• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 18cablw

18cablw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

So I have nothing to do and I want to go paintballing but all my friends are on holidays. I'm kind of nervous about going alone i'm not very good because I've only been speedballing about five times. I'm going to calgary rampage also i'm a younger player, 13, so i'm just wondering is it worth going alone? Also does open day on sunday at rampage mean drop in?

Edited by 18cablw, 01 August 2014 - 01:28 PM.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#2 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

as long as the field has enough folks to run some games, yeah, go alone!

you never know, you might make new friends too. me and  bryce met at a farmland game, and the rest ... is history ;)

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#3 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

The real question is do you want to play paintball this Sunday?
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#4 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

You should go, you never know who you'll meet there.

Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#5 tg_goose

tg_goose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Definitely go.  I started going alone last year and made a ton of new paintballing buddies that I shoot the shit with every weekend now.

#6 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

go for sure
rampage is a great place to meet other players, especially on open nights. i know the guys from 5150 and some of the players from pandemonium are always there on sunday nights and they're great guys to play with and they can give you a lot of helpful advice

#7 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:46 AM

unless regulars in that field are douches, there is nothing wrong to go play on your own, i have been going by my self for the most part of the 10 years i have been playing.

you can always meet new ppl..

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

I never have fear of going alone, because my friends are the regulars at the field. I went alone so many times that everyone there just sort of became my friend.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

I never have fear of going alone, because my friends are the regulars at the field. I went alone so many times that everyone there just sort of became my friend.

This is so true. I never went with friends and I have to admit I was nervous the first few times but you get used to going alone and if you just talk to other people at the field and make friends with the refs and stuff you will have a good time.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#10 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:10 AM

I normally dont go alone, But I bring a friend of mine. But If You do go alone, Go just find someone who looks pretty cool and laid back and play with them. Normally most of the pump guys are cool and would love to play with yah. Just dont worry about it and join a few games, you will forget about it when you start playing. In general 99.9% of paintballers are going to be really nice to you and help you out. Heck at my local field its all smiles, last weekend I was playing with this other random regular guy around my age and when I ran out of paint he gave me a free bag.

Its kinda funny because I remember last week A kids gun was down so I lent him my LV1... Not the best Idea in retrospect, But He had fun and I was already out anyways so...  You just have to be nice, I know not all fields are exactly like mine, but I doubt yours would be very far off. 

Edited by paintballer999, 06 August 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#11 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

I honestly felt nervous the first time I went alone.  I was used to having a bunch of my friends on my team.  But I was over thinking it, and it turned out I got to talking to the field regulars more and made new friends with them instead.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#12 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I made one of my best friends on a day I went to play alone. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#13 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

here is my story on my first time going alone. I didn't exactly go alone, I was with a friend but if he didn't come then I was willing to go alone. (he was the only friend out of the normal group of friends that was willing to go this weekend). anyways so we went out to one of our local fields and we parked right next to these bunch of pump players. After playing a few games we were both sitting down at our respective benches when they asked us if we wanted to play speed ball with them while they ran practice. so we said sure why not since all the other walk ones weren't rotating through the speed ball field. anyways about half way through the day I finally took a good look at their jerseys and it turned out to be LA Hitmen which is a pretty well known pump team. they were really friendly and willing to give us some tips as well as commend us for giving them good practice partners. Thats the first time I met the legend that is sonny lopez. this guy played on dynasty, naughty dogs as well as executive director at WGP.

So don't be afraid to go alone because you might end up meeting some awesome people like I did and others here in this thread.

Lulzjustacat.png

#14 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

lol, you were playing with some random pump guys and you just realized later they were the LA hit men?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users