• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DatKidJack

DatKidJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

How does the Bob long g6r and the planet eclipse ego 11 match up with each other? All the way from the price (used) to reliability and smoothness.

#2 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Ok. Am I a bit biased? I guess, but I will try and be as unbiased as possible.

I have a g6r. I prefer it. It is quieter and smoother than an ego 11 I have ever seen. It is also lighter and macroless. The milling is incredible, especially if you get a private label milling such as the dragon. With an lp poppet and a good tuning, I would consider it more comparable to an lv1 than an ego 11 in terms of shot quality, even though the lv1 will still shoot better.

The ego however has reliability and ease of maintenance though, there's just no arguing that. You can throw it in the bottom of a lake and then take it out a year later and shoot it.

Both are backed by great companies, although there's no beating planet. Both will equal the same cost, since a g6r is cheaper, but you will have to buy a pressure tester and an lp tank if you don't have it already. And to top it off, the packaging is night and day better on the ego.

Reliability, cs, and packaging= ego 11
Shot quality, weight= g6r

Pick your poison
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#3 martix_agent

martix_agent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

G6R is going to shoot better, but requires a bit more love and care. So long as you're willing to buy some dow55 and a pressure tester, I'd say get the G6R.

#4 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Another thing to consider is PE's network of authorized dealers and service centers. For example, my local field, Boston Paintball, is an authorized center, so they can work on PE guns and they stock PE parts. With Bob Long, there is no network. You'll be dealing with BLAST for service you can't do yourself. Not hating on Bob...I shoot a timmy. Just trying to give you the full picture.

#5 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

There are bob long certified dealers/techs. Tim over at breakout action sports is an example. Now, not as many as pe, but there are still some
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

For softness on paint the Ego 11 wins in my experience. Pretty much everythig else has been covered.

#7 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

For softness on paint the Ego 11 wins in my experience. Pretty much everythig else has been covered.

A techt Kush bolt in a g6r makes it just as soft on paint.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#8 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Or a pillow bolt, which does come stock on private label and premium g6rs

#9 DatKidJack

DatKidJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Okay thanks guys I appreciate it

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

The Ego 11 operates differently and is designed to be as gentle during the loading process as possible. Not saying the G6R wasnt but in my experience Eclipse is definitely at the forefront in paint handling.

#11 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

The Ego 11 operates differently and is designed to be as gentle during the loading process as possible. Not saying the G6R wasnt but in my experience Eclipse is definitely at the forefront in paint handling.

It really depends on the bolt not the operation.  There is a video on how the planet eclipse cure bolt evolved overt the models and shows that the bolt head itself is where all of the anti chop technology is.  The g6r has better milling and no macroline as well as being better on air like all bob long guns.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

Macroless and milling is a personal preference thing. Can hardly consider those as "upgrades"
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#13 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

From someone who has had both. STOCK Ego 11 over a STOCK G6R any day. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

It really depends on the bolt not the operation.  There is a video on how the planet eclipse cure bolt evolved overt the models and shows that the bolt head itself is where all of the anti chop technology is.  The g6r has better milling and no macroline as well as being better on air like all bob long guns.

And the feedneck shape, bolt speed and air pulse...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users