5 replies to this topic

#1 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

I have been playing paintball since I was an 11 year-old kid playing in the backwoods of Solon, Ohio. I had a 98 custom then, I have a 98 custom platinum now; things have changed, but not that much. I still try to learn every game I play, and still enjoy hearing a good paintball story after a long day of games. I think that is a big part of why I still play after 15 years. I would like to hear some of your stories about playing out in the woods.

QUOTE (U83R 1337 @ Jun 18 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

#2 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

I like to tell my stories with video! 

This was such a fun game, the refs split us up old guys vs young gunz. They had over 100 players, vs our 50, no way a bunch of old men could win against those odds... right?...

#3 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

That was one of the best woodsball videos I have seen! I really like how you had the crosshair camera and slow-mo at certain points. What kind of camera did you use? Oh and I noticed you use a Apex, I use a flatline on my 98 Platinum just like I did back when I started with a 98. Do you keep it set on one setting?

I don't have a video but I have some pictures to go along with one my most recent paintball memories. This past winter my brother (The-Phantom) and I were given permission to play paintball in an old school. We had played the whole building a week earlier with friends, but since nobody could make it the second time we decided to play one more day before they demolished the old building. The gym was filled with file cabinets, tables, and other objects that made for perfect bunkers. We arranged the objects to make a serviceable hyberball field the week before with our friends so we decided that this part of the building would be best for one on one. We were dead even throughout the day, and the last game of the day truly symbolized just how even we were. We counted down, then ran to our first avalible bunker since it was very possible to get hit off the break. We both snapped out at the same time to shoot and fired off a paintball each simultaenously. I had a big yellow splat on the middle of my lens and initally thought I had lost, the shot felt good but I thought there was no way we both got head shots on eachother simultaneously. Then he I see him walking towards the middle with his marker raised as well and I saw that I had just hit the very right edge of his lens. While his shot was admittedly better, it is still a pretty awesome story!

1509097_10152150036195600_1240337648_n.j149317_10152150035800600_93092051_n.jpg

My WGP 2k Summer Edition with clear Chipley Pump Kit and my brother's open class Phantom, we both decided to play with our back up markers for a fun pump game. My JT Proflex goggles and his Avatar Vents both have seen better days.

Edited by The-Sniper, 16 July 2014 - 11:11 PM.

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

#4 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

I think that if you haven't played woodsball then your missing a big part of what paintball is...

#5 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

I think that if you haven't played woodsball then your missing a big part of what paintball is...

Lets not start that argument, please stick to posting stories/videos/pictures from playing.

Edited by The-Sniper, 18 July 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#6 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

Sorry, been gone from the forums for a while. 

I am using my custom MonsterSpin barrel system, which I came up with. It is a new style flatline with the shroud removed, and an apex 2 set at 4 clicks tape modded on the end. It shoots VERY flat out to over 125 feet away! 

For filming, I use a Contour Roam for my helmet cam mounted between my eyes over my left eye on my visor. And I use a custom made ZoomCam that I came up with that is a high end Sony camcorder which is set at 15X optical Zoom mounted on my barrel. This allows me to capture my kills even out to 300 feet away! It makes for some great "captures" on video of those long shots. So you can shoot your buddy, and then post video of you shooting him to relive it! haha! 

Glad you enjoyed my stuff, I have tons more on my channel. I don't sell any of my stuff... yet... I have been working out all the bugs over the years and it is almost ready for others to use. So I might start making small quantities to see if there is any interest in my gear. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users