• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

Ok. So ive been doin a lot of research and ive come across quite a few guns that seem to have reviews going from awesome to absolute garbage. My budget is 300 or less. Hoping for a little less. Lol. I prefer new guns. I have bad luck with used guns. The few markers that I have found i seemed to like are
DP G5- although a lot of people say its got a lot of problems. Some do say its great.
GoG extcy- seems to have good reviews and is quite a bit lower than 300
2011 Proto PMR Rail- seems good.
Invert mini- lots of different people have different views on this.
2011 mokal aura- dont know very much about this gun
Valken proton- had some good and bad reviews
Planet eclipse Etha- this is quite a bit higher. But if it really blows these others out of the water. I could consider it.
Please let me know of any of these could win hands down. Or if there are others I should check out around that price range (: thanks

#2 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

Save up your money and buy an Axe.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#3 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

I've been seeing a lot about the axe. But I heard its just like the mini. And I'm not too sure if I will like the feel of a gun that small. :/

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

I'm still going to suggest buying used. A used gun for 300 dollars will absolutely outclass anything you will buy new, the risk is worth it.

#5 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

Would eBay be the best bet to get a used marker ? If that really is the way to go. What would be the best used one from 250-300

#6 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

What do you guys know about the dangerous power g5. I really seem to like it.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

I've seen a few people with the G5, it seems to do fine, at least I haven't seen one go down yet.

An Axe is pretty much a larger, more stretched out version of the Mini.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Thanks. I like so many of these guns including the axe. What might be a good upgraded bolt for the g5 ?

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

There aren't any currently available for the G5.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Darn. Any other suggestion you'd mind sharing ? (:

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

What do you like about the G5?

#12 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

It looks like it will fit in my hands nicely. I love that it doesn't have a macro line. Plenty of little things that I like about it. I also think it looks really bad ass. What's your take on it ?

#13 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

If you still are pretty new, then you shouldnt worry about something like no macro. In the end it really doesn't make much of a difference. 

My suggestion is not to go Ebay because 90% of the time you get screwed. If not by a seller then by ebay itself.

Mcarterbrown would have some good deals on a good marker. Why is it that you have a bad expirience used. On a good fourm like techpb or mcarterbrown the chance you will get screwed is very slim. Only thing is that techpb's BST is kinda a ghost town lately. 

After a very quick search through the BST you can find something like this.

http://www.mcarterbr...inkish-red.html

pretty new marker and would work much better than any marker new in the $300 range.

Also For the case of upgraded bolts, If you are going to buy a $300 marker and then want to spend another $40-$50 on a new bolt, and more money on upgrades. Why not Just buy a nicer marker in the first place. It would shoot much better than a G5 with any upgrade you add to it. 

Edited by paintballer999, 05 June 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#14 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Well I've gottena few markers and they have ended up having countless problems. With the hammer. The sear. The o-rings. Electronics. Idk. You name it. It does seems like a good idea to buy off that site though. I just don't like getting screwed. Lol. Any other tips that may be helpful?

Edited by Baby Jesus Swag, 05 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#15 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Ask for a shooting video

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#16 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well I've gottena few markers and they have ended up having countless problems. With the hammer. The sear. The o-rings. Electronics. Idk. You name it. It does seems like a good idea to buy off that site though. I just don't like getting screwed. Lol. Any other tips that may be helpful?

Ebay. You are getting screwed. I guarentee it. But I would be VERY surprised if you get screwed on mcarterbrown. 

#17 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Ebay. You are getting screwed. I guarentee it. But I would be VERY surprised if you get screwed on mcarterbrown. 
Honestly. How do you find threads on that site. Lol. May be a horribly dumb question. But I can't figure it out.

#18 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

go to where it say site navigation then click on the word Fourms. Then you can see everything including the BST. Remember to read the rules

#19 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

go to where it say site navigation then click on the word Fourms. Then you can see everything including the BST. Remember to read the rules

Thank you very much. Do quite a few people sell guns on there ?

#20 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

much more than techpb. I never got into Pb nation. 

#21 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

much more than techpb. I never got into Pb nation. 

Thanks. What's your paintball setup. ?

#22 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

actually its funny you should ask as I just changed from my T2 to something new.

http://www.techpb.co...t-needs-a-name/

#23 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

actually its funny you should ask as I just changed from my T2 to something new.

Very nice. (: go with a basic name. I'm actually fairly new to paintball. And I'm trying to learn as much as I can about all the guns and different part names. So much research done. Haha.

#24 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

Very nice. (: go with a basic name. I'm actually fairly new to paintball. And I'm trying to learn as much as I can about all the guns and different part names. So much research done. Haha.

Check out Mikes videos. They are great to learn how to get into the sport. Another youtuber you may like is WebDogPaintball. He used to make really nice videos, Check webdogpaintball and webdogarchives on youtube. Many of the videos would be great for you learning the sport. Also Remember When joining the sport not to focus entirely on the gear side. We all in the beggining get sucked into buying the most expensive of everything and stuff. 

Just take my advice and start small, Meet friends and have fun. For the most part about 99% of paintballers are very nice people and just want to have fun. Don't forget that.

