Which do you prefer?

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

Whichever marker feels better in my hands. 

#3 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Stacked tube is easier maintenance but inline is quieter.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

I prefer inline poppet because it's more comfortable for me to hold and shoot. Plus maintainence is a breeze. Also, they tend to shoot better.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Honestly, the stacked tube design is a little outdated.  Inline poppets and spool valves are quieter, tend to shoot better, and don't need to be lubed constantly because the bolt isn't exposed to air all the time.  With that being said, planet eclipse has perfected the stacked tube poppet with their ego line and they shoot just as well as any gun out there.

#6 Forrest99

Forrest99

got that rockin' summer bod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

Honestly, the stacked tube design is a little outdated.  Inline poppets and spool valves are quieter, tend to shoot better, and don't need to be lubed constantly because the bolt isn't exposed to air all the time.  With that being said, planet eclipse has perfected the stacked tube poppet with their ego line and they shoot just as well as any gun out there.

Any dm I've had has just ate lube up, and also you don't really need to lube bolts on stack tubes like intimidators

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#7 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Any dm I've had has just ate lube up, and also you don't really need to lube bolts on stack tubes like intimidators

Only the metal bolts.  Composite bolts swell and scratch up the breech when lubed.

#8 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Stacked. Cause LV1 and Impulse.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#9 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Having shot a BUNCH of both, I prefer stacked. Staked typically gets better efficiency and, from what I've seen/observed, are quieter and more consistent.

The nice thing about Inlines is that most pretty much pull out as a single unit for easy cleaning and maintenance as well as being "away from environmental hazards like dust, dirt and debris" which in all honesty has never impacted the performance of any of my stacked markers.

Edited by AoSpades, 03 August 2014 - 08:10 AM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

My Impulse, Creed, and other Impulse all have bolts exposed to the air, and do not need to be lubed, ever. That's because they're delrin. Also, the rammer doesn't use as much lube as a spool. So I'm not sure what you mean by stacked tubes needing more lube, because that is completely incorrect.

And I disagree with saying that Planet Eclipse has perfected the stacked tube poppet. Up until the LV1, they ran on pressures significantly higher than they needed to, and they were louder and rougher, and less efficient than stacked tube guns made by other manufacturers.

Also, as judged by the LV1 and balanced valve of the Impulse, there's still innovation to be had in the stacked tube platform, and their current iterations can perform absolutely on par with just about anything else, making it anything but outdated. Please educate yourself a bit before spreading information that is simply false.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 03 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#11 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Stacked tube. Because I like watching bolts move.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#12 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Stacked tube. I have big lineman hands and it feels great wrapping my thumb around the top tube.

Also, most newer spools have a different feel to them. It's like your hand is in the bolt almost. Stacked tubes seem to have a different stance. Just something noticed with how I hold each, not necessarily a fact.

Also, the efficiency is fantastic, and on semi I use the bolt moving back and forth to get a rhythm going
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users