• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hey guys just got my gun set up and wanted to hear what you guys thought about it.

Empire Axe
Halo Too hopper with HK Army speed feed
68/4500 Crossfire Carbon tank Burnt orange w/ Ninja Pro reg.
Empire hexagon tank sleeve Blue

Future upgrades:
CP Classic 1 piece barrel
CP low rise feedneck
91C0FBA2-F39B-4801-B4F2-C2D76B14346C_zps

181C2A93-5EFA-4E83-9BF9-082948566FE2_zps

#2 bronybros

bronybros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

its fine

#3 18cablw

18cablw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

I like it.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

Solid setup, but don't get the CP parts. The feedneck is a waste of money, and you might as well just get a decent barrel kit if you're going to buy a new barrel.

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Yep, nice kit. Count me as another vote against the CP parts. Not that they're bad parts...but they won't do anything for performance.

#6 OFWGKTA666

OFWGKTA666

Felicia the goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hey how's the tank so far? I like that color but purple is where it's at

"I'm a F*cking unicorn. and F*ck anybody that say im not"
Heroes-para-ninos-Troll-face-F-ck-Yeah-3

#7 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I seen the video mike did about overbore and underbore and he was saying the CP classic 1 piece is a good barrel for the price. My stock barrel is .691 and he recommended a .689 so I was gonna get that and be done with it. Is there any more advantage to having a full barrel kit? I feel like I'll only be using 1 other size.

I only wanted to get the feedneck bc it sits lower and looks a lot better in my opinion. I didn't expect performance gains from it. Have you used it or seen it before Predator47 or OldDude? I just don't want to get it and it be poor material and break or something.

#8 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hey how's the tank so far? I like that color but purple is where it's at

I haven't got to use the tank yet I will Saturday though. Blue and orange is where it's at. Go Gators!!!

#9 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Awesome looking Axe :D

If you're set on getting a barrel, I would go for a .684 Lurker Eigenbarrel.  You can find them here: http://www.lurkerpb....duct-p/2peb.htm

Also, I have a Violent Series Low Pro Feedneck on my Axe so I could give you some info about it if you're still looking into feednecks.

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 12 June 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Maryland Paintballer

#10 gtarman8d

gtarman8d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Does it throw paint from one end of the field to the other? I approve!

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I seen the video mike did about overbore and underbore and he was saying the CP classic 1 piece is a good barrel for the price. My stock barrel is .691 and he recommended a .689 so I was gonna get that and be done with it. Is there any more advantage to having a full barrel kit? I feel like I'll only be using 1 other size.

I only wanted to get the feedneck bc it sits lower and looks a lot better in my opinion. I didn't expect performance gains from it. Have you used it or seen it before Predator47 or OldDude? I just don't want to get it and it be poor material and break or something.

It's not going to break or anything, it's a solid feedneck. It's just not going to sit any lower, it will do nothing besides look different. And that's not worth the 30 bucks or so, that money can be put towards a nice barrel kit if you want one. Same thing with the barrel. It's not going to do anything besides look different. If you want a different look, then awesome, but other than that you won't notice the difference.

The only real advantage of a barrel kit is keeping it and using it on multiple guns. I have a freak kit, and I use it on my pump to prevent rollouts, and on my other guns that I bought used and didn't come with a decent barrel on them. That and i can use an Apex if I want, and with two barrel backs, some fronts, and some inserts I can use the kit on every gun I will buy. You have to look at barrel kits as an investment, and even then it's arguable that they don't do much.

#12 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

omgitiszmd did the violent make your hopper sit any lower?

#13 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

@ predator
I see what your getting at now. A barrel kit sounds like a good idea now. So you like your freak kit pretty well??

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Go Gators!!!

Amen

Edited by Pvlacrosse14, 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM.

My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#15 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

If you've got it shooitng the way you want it, the next "upgrade" i'd do would be to remove that gauge on your ASA/Reg and get a standard plug. That's worse than macroline coming out of the side. What's the point of having a macroless marker if you've still got to deal with something coming out of the side of your ASA?

Posted Image

#16 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

If you've got it shooitng the way you want it, the next "upgrade" i'd do would be to remove that gauge on your ASA/Reg and get a standard plug. That's worse than macroline coming out of the side. What's the point of having a macroless marker if you've still got to deal with something coming out of the side of your ASA?

It doesn't really effect me any playing or shooting so I'll prob just leave it. If I do get the itch to take it off at some point though how would you know what inlet pressure is going thru the gun?

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

You won't. But once you get it set somewhere you like, it should stay, so you can just take it off and plug the hole. If you need the gauge, you can simply put it back on.

#18 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Personally before upgrading anything on your axe I put the money down for a better Hopper.

And the Stella barrel look great if you are interested

Q3vYePN.jpg
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#19 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

@predator47 I gotcha Idk I'll think about it.

Dang what length barrel is that Stella? And I been debating on getting the prophecy z2 on ans they have it for 99.00 in the digi Camo. I would just spray it flat black or something but honestly the halo hopper has kept up with my gun through one game I've played. It's just a little bulky but it came with the gun and I only paid 300 for it all including a ninja 35/3000 tank so I thought I would hang on to it for a while

#20 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

You could maybe tune it after you put a couple cases though it. I want to say there is a techpb video on tuning a empire axe if your interested in doing something like that.

#21 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

@ rec baller217
I have heard from a couple people with axes including the guy at my local paint shop that one you get this gun broke in(2-4 cases) that you can lower your input to 180 and up your velocity and the axe will shoot great! He said the efficiency is very good for a 500 dollar gun! Very minimal pressure drop between shots! All good things really. I just hope it's true for mine. The guy I bought it from said he only put half a case thru it and I haven't even put that in it. I'll be close after this weekend though hehe

#22 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

The Stella on the Geo 2.1 has the arrowhead 14" tip, and the Stella on the axe has the hammer 7 tip for about 15-16" worth of barrel. The tips are interchangeable, it's a 3 piece system
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#23 Harry

Harry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

One quick thing, your rain lid is on backwards.

And get a better hopper first. There is always a lot of respect for a fellow Pinokio shooter. 

LL8 couldn't come any faster.

#24 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

@harry
Yeah I know it's on upside down bc for some reason that was the only way it would snap on. I don't use it playing anyways just put it on for picture. Prob go with a prophecy before a pinokio. Too bulky for my taste.

#25 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Nice but it looks on the bulky side but still a awesome setup :)

#26 WiiMint

WiiMint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

SOLID setup. Next, I would agree with your plan of getting a CP 1-piece Classic Barrel. I have one in dust black, 14", 0.685, and I love mine to death.

Did you ever notice how Valken Graffiti smells like chocolate? Then, when you leave some in a pod on a hot day, they smell like melted chocolate!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users