• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Me and my friends have been trying to get are friend into speedball for a while and we've seen play a couple times and he is having a hard time. For example when gets off the break he holds the gun and shoots it with one hand and he kinda cowers to the closest bunker and stays there for the whole game. Do you guys have any tips for me to help him, we kinda need him for our small team so we can go to our field tournaments.

Thanks for the feedback
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#2 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

To me, it sounds like he doesn't have the desire to win. Maybe because he is scared, or hasn't played the game long enough, or just isn't mature enough. When he starts to have fun playing paintball then he will explore the game instead of focusing on surviving. Sometimes it takes more play time. You could also get him interested reading about paintball and watching awesome epic paintball videos. That's what got me into paintball, everybody's different, the most important thing is to have fun. Show him how fun Paintball can be.

#3 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

He has been playing paintball for a year and when we got himcinto woodsball he did great but since our friend moved to texas he hasn'tbeen the same, but I have told him to watch speedball videos and start thinking about playing with us so we can do tournaments

#4 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

There is a lot more paint flying at you on a speedball field as opposed to a woodsball field. Perhaps the idea of getting popped by 10+ hits in quick succession does not appeal to him. And that should be his decision. If you really are determined, get him padded up...elbow pads, padded undershirt, padded jersey etc. At least take some of the sting out of the hits and see if it helps.

#5 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

There is a lot more paint flying at you on a speedball field as opposed to a woodsball field. Perhaps the idea of getting popped by 10+ hits in quick succession does not appeal to him. And that should be his decision. If you really are determined, get him padded up...elbow pads, padded undershirt, padded jersey etc. At least take some of the sting out of the hits and see if it helps.

He has a padded chest shirt of some sort but I will talk to him and see if it will help him or see what me and my friends can help him on

#6 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

If it's that bad, find a bunker his speed will allow him to get to, stay low, keep his eyes up field ( you can dodge paint), and focus on getting in there, not firing down field. Then at least you have a back player to give you some kind of cover.

#7 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Me and my friends thought that would be a good idea and when he gets better he can do his own thing

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yeah theres really no point in thinking about tournaments until he gets over the fear of being shot first. It just takes time and will. You need t replace the fear of pain with being shot with not wanting to get out for the sake of winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users