• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PaInTbAlLeR_1999

PaInTbAlLeR_1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Okay, so I have bought all the equipment I need excluding a gun (marker). I just don't know where to begin to look the amount of options of markers out there are infinity. So I have a budget of $300, and I wanted to get some advice on what guns out there that are in my price range and are decent. $300 dollars is a deadline, no higher. Thanks everyone!  :) (I am NOT new to paint balling)

#2 TDHunter99

TDHunter99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I would recommend a used axe, but it all depends on what you want out of a gun. A smooth shot, ergonomics, reliability, nice trigger, I could go on. what do you want out of a gun?

Empire Axe - Ninja 77/45 - Valken Vmax2 - Empire E Flex 

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#3 PaInTbAlLeR_1999

PaInTbAlLeR_1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

I would recommend a used axe, but it all depends on what you want out of a gun. A smooth shot, ergonomics, reliability, nice trigger, I could go on. what do you want out of a gun?

In my price range I am probably looking for a nice trigger (double trigger if possible). Something with at least 15 bps, and something that can easily be broken down on the field. Thanks.

#4 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

You can pick up a used Empire Axe which is all of those things for around 325 dollars. If you want to stay below 300 then a used Etha is about 275 to 290.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Dont shoot 15BPS please. (Unless you play CXBL)

#6 PaInTbAlLeR_1999

PaInTbAlLeR_1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

Dont shoot 15BPS please. (Unless you play CXBL)

Why?

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Because possible firing rate restrictions. And the fact that you an bonus ball the wrong person and get your head kicked in
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#8 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

And since you're new to high rates of fire from walking the trigger and ramping (assuming you're coming from something such as a tippmann 98), you won't have the best trigger control.

You'll be lighting people up like its Christmas time

I know for myself, it took quite a few times out to the field to make sure I can keep goo trigger control consistently, and during all those learning days, I kept my gun at 10 bps semi
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#9 PaInTbAlLeR_1999

PaInTbAlLeR_1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the insight although that doesnt help me 

And since you're new to high rates of fire from walking the trigger and ramping (assuming you're coming from something such as a tippmann 98), you won't have the best trigger control.

You'll be lighting people up like its Christmas time

I know for myself, it took quite a few times out to the field to make sure I can keep goo trigger control consistently, and during all those learning days, I kept my gun at 10 bps semi

Thanks for the insight! Although that doesn't really give me any help with finding a new gun, I will now keep in mind that 10bps is enough.

#10 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

used axe, etek 3 LT, might be able to score an older DM 8 or so. 

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#11 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

imo if the trigger is a big deal for you axes have the nicest trigger in the price range. if you dont mind a magnetic trigger or really small guns gen 4 minis are solid guns.

pew pew pew

#12 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

You can find used a used drone dx for the money. That is by far the best gun in the price range IMO, if it is gti'd. It is more of a "traditional" marker than the axe, since the board is in the back, the regulator is in the front, etc. It shoots OUTSTANDING, and is highly overlooked. Ergonomics IMO are better than the axe, but the trigger is worse. Then again, I feel the axe trigger is one of the best stock triggers on the market period. Lastly, the drone comes with a much nicer barrel than the axe and much better overall packaging.

(Personally, I would discard the etek as a choice. It is extremely reliable and a great overall gun, but it is the absolute lousest and kickiest marker I have ever shot. If the shot does not matter to you, then the etek is a solid choice and you will just have to see whether you like the feel of the etek or drone more in your hands.)
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

I've seen used Droids, DM9s, Marqs, Shockers, and Quests all at $300 or under.  Of those, my favorite has been the Droid.  Drone DX is also a good choice! (and the Crossover is going for under $300, too.  I personally like it better than any of those markers because I like to use it as a mech, but many people will find it comparable or preferable to the Drone)

Edited by unfated33, 26 July 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#14 PaInTbAlLeR_1999

PaInTbAlLeR_1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

You can find used a used drone dx for the money. That is by far the best gun in the price range IMO, if it is gti'd. It is more of a "traditional" marker than the axe, since the board is in the back, the regulator is in the front, etc. It shoots OUTSTANDING, and is highly overlooked. Ergonomics IMO are better than the axe, but the trigger is worse. Then again, I feel the axe trigger is one of the best stock triggers on the market period. Lastly, the drone comes with a much nicer barrel than the axe and much better overall packaging.

(Personally, I would discard the etek as a choice. It is extremely reliable and a great overall gun, but it is the absolute lousest and kickiest marker I have ever shot. If the shot does not matter to you, then the etek is a solid choice and you will just have to see whether you like the feel of the etek or drone more in your hands.)

Wow! Thanks. This really helped me out. I am looking out for some drone dx's. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users