• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

I recently bought a vforce profiler, the lens is anti fog, but not double pane thermal. Iknow that on the outside, as in any other kind of lens, i should only use water and microfiber or soft cloth, but, my question is how should i clean the inside of my profiler's lens? I mean, in case i get paint or dirt in it.. The same question for a regular thermal lens.

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

just run the lense under some room temp water and wipe it down with a microfiber
this method works for both sides of the lens 

#3 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

That is what i tought.. But the inside feels kinda sticky. Wouldntit ruin the anti fog coating? And.. How about the thin film on the inside of a thermal lens??

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

On the single-pane lens water is the only thing that will NOT damage it.

A slightly damp cloth is all you want to use on the inside of a dual-pane lens. Dont get any liquid on the thermal adhesive.

#5 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

If you ever get a dual pane lens never make the mistake I did...

I ran my HDR's for my Grillz that I had just bought that day (used), under water, thinking they would be alright but later found out that your not supposed to get water on them (at least not on the inside pane...Should have been common sense). I had tons of water spots in them even with using rice to take out the moisture. Luckily I had bought them from one of the pro Revo players and he knew how to fix them. He basically pulled the inner pane away on each side very carefully and wiped it out with a microfiber.

Edited by Justin B., 13 August 2014 - 11:20 AM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#6 WiiMint

WiiMint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I run my V-Force Profiler stock lenses under water and they've lasted me 2 years. 

Did you ever notice how Valken Graffiti smells like chocolate? Then, when you leave some in a pod on a hot day, they smell like melted chocolate!

#7 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

I run my V-Force Profiler stock lenses under water and they've lasted me 2 years. 

The Profiler lens are single pane if I'm not mistaken so running them under water is fine (as far as I know)

Maryland Paintballer

#8 SunBro0341

SunBro0341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I also have the profiler and I have always ran my lenses under water and they have always served me well.
Praise the Sun

#9 douglas7501

douglas7501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

I own the Profiler as well. I purchased it in April of this year. I play once a month and have followed the instructions in the manufactures instruction book to the "T". The instructions said to use luke warm water, a micro fiber cloth and NOT to rub the tacky inside portion of the lens but to blot or dab it dry. I live and play in North Florida where here in the summer the average temp is in the mid to high 90's and the humidity is a beast.

It never fails when out I get a ton of splatter or take a shot or ten to the face and end up having to get paint out of the inside of my mask and lens. last month I noticed that the tackiness of the lens had reduced and that it had started to fog at the top and edges. I played yesterday and there was not a single game that I was not reduced to zero visibility. I wear a bandanna Duck Dynasty style to wick sweat, I towel off constantly, and wait till the absolute last minute to mask up. I follow the breathing techniques to avoid respiration fogging and still I am at this point with this lens.

I am very disappointed with this outcome given the amount of money I spent to get a good quality mas and lens, and following the instructions as closely as I did. I play with guys using the Dye masks with lenses two and three years old not seeing this issue. About to go buy a replacement lens but still lost in a fail safe cleaning method myself!

#10 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

I live in cancun, mexico, the weather is just like florida's so, i guess despite my effort of propperky cleaning my lenses, they will fog up :(.
I was fortunate enough that the guy that sold me the mask (new) also threw in two replacement lenses..
Once those get ruined, i will try and get the thermal version of the profilers lenses

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users