ECS
ect...

#2 SpyderMan723

SpyderMan723

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:39 AM

I played my first game at canobie.. my dad started here back in the 80's.. I gotta go back sometime.. its been a while :(
I sling paint for Bob Long.

#3 Kiddo

Kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:07 PM

lol Big Games FTW! my first time ever playing paintball was with my best friend Jason about 6 years ago at one of Canobie Paintball's Big Games

#4 sniperwire

sniperwire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

i dont like the big games much. ive been to the spring and summer ones this yr. the summer one was so dumb we found the horn 5 mins into the game. normal playing days at canobie are good assuming the refs keep the games going quickly last time i was there it was 45 min in between games it was noontime and we was just starting our 3rd game.

#5 Unimoose

Unimoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:01 AM

My son and I used to go to the big games all the time. Of course you spend more time sitting around waiting for them to happen than actually playing in them. :( I guess if you don't mind disorganization, rampant cheating, horrific overshooting, and lazy refs they are a great time. <_<
Joe the One Antlered Moose

#6 bmx2much

bmx2much

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

I go here a lot during the summer, also will be there on sunday.

#7 sniperwire

sniperwire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

My son and I used to go to the big games all the time. Of course you spend more time sitting around waiting for them to happen than actually playing in them. :( I guess if you don't mind disorganization, rampant cheating, horrific overshooting, and lazy refs they are a great time. <_<

i know what you mean. you always get overshopt a lot at the big games. especially by people who know your out. you cant make it anymore obvious that you've been eliminated yet they light you up anyway. this happened a lot today at fall brawl.

#8 Tagline

Tagline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:31 AM

I dont agree with the overshooting at all but sometimes the blatant wiping is so bad that people think they are forced to overshoot just to make someone actually call their hit.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#9 JediMaster

JediMaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:54 AM

Never had a problem with disorganization at a canobie big game. I have been to about 10. Cheating will happen in games on that magnitude. You just can't have enough refs to see everything.

Overshooting is going to happen with like a 100 people shooting in your direction. Not to mention alot of people walk off the field with their hands to their side.

#10 Kiddo

Kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:21 AM

Never had a problem with disorganization at a canobie big game. I have been to about 10. Cheating will happen in games on that magnitude. You just can't have enough refs to see everything.

Overshooting is going to happen with like a 100 people shooting in your direction. Not to mention alot of people walk off the field with their hands to their side.

very well put.

you guys should try reffing a 500 VS 500 game in the woods. not too easy. and the fact that the reffs have to get there at 4:00 in the morning to start setting it up will wear you down. Reffing in the woods is harder to do then reffing a tournament (physcially that is).

And when you have 500 people running around in the woods on EITHER side AND you're responing, no wonder it gets disorganized

#11 Ktmouse

Ktmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

ECR and ECS? Hahaha wow...

Kiddo you are right on, reffing that many people is impossible. I reffed the last few and you never can catch everything. My suggestion is to overshoot, because that way they are more likely to get out. Of course, if you see little kid this might not be necessary, just try to use your head.

For anyone interested, the Boston Reapers (so far) are planning to continue their sponsorship in the 2009 season, so anyone looking for a practice can come to the Chronic field and we will be there. Bring your team or yourself, we'll fit you in somewhere.
Ignore my posts. Really.

#12 Kiddo

Kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

I remember when we got the cronic field from the Boston NPPL event.

Hey KTmouse, who are you? My name is Liam Becker and I grew up playing at canobie and I moved to Richmond VA a few years ago. I played with Bob Cat and Bat Man and those guys back in the day.

#13 Ktmouse

Ktmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hey KTmouse, who are you? My name is Liam Becker and I grew up playing at canobie and I moved to Richmond VA a few years ago. I played with Bob Cat and Bat Man and those guys back in the day.

Haha before they were both banned? Well if you are from their era you wouldn't know me. I spent 2008 shooting a PM6, short, play snake, everyone calls me Mouse... Played with the Reapers... I don't know when the last time you were up was but I remember playing with Bobcat and Batman... good times...

Edited by Ktmouse, 21 January 2009 - 03:54 PM.

Ignore my posts. Really.

#14 speedwoods39

speedwoods39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

ahh big games. the sound of people shooting 1000000000000000bps at a kid with a tippy. the sight of a first time player leaving with 25 welts on the back of his head. and of course, people searching franticly for there stolen gun( happened to me , it sucked)
:unsure: POS spyder sonix, you will be missed.
High School Ballers Club
New England Ballers Club
Guns:SR-SLG-Sp8
Hopper:Camo Rotor Tank:68 4500 crossfire
pro axis :wub:

#15 sniperwire

sniperwire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

why did u let ur gun go out of sight.

#16 Stanks

Stanks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

I love to go to big games. I make every attempt to go. I know more or less all of the refs there and most inside staff. I wouldn't call ECR and ECS OG teams thoguh bud. More like , geese, Fusion, Mass D, all those older teams. Canobie is fun but I'm always suprised when I watch practices and some of the kiddies down there.

#17 speedwoods39

speedwoods39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

well it wasn't that I left my gun out of sight , it wasn't being used. it was my loaner gu for my brother and it wasnt working right. the velosity aguster was stripped and stuck at320 fps. so the gun was in a gun bag( in peices I might ad) and someone swipped the bag. :unsure:
High School Ballers Club
New England Ballers Club
Guns:SR-SLG-Sp8
Hopper:Camo Rotor Tank:68 4500 crossfire
pro axis :wub:

#18 Ktmouse

Ktmouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

well it wasn't that I left my gun out of sight , it wasn't being used. it was my loaner gu for my brother and it wasnt working right. the velosity aguster was stripped and stuck at320 fps. so the gun was in a gun bag( in peices I might ad) and someone swipped the bag. :unsure:

Que someone asking why you let the bag out of your sight - shit happens, whatever. I definitely suggest everyone try to make it to this next big game!
Ignore my posts. Really.