#25 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Check out Mikes videos. They are great to learn how to get into the sport. Another youtuber you may like is WebDogPaintball. He used to make really nice videos, Check webdogpaintball and webdogarchives on youtube. Many of the videos would be great for you learning the sport. Also Remember When joining the sport not to focus entirely on the gear side. We all in the beggining get sucked into buying the most expensive of everything and stuff. 

Just take my advice and start small, Meet friends and have fun. For the most part about 99% of paintballers are very nice people and just want to have fun. Don't forget that.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (: a yeah. Lol. I love looking at paintball stuff. So much fun. And hey. I've actually have had problems with 2 guns one of my friends gave me. And I'm curious if you would have any idea whats wrong with them ? Of you're good at that sorta thing.

#26 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

Im ok. Better to take it to the equipment advice fourms. But first what markers are they and whats wrong. Trust me. If you ask for help here or Mcarterbrown you will likely find a answer and you will likely be happy you did.

#27 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

eXTCy hands down

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#28 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Im ok. Better to take it to the equipment advice fourms. But first what markers are they and whats wrong. Trust me. If you ask for help here or Mcarterbrown you will likely find a answer and you will likely be happy you did.

Well, ones a spyder rodeo. And the other i a piranha gti. They sat for quite a few years. (Around 5) I replace all of the bad o-rings. Neither leak now. But on both of them.(more so on the rodeo). When you cock it. And fire once. The gun shoots very fast. And sounds like its going to explode lol. The only way to stop it i grab the bolt or unscrew the tank. I looked online. The only thing I could find is the sear is not catching on the hammer. Which make sense. But neither are worn down. Or it's the sear spring. Which makes even more sense. But seems to be pushing the sear up just fine. Any suggestions?

#29 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

I mean that happens on blowbacks when you dont have enough air to push it back. Also Both of those are cheap guns from 5 years ago. To be honest internally they are almost exactly the same as rental markers. I wouldnt really trouble myself with them anyways if I were you. Yeah they could probably be saved but, you would never use them if you got a new marker

#30 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

I mean that happens on blowbacks when you dont have enough air to push it back. Also Both of those are cheap guns from 5 years ago. To be honest internally they are almost exactly the same as rental markers. I wouldnt really trouble myself with them anyways if I were you. Yeah they could probably be saved but, you would never use them if you got a new marker

True. I currently mostly play woodsball. So I have an a-5. I think it's very good. Especially with the apex barrel. I know this is very random. I don't even know how I got this dinasour. But I have a tippmann 68-carbine. Lol

#31 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I was going to type up some advice, but then remember mike made a video on it a while ago.

#32 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

The real questions we should really be asking is for what level of play (recball vs tournament) and does it really need electronics?
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#33 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

I was going to type up some advice, but then remember mike made a video on it a while ago.

Very informational video. That's exactally why I want a nice electronic gun. I would definitely play woodsball with it a well as some more speedball.

The real questions we should really be asking is for what level of play (recball vs tournament) and does it really need electronics?

Doesn't really need to be electronic. As long as I can dish out around 15bps would be great

#34 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

the only semi mechs that can dish out 15bps are automags. But you probably want a used mid end electro

#35 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

the only semi mechs that can dish out 15bps are automags. But you probably want a used mid end electro

What's bad about automags?

#36 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Nothing. They are great markers. They actually are some of the first ever semi auto markers. Only thing is they happen to be heavier and it would probably be easier for you to get an more modern marker to get into the sport. 

#37 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Nothing. They are great markers. They actually are some of the first ever semi auto markers. Only thing is they happen to be heavier and it would probably be easier for you to get an more modern marker to get into the sport. 

Ahh. Ohkay. Thanks so much. It's so hard to decide on so many nice markers. Lol

#38 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

go to your local field and if you see someone, ask if you can shoot it at once or something before the game. just be nice and tell them that you are trying to decide what to buy. I will tell you that 3/4 guys will probably let you shoot it.

#39 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

go to your local field and if you see someone, ask if you can shoot it at once or something before the game. just be nice and tell them that you are trying to decide what to buy. I will tell you that 3/4 guys will probably let you shoot it.

Very good idea. That is also a worry for me. Getting one and not liking how it feels. Out of the markers you've owned. Do you have a favorite ?

#40 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

I have had a odd road when it comes to markers. One of the things I had trouble deciding was Pump or normal semi. I Loved my T2, But I couldnt resist the Dm14. These are both out of your budget. But One of the markers I did have along the way was a Dangerous Power Revi. I loved it but, The trigger is absolute garbage. Besides that its a amazing marker that if you can find one goes for around $350 used. 

What I would really reccommend though, after not owning them, but still shooting them is to get a used axe or reflex rail. They will shoot much better than the ones new at the same price. In fact The axe for a while was considered a Supergun even though its $450 price range. Trust me a used couple year old supergun will outshoot a "beginner" marker everyday.

