16 replies to this topic

#1 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Dat G6R thread tho... JUST missed it, I'm disgruntled that I couldn't chime in (so this thread is on topic as I am venting... Vehemently, grrr I'm so mad)

Anyways, just like to chime in on that whole efficiency thing you got going there.

I have a G6R, I also got one of those nifty Ninja SL tanks while I was at OKDDay. A 77/45. It is the size of a 68/45 and is amaaaaazing. Anyways...

For the big game at DDay, I had 15 pods on my person.

That's ~2100 paintballs. Add 200 for my hopper and we have ~2300.

After extinguishing all my pods and hopper, as well as 2 other people's pods I managed to shoot ~2600 paintballs out of my G6R without needing to go get more air, in fact I had just a hair under 1k left in the tank.

The field fps limit was 290 and my G6R was shooting 280-290, even when I was surprise chrono'd midgame from a deadbox it was 282, 285, 286.

So you can say he is a liar all you want, that he splices his videos, etc, etc. But from ACTUAL first hand experience, I got damn near his numbers.

Oh and by the way.... I'm baaaaaaaack

Edited by AoSpades, 21 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

What the fuck did I do to deserve your return?

Also, I feel threatened by this, mods pls.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Suck it Jabroni

EDIT: Might I also point out that the paint we were using was Valken Graffiti that was bore matched to be ~.682-.684... So right around or below that 3g mark wookie had mentioned.

Edited by AoSpades, 21 June 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#4 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Alright!  We had previously gotten derailed from the main point in the last thread anyway:

"If a person that makes poor ethical choices, such as deception or outright lying, should the public dismiss or ignore his ethical behavior on the basis of the efficacy or desirability of his commercial products?"

Since Bob Long is generally a decent guy, I'm okay if we want to call this the Bill Gardiner or Jack Rice thread instead.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

The public can do whatever it damn well pleases. There are two reasons Bob Long doesn't give a shit and continues to make great guns:

1. Lying claims are unsubstantiated
  2. People keep buying his guns regardless.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

Paintball marketing is a *smuck* world anyways. Milsim makes you a better woodsballer regardless of internals, Buy a Vapor and get a free hopper, Preorder your Angel eyes now!!!.  Coming Soon, Coming Soon, Coming Soon. This is a superior bolt, You need the lightning ratchet for A5's however it doesn't break paint with the needed swishy paddles (just reversing the cyclone internals of soft ratchet and rigid paddles.)

Paintball works on hype now and sell.  By the time it catches up to a manufacturer the industry has moved on and new products are out and being hyped. Nobody cares that the PM8 was originally so inconsistent because the first bolts were incorrectly made or the hype3 shims were misstacked. SP knew the v1 Luxe bolt tip was breaking off. etc

Hype now, sell now, fix it next version because "we need the money now." In big business it's often cheaper to do warranty than to retool a manufacturer. Especially when the cost of shipping by the customer is high or the Company has to pay the 3rd party maker to retool.  Products have an average of 1-2 year life expectancy so forget fixing most problems.

#7 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

The public can do whatever it damn well pleases. There are two reasons Bob Long doesn't give a shit and continues to make great guns:

1. Lying claims are unsubstantiated
  2. People keep buying his guns regardless.

People can do what they please - that's not at issue.  Should they?  But I concede that really that was just a long response of saying this:

"If a person that makes poor ethical choices, such as deception or outright lying, should the public dismiss or ignore his ethical behavior on the basis of the efficacy or desirability of his commercial products?"

Yes.

And it's an argument I'd candidly disagree with.  The "everyone's doing it" argument is a better one than that one.

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

• Lying claims are unsubstantiated
  • People keep buying his guns regardless.

People can do what they please - that's not at issue.  Should they?  But I concede that really that was just a long response of saying this:

Yes.
And it's an argument I'd candidly disagree with.  The "everyone's doing it" argument is a better one than that one.

I think what Wookie is trying to say is that nobody calls manufacturers on their bullshit, and even when it happens people don't care and continue to buy their products. Manufacturers take this as a green light to continue doing as they please unchecked by anyone.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

I think what Wookie is trying to say is that nobody calls manufacturers on their bullshit, and even when it happens people don't care and continue to buy their products. Manufacturers take this as a green light to continue doing as they please unchecked by anyone.

Could not have said it better myself. Make your voice heard with your wallet, only way the companies are going to listen.

o8qo.jpg

#10 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Oh are we continuing this thread? Oh ok

Tcheekdye = bigx >Bob long>Asian prostitutes> everything else

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Could not have said it better myself. Make your voice heard with your wallet, only way the companies are going to listen.

In that case I think we're all on the same page then, but I would add that we should work to convince others to also vote with their wallets.  My perception is that convincing others not to buy "good value but ethically suspect" equipment is considered by many as a step too far to take.

#12 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Oh are we continuing this thread? Oh ok

Tcheekdye = bigx >Bob long>Asian prostitutes> everything else

Don't get this closed.  Warnings is as easy as locking a thread.

#13 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

:'(

#14 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

For my real input on the situation, I think Bob makes helluva good guns as long as you have a pressure tester. I love the looks of most of them and plan on getting one soon

Edited by tcheekdye, 24 June 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#15 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I've used the absolute hell out of my G6R and have finally run into my very first issue. An ASA seal oring near the pushpin shredded. No biggie, just need the part. Aside from that I have never had any issues with my G6R, I've only ever had to adjust the pressures once and it has been golden. I've checked the pressures regularly and they have never deviated. I typically run a 50/45 with it and I can get 6 pods and a hopper easily off of one hot fill.

For Oklahoma DDay I had an SL 77/45 as well as 15 pods and a hopper worth of paint and still had more than a few pods worth of air left after running through all that paint. The efficiency of the G6R is great and people who say otherwise clearly have not used one and are essentially just being a desk jockey hater, with no first, second or third hand experiences to even go off of.

Edited by AoSpades, 25 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#16 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Honestly I'm surprised jurzy hasn't gave his 2 cents.

#17 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

I love Timmies hate Marqs end of story. Bob makes a great gun regardless of his marketing. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users