• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 douglas7501

douglas7501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

When I purchased my Dangerous Power G5 nothing in my research said I needed to have a low/med pressure reg on my tank so I purchased an Empire Tank and went to town. 

After registering my marker DP sent me an email thanking me for my purchase and for registering it. Then at the end as like a PS or an oh btw there was a line that read, " Please note the G5 marker is operating under low pressure and the best input is between 450psi ~ 650psi, you may adjust your tank output for best performance of the marker"  So my question is what reg should I purchase to achieve these pressure levels going forward as I am way above them right now. The stock reg on the empire tank requires me to remove the bonnet and add shims. I'm looking for a much simpler method and something that will allow me to quickly switch back to a standard High pressure tank if needed. 

Thanks in advance!

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

The output of your tank reg won't affect the performance of the gun, as long as the pressure is low enough for the gun to handle. Any standard high pressure tank output is perfectly within the ranges of acceptable use, regardless of what DP says. In short, you're fine and spending money or changing regs won't change anything.

Also, adding shims to a regulator's spring stack would increase pressure output, not decrease it.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 17 August 2014 - 12:54 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Empire, Dangerous Power, Regulator, Tank, low pressure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users