#41 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

I have had a odd road when it comes to markers. One of the things I had trouble deciding was Pump or normal semi. I Loved my T2, But I couldnt resist the Dm14. These are both out of your budget. But One of the markers I did have along the way was a Dangerous Power Revi. I loved it but, The trigger is absolute garbage. Besides that its a amazing marker that if you can find one goes for around $350 used. 

What I would really reccommend though, after not owning them, but still shooting them is to get a used axe or reflex rail. They will shoot much better than the ones new at the same price. In fact The axe for a while was considered a Supergun even though its $450 price range. Trust me a used couple year old supergun will outshoot a "beginner" marker everyday.

Ahh. I may need to look into an axe then. And also. My dad gave this to me. And the places ive looked it seems to be kinda rare. It's a Sheridan products model pgp. All I know is it works and he used it when he was a kid. Ad looks as if its made out of brass. Lol. Anything you can tell me about it ?

#42 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Sheridan PGPs are great, well if it doesnt leak. I personally have not shot one. Basicly they were one of the first sheridans, Sheridans are one of two different types of pump paintball markers. The other being nelson. Im not going to get into the specifics but Although PGPS arent Super rare, I would be surprised if you see anyone using one at the field. They are a nice Stock class pistol, and there is not much else to say about them. As for the brass, Paintball markers were originally all brass like the PGP, We then later turned to lighter weight materials and stronger materials. Its cool to hear that your dad has been into paintball. I know I wish my dad was like that. But anyways just go out there and have fun. I am sure that if you have any questions that people will be glad to help. I added you as a friend and if you ever want help, Feel free to Private Message me.

#43 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Sheridan PGPs are great, well if it doesnt leak. I personally have not shot one. Basicly they were one of the first sheridans, Sheridans are one of two different types of pump paintball markers. The other being nelson. Im not going to get into the specifics but Although PGPS arent Super rare, I would be surprised if you see anyone using one at the field. They are a nice Stock class pistol, and there is not much else to say about them. As for the brass, Paintball markers were originally all brass like the PGP, We then later turned to lighter weight materials and stronger materials. Its cool to hear that your dad has been into paintball. I know I wish my dad was like that. But anyways just go out there and have fun. I am sure that if you have any questions that people will be glad to help. I added you as a friend and if you ever want help, Feel free to Private Message me.

Thank you very much 👍 you helped lots

#44 OFWGKTA666

OFWGKTA666

Felicia the goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:24 AM

Is it too late to comment? My input won't help much probably but there are a few sellers on eBay that aren't half bad. I bought a used extcy off of trademygun for 115$ and I couldn't be more happy. With the money I'm saving buying used its worth risking it and any repairs still have me under new and lots of used retail values. But that's just me. These other guys have more experience. That being said, that seller sells tons of used guns and contacting them is easy

"I'm a F*cking unicorn. and F*ck anybody that say im not"
Heroes-para-ninos-Troll-face-F-ck-Yeah-3

#45 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

Is it too late to comment? My input won't help much probably but there are a few sellers on eBay that aren't half bad. I bought a used extcy off of trademygun for 115$ and I couldn't be more happy. With the money I'm saving buying used its worth risking it and any repairs still have me under new and lots of used retail values. But that's just me. These other guys have more experience. That being said, that seller sells tons of used guns and contacting them is easy

I've bought a few things from trademygun. They seem to be good. How do you like your extcy

#46 OFWGKTA666

OFWGKTA666

Felicia the goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

I love it honestly. The trigger, like I read tons of reviews about, was weird but after playing with it for a few days I got it how I like it. I'm still a newbie when it comes to paintball but you can't go wrong with a great feeling gun that performs well even if it was used

"I'm a F*cking unicorn. and F*ck anybody that say im not"
Heroes-para-ninos-Troll-face-F-ck-Yeah-3

#47 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, slow the train up for a second.  $300 for a new (or lightly used) marker is not bad, but more importantly, do you already have the associated necessities?  Lets say you go with the Axe, your CO2 and Shake and shoot loader isn't going to cut it anymore.  Now figure $140 minimum for an air tank and $80 minimum for a loader.  Your $300 for a new marker just dropped to $80.  There are ways around this, but up to now we've all just been kind of assuming you already have the necessities. 

#48 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, slow the train up for a second.  $300 for a new (or lightly used) marker is not bad, but more importantly, do you already have the associated necessities?  Lets say you go with the Axe, your CO2 and Shake and shoot loader isn't going to cut it anymore.  Now figure $140 minimum for an air tank and $80 minimum for a loader.  Your $300 for a new marker just dropped to $80.  There are ways around this, but up to now we've all just been kind of assuming you already have the necessities. 

Yes I do 👍 I don't have a carbon fiber tank though. I definitely wouldn't try to be running co2 through a full auto. Lol. I may be semi new. But I'm not completely stupid 😁

#49 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

I don't know what field still allows full autos, But the owners of that place would be completely stupid.

#50 Baby Jesus Swag

Baby Jesus Swag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

I don't know what field still allows full autos, But the owners of that place would be completely stupid.

Yeah. They still allow them though. What setup do you run ? And what would be a good mech maker that you could still walk the trigger and shoot pretty fast?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users