• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Garrettgamond7

Garrettgamond7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

I need some players to help inform me on how to improve my woodsball loadout, I would say i am decent with the loadout i have but i feel it could be improved,

My current loadout is
Tippman a5 marker (stock) (custom woodland painted)
Ninja 68/45 tank
Remote line
Valken 4+1 harness(tank hurts my back when i run or prone)
Bdu woodland pants
Olive drab t shirt
Empire arm sleeve/ elbow pads
Condor knee pads
Under armor running shoes
V force grill
2 shemagh (neck/head)

When playing woodsball i am a intense front player i love to run up as far as possible and prone and wait for unsuspecting front players,
So i need to be mobile and accurate and have enough paint to get the job done, i need my front body to be cleared so i can prone with ease also i am very skinny so bulky vests tend to slip, also im looking for ways to improve my marker. Please help me

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

Shoot better paint or get a lighter marker. If you want accuracy you need a stable marker so Id personally suggest foregoing the remote line and putting the tank on your marker.

#3 Garrettgamond7

Garrettgamond7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

What about buying an apex or a adjustable stock

#4 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

Save your money and invest in a better marker, there's a limit in terms of the gains you're going to get with a marker that, number one does not have a regulator. A lighter marker, you might consider a speedball marker, is going to give you massive gains in terms of efficiency, rate of fire, the quality of paint you can shoot and even accuracy. In this case by accuracy i mean that by having a regulator the velocity between shots is going to be more consistent meaning it's easier to judge where your shot is going to go, assuming you're shooting reasonable paint. And on the topic of paint you'll be able to use higher quality paint because better markers are softer on paint.

Lastly, you'll also be able to get better barrels, meaning you can paint to barrel match, adjust your barrel length and even the type of barrel for things like weight or sound. Apex barrels are fun, but using them on a marker without a regulator isn't going to get you nearly the desired effect. As for a stock, just use the tank.

All that being said, if you're stuck on the a5 because you want a " tacit cool" type of marker, upgrade to something like the gog g1, p.e. Etha with the tactical kit or something along those lines.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Apex is personal preference but nornal sticks suck for paintball. Tanks work much better for shoulder support.

#6 Garrettgamond7

Garrettgamond7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

I have an azodin blitz for speedball nd a prophecy wirh a ninja 68 tank should i try using that in woodsball?

#7 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I need some players to help inform me on how to improve my woodsball loadout, I would say i am decent with the loadout i have but i feel it could be improved,

My current loadout is
Tippman a5 marker (stock) (custom woodland painted)
Ninja 68/45 tank
Remote line
Valken 4+1 harness(tank hurts my back when i run or prone)
Bdu woodland pants
Olive drab t shirt
Empire arm sleeve/ elbow pads
Condor knee pads
Under armor running shoes
V force grill
2 shemagh (neck/head)

When playing woodsball i am a intense front player i love to run up as far as possible and prone and wait for unsuspecting front players,
So i need to be mobile and accurate and have enough paint to get the job done, i need my front body to be cleared so i can prone with ease also i am very skinny so bulky vests tend to slip, also im looking for ways to improve my marker. Please help me

in that case, a lighter, more compact marker might make things easier for you. tippmanns are relatively heavy, and rather long which can make it more difficult to play tight to a bunker when you need to.

I have an azodin blitz for speedball nd a prophecy wirh a ninja 68 tank should i try using that in woodsball?

yes, of course. there is no such thing as a "woodsball" marker; use whatever works for you. it certainly wouldn't hurt to try that setup for a day and see how it goes. you could also try it with your remote line just to try that option out, although i personally wouldn't run it that way for long. the marker would likely be too front-heavy, which makes the barrel less responsive and harder to whip around quickly. also, the loss of a stock (tank being the stock) would affect your stability and aim.

#8 budda1224

budda1224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

I got a project salvo and just ordered a 18 in apex2 barrel my buddy said apex2 preforms great

#9 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Personally I live by the Apex 2.  They are amazing, its not the accuracy but the consistency that makes them what they are.  I would also recommend taking the tank off your back and putting it back on the gun.  Switching hands is infinity easier this way.  If you don't switch hands already, learn to.  It will make you that much more of a threat on both sides of the field instead of just one.  Then look into a 3 pod pack.  I don't think you'll need more than that in any one given game with an A-5, and holding more paint than your gun can shoot or than you plan to shoot is a waste of weight and comfort. 

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

Personally I live by the Apex 2.  They are amazing, its not the accuracy but the consistency that makes them what they are.  I would also recommend taking the tank off your back and putting it back on the gun.  Switching hands is infinity easier this way.  If you don't switch hands already, learn to.  It will make you that much more of a threat on both sides of the field instead of just one.  Then look into a 3 pod pack.  I don't think you'll need more than that in any one given game with an A-5, and holding more paint than your gun can shoot or than you plan to shoot is a waste of weight and comfort. 

The Apex doesnt make anything more consistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users