• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 GERT

GERT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hi. I just want to get a feeling of what people think about the Etha. I have a Proto Rail 2011 at the moment, but I want to upgrade at the end of the year to some thing beter that is affordable for me.

I did a bit of research on the Etha, but I would appreciate any comment on this topic just to get clarity.  

Thanks.

#2 TDHunter99

TDHunter99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

what is your price range?

Empire Axe - Ninja 77/45 - Valken Vmax2 - Empire E Flex 

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

What improvements are you looking for?

#4 GERT

GERT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Let me put it like this, I am getting a bit of money at the end of the year and want to buy a new paintball gun. The empire mini(R4500) and Etha(R4300) is in the same price range here in South Africa. I like the Etha more because I can get the kit for it to change to a woodsball gun. I just want to know if the pro's like you think the Etha is a good gun or not. 

I usually get as much info I can on a product before I make my final decision.

Thanks for all the help.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Have you already upgraded ALL your other gear first.

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Have you already upgraded ALL your other gear first.

This. If you have not already, I would upgrade your other stuff first such as hopper, tank, pod pack, etc.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#7 Forrest99

Forrest99

got that rockin' summer bod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Wow that's cool, there's even paintball in South Africa!

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#8 GERT

GERT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Most of my gear is new, scion hopper, guarilla air, empire bt 4 pod pack, empire E-vent black goggles...... I think my gear is ok for now, but I would like to get a new gun. I bought the rail second hand because I first bought my other gear.

Is the ETHA a good and reliable gun?

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Most of my gear is new, scion hopper, guarilla air, empire bt 4 pod pack, empire E-vent black goggles...... I think my gear is ok for now, but I would like to get a new gun. I bought the rail second hand because I first bought my other gear.

Is the ETHA a good and reliable gun?

You need to define what "good" means for you.  What do you not like about the Rail that is making you look for another gun?  What qualities/features are you looking for an improvement on?

#10 Harry

Harry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

I own the Etha and really there are not many problems. The regulator uses the same parts as the Egos and Geos, the barrel is almost the same as them too (just less porting). The only thing is a little bit of spring vibration after each shot. I got the TechT MRT bolt for mine and now it shoots really well. It can ramp at 12.5 bps too (I did it all of Living Legends 7) with no problems. 

As for reliability, it's really good and if anything does happen to break Planet Eclipse's customer support is great. 

You cannot go wrong with this gun for it's price range. 

LL8 couldn't come any faster.

#11 GERT

GERT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

Thanks Harry. There is nothing wrong with my Rail, I am enjoying it, but I would like to spoil myself with a new gun and I like the ETHA because you can get the EMC kit for it. Here by us in South Africa we have a lot of woods ball venues to play. I think the ETHA with the EMC kit is the best option for me. I can use it when we are playing speed ball and then put the kit on if we are playing woods ball.

I play for fun at this stage and not serious competitions. I just want a gun that is strong, reliable and that will last me for a while.

I am still new in this game and just want to enjoy it, and not worry about a gun that can break easily or jam or something like that.

Thanks for all the help and advise!

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Its not like any electro will be "stronger" and some will break or jam. The differences will be in how often you must do maintenance and how complicated it is.

#13 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

I love my etha, i whip it out whenever during the day just to play with it, i keep it on hand if say my main marker goes down or if i bring a friend along for the day, or even if a team mates gun goes down. But yeah i think its a great marker for anyone

#14 GERT

GERT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for all the help, I did not hear one bad thing about the ETHA so far. All the reviews on Youtube is also positive.

Thanks fellas all the info helped a lot.

I must just wait for it know, but it is  something to look foward to.

Edited by GERT, 16 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#15 RussnLgnTimmy

RussnLgnTimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

I would recommend getting the best cocker threaded barrel you can afford, get a better hopper and maybe a new tank. Then get a dangerous power g5 used for cheap. Just a suggestion. As a general rule of thumb:
Planet Eclipse > Dangerous Power but the g5 is definitely a better marker than the etha. Again these are all just my opinion.

Edited by RussnLgnTimmy, 16 June 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

I would recommend getting the best cocker threaded barrel you can afford, get a better hopper and maybe a new tank. Then get a dangerous power g5 used for cheap. Just a suggestion. As a general rule of thumb:
Planet Eclipse > Dangerous Power but the g5 is definitely a better marker than the etha. Again these are all just my opinion.

Why should he get a different barrel?

And why do you say the G5 is a better marker than the Etha?

#17 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

The Etha over G5 every day of the week. The Etha is backed up by planet eclipse which has great customer support and a good spare parts bag/kit that will keep the marker running for a long time. The Etha is a great marker for anyone and you can do much more with it then the G5.... EMC Kit

#18 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

The Etha over G5 every day of the week. The Etha is backed up by planet eclipse which has great customer support and a good spare parts bag/kit that will keep the marker running for a long time. The Etha is a great marker for anyone and you can do much more with it then the G5.... EMC Kit

the etha is also much more reliable and smooth than the g5

If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

the etha is also much more reliable and smooth than the g5

What makes the Etha more reliable? Also its subjective but Id say I thought the G4 and 5 were smoother than the Etha I had.

#20 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

From what i hear and see not only on the web but also on my local field, DP markers just does not seem to be as reliable as other marker. For how smooth the Etha, i mean sure its not a Geo 3, but for what you pay your getting a lot. I will give up smoothness of shoot for reliability. 

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

From what i hear and see not only on the web but also on my local field, DP markers just does not seem to be as reliable as other marker. For how smooth the Etha, i mean sure its not a Geo 3, but for what you pay your getting a lot. I will give up smoothness of shoot for reliability. 

2nd or 3rd hand accounts of markers' "reliability" don't help anyone.

Both should never let you down if you perform the very basic maintenance that they require. In fact, the Etha actually has several more critical orings and a more complicated bolt system.

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

In general, all markers have reliability. It's almost required that a marker that comes out in todays time has what everyone thinks as "planet eclipse durability". If it doesnt, it is absolutely horrid in reliability because by now that should be required with normal maintainence.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#23 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

in no way am i trying to start a argument with anyone over "whats better then what", Im just throwing out information that i have collected over my time playing paintball for a handful of years and IMO i don't find DP marker to be as reliable as other markers on the market. So i wouldn't buy another DP marker. 

#24 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

Ya this is a great intermediate marker good choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users