• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

Im looking forward to upgrading my gun, and both markers in the title are my final choices, last weekend i had the chance to shoot for a few games a dm10 and even when using a rotor with a carbon fibre tank (68/45k) i found it sooo much heavier than my current setup (kaos + revi + steelie 48/3k tank) and i am worried that both the etha or the rail could be as heavy as the said DM.. Anyone knows how they stack up against the dm regarding to weigth

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

while im not sure about the weight of the rail maxxed, i can tell you that the etha weighs in at 2 pounds, 1 ounce and the DM 10 weighs in at 1 pound 9 ounces
so the etha is gonna be slightly heavier
but another reason why you might've found the DM setup to be a little bit heavier is because of the balance of the setup. the DM setup is obviously gonna balance differently in your hands than your kaos, and you're also used to the weight and balance of your current setup which could be why the DM felt heavier to you.

#3 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

There is no way a steelie feels lighter than a cf.  Balance is going to be more of a factor than overall weight.  A pinokio speed is the most balanced loader you can get.  If you want to reduce weight even more then go with a ninja superlite tank.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#4 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

There is no way a steelie feels lighter than a cf.  Balance is going to be more of a factor than overall weight.  A pinokio speed is the most balanced loader you can get.  If you want to reduce weight even more then go with a ninja superlite tank.

Even when i agree with you on the tank weight, the whole high end setup felt a lot heavier than my low en setup..

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

Rotors are heavier and perhaps it was an older, heavier CF tank. Electronic markers are pretty much all the same weight within a few ounces these days.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 August 2014 - 12:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users