• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm wanting to upgrade my stock 12 inch axe barrel. Ans has a sale right now for the Stiffi one piece carbon barrel. 14, 16, and 18 inch. I been thinking about the 18 inch and was wondering if that was too long? It'll be for big woodsball fields mainly.

#2 RobTheRook'

RobTheRook'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

if youre going to go longer than a 14, get a 2 piece. custom product 2 piece is a great barrel for the price. if youre looking for a bit higher end, shaft 4s or boomsticks will work

#3 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

if youre going to go longer than a 14, get a 2 piece. custom product 2 piece is a great barrel for the price. if youre looking for a bit higher end, shaft 4s or boomsticks will work

also consider lurker 2 piece and inception designs barrels

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

18" is very cumbersome in my opinion, on a short speedball gun like the Axe it would be even worse. What do you want out of a new barrel? It's only going to change looks and maybe efficiency if you underbore it, accuracy, range and such are the same between all barrels.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

Theres really no reason to get over 16in and that is still pretty unwieldy. Ive never been a fan of Stiffi barrels personally as they are louder than aluminum in my experience and I dislike how they unbalance my setup.

I doubt theyre still selling them but you couldnt swab the old ones either. Probably can for any ANS is still selling though.

#6 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

What about the CP dynasty 2 piece? Looks like a lot people like it. Also what size should I get? The stock axe is a .68. Should I stick with that?

#7 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

What about the CP dynasty 2 piece? Looks like a lot people like it. Also what size should I get? The stock axe is a .68. Should I stick with that?

Your best bet is probably going to ans gear, getting this barrel kit: http://www.ansgear.c...lkit4spyder.htm

Or this one: http://www.ansgear.c...lkit7spyder.htm

And then this adapter: http://www.ansgear.c...daptspy-ckr.htm

This will put your barrel to a total length of 15 inches.

Eclipse Geo2-Empire Helix-Megabrand 68/45-Empire Z2

IFyouAREunder18andYOUpayFORyourGEARputTHISinYOURsig

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#8 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

18" is very cumbersome in my opinion, on a short speedball gun like the Axe it would be even worse. What do you want out of a new barrel? It's only going to change looks and maybe efficiency if you underbore it, accuracy, range and such are the same between all barrels.

So length doesn't improve the accuracy at all?

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

So length doesn't improve the accuracy at all?

Nopers. Literally the only things that affect accuracy in paintball are if your gun is clean and the quality of the paint. Only stuff you can do beyond that is buy First Strike's or aim better.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Your best bet is probably going to ans gear, getting this barrel kit: http://www.ansgear.c...lkit4spyder.htm

Or this one: http://www.ansgear.c...lkit7spyder.htm

And then this adapter: http://www.ansgear.c...daptspy-ckr.htm

This will put your barrel to a total length of 15 inches.
Well if it didn't effectively ruin the gains for getting barrel kit it would be a good option.

Personally I use and recommend the shaft4 and Stella barrels because... I like it?

Edited by get.lit.up!, 08 June 2014 - 10:48 PM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#11 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

I'd recommend the Lurker Barrel if you're on a budget or just looking for a great barrel that is one of the best on the market.  You can pick one up here: http://www.lurkerpb....duct-p/2peb.htm

I'd also recommend checking out the Stella Barrel, I have heard it is quite good  :tup:

Maryland Paintballer

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

Lurker or Disruptive, Stella if you really wanna splurge.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

I think I'm gonna go with the stella with a freak back w/ two stainless steel inserts and one stella front. I'm not real crazy about the arrow head tip though. Might just play without a tip.

#14 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

I think I'm gonna go with the stella with a freak back w/ two stainless steel inserts and one stella front. I'm not real crazy about the arrow head tip though. Might just play without a tip.

But you will wear out the front... Boss paintball has fronts with the threads lobbed off for about 13.5" worth of barrel, other tips coming soon.

And you are really not getting the full benefits of the Stella kit if you go the insert path, the insert path is mainly there to ease the freak users into the barrel system so they will sell the inserts and buy backs instead. Heck if you wanted inserts just buy a deadly winds barrel, much slicker
gnUDL.png

#15 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Most of the benefit you get from the stella kit comes from the bored fronts. It don't make a lot of sense to me to get a bunch of different backs when you can get one that accepts inserts and it's just as good.

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

5" control bore vs 8" control bore.... It only makes sense to get the real Stella backs for full benefits
gnUDL.png

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Most of the benefit you get from the stella kit comes from the bored fronts. It don't make a lot of sense to me to get a bunch of different backs when you can get one that accepts inserts and it's just as good.

Well, if you're saying that there's no point in the Stella backs, then I can argue that there's no point to the Stella fronts either. Just get a Freak front, or a Deadlywind barrel, it'll do the same thing. 

#18 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

@predator
Freak doesn't make a different bore size for the front. That's all I was saying. That's really the only thing that separates the stella from a freak. Stella's have a ton of porting too but that's not my point.
@get lit up
Now that is something I didn't think about. Might have to reconsider the freak back.
@predator
Freak doesn't make a different bore size for the front. That's all I was saying. That's really the only thing that separates the stella from a freak. Stella's have a ton of porting too but that's not my point.
@get lit up
Now that is something I didn't think about. Might have to reconsider the freak back.

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

Well the porting to me is one of the more important things that make a noticeable, if marginal, difference.

#20 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

2 Piece dye carbon boomstick and your set to go.

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

2 Piece dye carbon boomstick and your set to go.

Lol... no.

#22 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

just used the lurker v3 2 piece on my axe from using a sly dual carbon.  Lurker has a great sound signature.  Sturdy barrel.  Very quiet.  

You don't need some fancy barrel kit for your axe.  It's not a closed bolt autococker.  

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

You don't need some fancy barrel kit for any marker^

#24 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

You don't need some fancy barrel kit for any marker^

Yeah but I can see why someone would want one on a closed bolt.  Not everyone wants to use tape to hold a ball in place.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#25 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

You mean an underbored barrel? You can get an underbored barrel for cheap too. Doesn't have to be mega fancy.

#26 WiiMint

WiiMint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

If you really want a carbon fiber barrel, then I recommend the 14in. Deadlywind CF Fibur barrel. It's under $100, it's freak insert compatible, and it's so light that it can be lifted into the air with a balloon (see HustlePaintball's review on it). However, in my opinion the Custom Products 1-piece Classic barrels are the best for the money. They have really nice honing on the inside, great anodized exterior, a large amount of porting, and a wide variety of options from bore size to color, for all under $30.

Did you ever notice how Valken Graffiti smells like chocolate? Then, when you leave some in a pod on a hot day, they smell like melted chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users