• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ethanze

ethanze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

Hey everyone! So I am new to the speedball scene (played woodsball and scenario about 10 times and speedball about 2). I've just recently gotten my own setup (for the most part) and went out to a local field to play some speedball. Played a few rounds and was told that I was really fast, quick, and agile, but I couldn't last long before getting shot out.

I'm working with a:

2011 Azodin Blitz (stock)

Empire Halo Reloader B (w/rip drive)

Dye i4's

*no HPA tank of my own yet

I love playing snake; I'm 5'8 so pretty short, and play RB on my club football team in college so I'm pretty quick. I really like the intensity of speedball and want to be more competitive. What are some ways I can go about doing that? And please don't tell me to get a better gun. College student. Low budget. Thanks a lot! :)

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

Practice snapshooting, run and gunning and laning.
Communicate, communicate, COMMUNICATE!
Play tight, dont get tunnel vision, take moves when you are given the chance.
Dont get in gunfights when you dont need to, youll just die stupid.
If the other team has someone else in the snake focus on preventing their movement and killing them.

#3 King Snowman

King Snowman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

Im planning on joining a team too. Playdoh has pretty much said it all.

But another thing Ive been told you are going to have to work on is being able to shoot equally well with both hands.

Im still working on that part hahaha

And Communication is a major part if any team that competes. you want to make you and your team knows where everyone is at.

I also suggest going to your local field and watching everyone that plays and if you can jump on and get a few games in. 

and if a team is playing... Jackpot! Run Drills with them. Most are pretty cool and are willing to help and give pointers

Ive played once with my cuz and the D4 LA Hitmen team when I caught them at the field and they were down a few bodies. 

Edited by King Snowman, 08 August 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Also, communication ismt just screaming one position at your teammates. Have a conversation.

I say for example, "Ethanze, there's a Snake 2, snake corner and D-side tower!"

You would respond, "Playdoh, snake 2, snake corner, d-tower. Corner's on the wire!"

Also say the other players name, and repeat information back so they know you received it. Also relay it to the rest of the team. Knowing which way the opponents are looking is just as important as knowing where they are too.

#5 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

The other guys have covered pretty much everything, so all I can really think of right now is when you are running try to stay low, especially off the break. I like to put one elbow up in front of my mask so if a ball comes towards my head it hits my elbow pad and bounces, instead of hitting my mask and breaking.

Eclipse Geo2-Empire Helix-Megabrand 68/45-Empire Z2

IFyouAREunder18andYOUpayFORyourGEARputTHISinYOURsig

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

The other guys have covered pretty much everything, so all I can really think of right now is when you are running try to stay low, especially off the break. I like to put one elbow up in front of my mask so if a ball comes towards my head it hits my elbow pad and bounces, instead of hitting my mask and breaking.

Youre way better off either running gun up or at least always be looking down field. If you can see the paint theres no need to put your arm in front of your face in the hope it bounces (which tourney paint never will).

#7 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

My field uses 3 star, so that bounces even when you get hit all the way across the field, so bounces depend on paint quality. But yeah tournament paint  breaks all the time.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

If youre getting bounced that means youre getting shot still. So while you get to keep playing that means there's something to improve on there.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 14 October 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#9 desertballin

desertballin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

If youre getting bounced that means youre getting shot still. So while you get to keep playing that means there's something to improve on there.

It's better not to rely on bounces.  As Playdoh said you have to work on not getting hit.  And as he stated early tourny paint almosy never bounces.  

#10 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Obviously there is something to improve on, and I'm no expert like Playdoh, but I know my fair share of stuff. And yeah I realized he stated that tourney paint never bounces. But back to the topic of speedball tips, I like to print out layouts or create layouts of my local speedball field and make game plans. Stuff like paths to bunkers, breakout plans, and the lanes I have available to shoot.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:14 PM

Im by no means an expert, but it is a bad habit to get into.

Planning ahead of time is one of the best things you can do!  Ive seen some teams make some crazy upsets because they had a good gameplan, even though as individual players their opponents may have been better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users