• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smyi

smyi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

How do you get better at snap shooting and shooting with ur left hand because when I try to snapshoot it feels like I am doing it wrong and shooting from left is so hard.

Edited by smyi, 09 August 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

practice makes perfect. just keep practicing on shooting with your left hand. be it in the backyard or on the field, put yourself in situations where you have to shoot left handed. work on your standing accuracy first. then once you feel confident with that, start working on your lefty snap shooting form. get your gun and your body inline and practice snapping out, finding your target and then snapping back into your bunker. practice this until you can consistently find your target right after snapping out. now add shooting into the mix. snap out, find your target and take one or two shots at it. work on your snapping accuracy by keeping your arms and marker as stable as possible when you're snapping out.

also keep in mind that the more repetitions of each step you do, the greater your muscle memory will be. so you'll be able to apply these skills more consistently in games

#3 martix_agent

martix_agent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

It's going to feel wrong. Keep doing it over and over and over. Force yourself to play entire games with your off hand. Eventually you'll figure out how it works for you, and you'll get better at it.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

For me when I was learning, I just kept in the mentality of shooting out the left side=using left hand and right side=right hand. I dont agree with using JUST your left hand for a bunch of games, I preferred to learn how to use both in their intended uses (there are exceptions of course), so that I already have experience using them then.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Use both but favor your off hand. For me it got that I actually carry my gun lefty now. 

Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#6 WiiMint

WiiMint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Practice. Practice. Practice. At home, snapshoot with both hands in front of a mirror and adjust to get the smallest profile possible (elbows in , nothing sticking out too far). Also, you could watch TV and practice switching hands and shooting off-handed. You can start off-handed and shoot the people in the TV and switch hands and shoot the people, and over and over again.

Did you ever notice how Valken Graffiti smells like chocolate? Then, when you leave some in a pod on a hot day, they smell like melted chocolate!

#7 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

how do i snapshoot...poorly! haha!! practice makes perfect, i guess. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users