#19 Kiddo

Kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Haha before they were both banned? Well if you are from their era you wouldn't know me. I spent 2008 shooting a PM6, short, play snake, everyone calls me Mouse... Played with the Reapers... I don't know when the last time you were up was but I remember playing with Bobcat and Batman... good times...

LOL they got banned?? For what? haha. I think I played against the reapers for like 1 game over the summer. I stopped by the field and Horelacker let me use his DM6 or 7 for maybe 2 games. Ya dude I think I must have been before your time. I was sponsored when we paid 25 bucks for a case of premium a week and no entry, back when Gnom was running Canobie :rolleyes: . lol good times. Anyway's I was shooting like a DM4 and my boys PM6 and picked up a random wrath I tended to use a lot cause the dye guns go down in the cold lol.

But anyways, are there any Canobie teams playing in PSP or the USPL this year? I saw a TON of familure faces down at Cup in Orlando this past year and I love seeing ballers from Canobie.

#20 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

wait batman got banned, like form canobie? oh nooozies. man i must have played with him in one of his last games at canobie then.

my first 10 times (aka my first 4 months) of playing were at canobie, then I hit of fox4 once, have to say canobie > fox4; better atmosphere, better maintained facility, you chono every time out at canobie instead of once for the whole day (such bullshit everyone shoots hot at fox4),a nd the hotdogs are better at canobie.

#21 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:45 AM

haha kurt, remember that little day of speedball maybe 2 summers ago? haha and bobcat just wanted to roll us with his team...back when we were shooting those ions like true ballas? I can truly say that we have come a long way.

Anyways, when/why were they banned? I remember playin some rec ball at canobie one sunday and i was runnin around with batman for the day.

Accuracy by volume

Dangerous power G3 brown/black
Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#22 Kiddo

Kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

ya i really want to know why they got banned

#23 Sharkey

Sharkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

what happens if you dont pre register for the spring fling game, (do they accept walk ons for the spring fling)
If your parents offered to buy you your dream setup, would you say no?

#24 rubiks24

rubiks24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

what happens if you dont pre register for the spring fling game, (do they accept walk ons for the spring fling)

Date: April 19th 2009

Note: Pre-Registration can be done by calling us at 603-893-1863
Admission $35

Pre-Buy Stinger* for as low as $30!

*other paint may be substituted for Stinger
Pre-Registration must be completed by April 12th

$35.00 Entrance Fee
FREE All Day Compressed Air and CO2
FREE Hot Dogs For Lunch
FREE Raffle ticket for Vision Shocker Grand Prize Raffles
Thousands Of Dollars in Raffles, Prizes and Giveaways!
No Reservations Needed!
Paint as low as $30.00 a case

So yeah no need to pre-register...actually most people don't pre-register....only reason is to save $5 on a case of paint; 30 now instead of 35 day of game.

Edited by rubiks24, 13 April 2009 - 09:26 AM.

#25 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

what paint is for sale for 30 at the event? heat? I'm already pre registered I was just wondering.

#26 rubiks24

rubiks24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

what paint is for sale for 30 at the event? heat? I'm already pre registered I was just wondering.

Um well it says stinger...but also says they reserve the right to substitute for other paint....haha AT least we know its not monsterballs....haha

#27 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

Um well it says stinger...but also says they reserve the right to substitute for other paint....haha AT least we know its not monsterballs....haha

you changed what you wrote, earlier it said something about paint available the day of the event for 30. I'll try to sweet talk my prebought cases into being evil... B)

#28 rubiks24

rubiks24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

you changed what you wrote, earlier it said something about paint available the day of the event for 30. I'll try to sweet talk my prebought cases into being evil... B)

NO I didnt....look at the edit time stamp "This post has been edited by rubiks24: Yesterday, 10:26 AM" ....which was an hour before your post.... " Yesterday, 11:15 AM" Silly leafy.... :P .... must be huffin too much paintball paint....hehe

Haha....only if only if.....30 bucks for cases of evil? Damn you must be some SWEET talker!!

#29 rubiks24

rubiks24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

btw what kind of paint are people bringing? I dont really care for stingers....never really liked them. Kinda want to pick up some better paint from local shops. I used to play in indiana and used mostly DXS gold paint...or even nightmare...worked wonders! Now iam back here in the NE, whats a "local" manufacture for good paint?

Then again...its a big game....maybe I will just bonus ball like no other...I am sure at least a few will break.

#30 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

PANS usually has nelson but I think he has marbs now for 45 a case. among other things.

#31 rubiks24

rubiks24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

PANS usually has nelson but I think he has marbs now for 45 a case. among other things.

PANS? Wheres that?

#32 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Plaistow Army Navy Store is on Rt 108 in on the newton plaistow line.

#33 rubiks24

rubiks24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

yep just called them up....they got marbs for $50 a case....or like 45 for bronze....looks like thats what iam shooting this weekend!

#34 Kiddo

Kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

So does anyone know why I can't register on the canobie forums?? I'm on my school computed, but if someone could make me an account and send me the password? that'd be awesome. ecpecially if the name is Liam804 or something of that nature. PM me

#35 etekballn2

etekballn2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

PLAYED THERE A COUPLE YEARS AGO,AWESOME TIME!!

#36 MikeT

MikeT

"Hay-Zeus" #14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

Played there for the first time last Sunday. Had a great time and there's even a pic of me on their site now lol (July 19th, last page, first pic).
PB Lightning Deluxe Pump
Combat Ego10 + Rotor
TiPX / Splatmaster
Boston Reapers
Boston Creapers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users