder what would have become if i had bought it over the internet without seeing it in person.. I guess that is why everyone advises against buying used masks...

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

I tend to buy stuff like that new, because I don't want to wear something someone else has sweated into. Sure, you can run it through some water and wash it some, but even then the idea of it still whigs me out. I'm much happier buying a mask new, rather than used.

#3 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

I tend to buy stuff like that new, because I don't want to wear something someone else has sweated into. Sure, you can run it through some water and wash it some, but even then the idea of it still whigs me out. I'm much happier buying a mask new, rather than used.

I know.. I am kinda even against all used gear in general, so it was my mistake.. I am happy i did not buy it anyway.. I am now about to buy from an online store a brand new profiler.. It is the mask i always wanted to own ever since it came out 9/10 years ago and it is going to cost me shipped less than i was going to pay for that used piece of dung ( im just saying that because the condition it was in, i still think i4s are awesome masks even when they are too small for my face)

#4 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Used masks = foam drenched in other people's facial secretions = no bueno.

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, never buy used masks. Or soft goods for that matter. Guns, tanks, and loaders are fine, but don't buy shit that people have worn before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users