• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bluehavana

Bluehavana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Hey Mike, do you still have the KP to sell?

#2 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hey Mike, do you still have the KP to sell?

He did have Azodin markers on ebay for sale, but were later closed due to a problem with Kingman filing a report against the auction.

#3 justinb

justinb

"V703A"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

wait, how does kingman have the right to close an auction on a gun thats not theirs?

#4 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

wait, how does kingman have the right to close an auction on a gun thats not theirs?

Found the thread:
http://www.techpb.co... Auction Closed

Edited by MurphMan, 06 April 2009 - 10:56 PM.

#5 justinb

justinb

"V703A"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

" The error returned was:
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

:blink:

#6 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

" The error returned was:
Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken."

:blink:

hmm.. works for me.

#7 quackSH

quackSH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

Found the thread:

maybe it only works for u cause ur in the players club

#8 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

Found the thread:

Yep thats why. Basically it says : The auctions were ended due to "Trademark Violation"

Edited by MurphMan, 07 April 2009 - 12:27 AM.

#9 jigsaw77

jigsaw77

Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Found the thread:

Yep thats why. Basically it says : The auctions were ended due to "Trademark Violation"

wtf??? shouldnt they be going after azodin.. not mike??

#10 quackSH

quackSH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

Wow, a company makes something better than one of Kingman's piece of shit guns and Kingman trys to stop that company from selling their own product.

#11 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Yes, there is currently a cease and desist order place on the sell of all Azodin guns. So that would include any auction on Ebay for them. It has been filed based on a copyright infringement. Which one I am not sure.

Thank you for your continued support.

#12 Philly-PBalla

Philly-PBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

so basicly by whatever azodin gun you want while you can...they may soon be off the market

#13 pmiboyz

pmiboyz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

boycott kingman!!

#14 The Man In Black

The Man In Black

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

This would probably explain why I can't find any price info on the pump. Any clue as to when the lawsuit will be resolved?

"What should be usually isn't, and what is often doesn't make sense." me

PA PB 4 LIFE

Posted Image

#15 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,573 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

This would probably explain why I can't find any price info on the pump. Any clue as to when the lawsuit will be resolved?

these things take a long time. It's a pretty standard tactic for a big company to use their deeper pockets to hammer smaller competitors. Even if not all the suits will stick - the company being sued still has to respond - and that takes lawyers and money.

Usually if the big guys cases are thrown out the winner can collect legal fees back - but you have to have the cash to see the legal process through. My guess would be that Kingman is looking to put some pressure on Azodin and trying to get some sort of royalty out of them. It's often cheaper for the small guys to just pony up the cash for the licensing fees than to fight it out in court.

#16 one68caliber

one68caliber

PAINTBALL JUNKIE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

this is where i got mine from. Posted ImageAzodin Kaos Pump Paintball Marker - Black$149.99 Buy

Edited by one68caliber, 17 April 2009 - 01:09 PM.

07 shocker W/R.L. virtue board/ stiffi switch/ninja 68/4500
tippy 98 custom
autococker trilogy pump W/ ninja 13ci 3000
Azodin kaos pump W/ ninja 50/4500 W/apex freak barrel

#17 howudoin

howudoin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

fucking kingamn always does some agg shit
Put this in your sig if you've ever ran into a tree playing paintball.

Bob long protege

Posted Image

#18 that_ion_owner

that_ion_owner

I don't know you. I don't like you.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

boycott kingman!!

i've been doing that for years

Edited by that_ion_owner, 30 May 2009 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image

what about boxer breafs? Its like boxers but a little tighter so ur wang dont go bang bang in ur pants lol

#19 Oblivion

Oblivion

Waffles. Mhm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Fuck kingman, so bitchy

Posted Image

#20 what gear is best

what gear is best

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

the person who founed azodin used to work for spyder but quit to obliviously went on to make his own company and most likely didnt have the right to steal kingmans designs

almost 100% the same

azodin zenith spyder electra 09

Attached File  847_1_1_.jpg   27.33KB   107 downloads Attached File  ewe4_1597_detail_1_.jpg   45.55KB   102 downloads

#21 BabelFish

BabelFish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

the person who founed azodin used to work for spyder but quit to obliviously went on to make his own company and most likely didnt have the right to steal kingmans designs

almost 100% the same

Attached File  847_1_1_.jpg   27.33KB   107 downloads Attached File  ewe4_1597_detail_1_.jpg   45.55KB   102 downloads

The rumor I've heard from a local shop is that kingman was unable to fulfill the fabrication contract they had with the Chinese factory that makes these things. Azodin stepped in to fill the rest of the contract.

It apparently happens a ton when working with such factories.

#22 Lewthor

Lewthor

Pumpmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

You can't just waltz in and pick up someone else's production contract. Even if the Chinese let them do that the US patent office won't let them sell it, here anyway. The design still belongs to the originator.

If the guys who formed Azodin did infact used to work for Kingman. It is very likely they signed a hold harmless agreement with Kingman. Meaning any ideas they had for products while they worked there belong to Kingman. Especially if the design actually came FROM Kingman but was never used or just modified slightly that too belongs to Kingman.

If Azodin did truely do those things they deserve to be shut down. As much as I dislike Kingman, and I loath their products, they should win that lawsuit.
LEWTHOR

#23 Antonio Piro

Antonio Piro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

That does sound pretty fishy if they just bought off the rest of the product and renamed them from the chinese company but not unheard of. Chinese knockoffs of any item can be found in the US and the manufacturer would have put out this spyder gun one way or another. I'm not advocating for the guy from Azodin but go after the manufactuerer. Paintball products are being copied and sold in the US from the Squishy paddles for the X5, CP regs, Myth Regs, and guns and the companies are in a constant battle to maintain control of there patents and products. It is a multi billion dollar industry in China to copy and make knockoffs of US products so who is really to blame?

#24 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Old Thread, please look at the dates. The last post was June 2nd, over 2 months ago.

But I do agree with your point about Chinese Knock-Offs

Crossfire 68/4500 F/S/T | My Moderator Application
QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Aug 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Die, spam-thread! Die! Cut off the head and burn it, or it will rise from its grave on the next full moon!

#25 nealPB

nealPB

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

almost 100% the same

The rumor I've heard from a local shop is that kingman was unable to fulfill the fabrication contract they had with the Chinese factory that makes these things. Azodin stepped in to fill the rest of the contract.

It apparently happens a ton when working with such factories.

It's a RUMOR, not the truth as far as we know. Who cares anyways? I got my Kaos Pump, so I have nothing to worry about...
LNIB up'd PMR f/s
+6/-0
PbN supporters of TechPB club (deleted by mods in less than 6 minutes)

#26 Bang * Bang **

Bang * Bang **

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

As much as I dislike Kingman, and I loath their products, they should win that lawsuit.

I hear you man, but I still want Azodin to come out on top. Not a fan of kingman at all, as I'd never buy their products. Azodin, I'd buy that stuff.

Hope there's still Kaos Pump's around when I get some money together!

#27 pump-baller

pump-baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

almost 100% the same

almost 100% the same? only the look and bolt style, lets look at the regulator(not crazy threaded) asa(not crazy threads) its autococker(not crazy). so they just took a cheaper spyder style and beefd it up so it goes along with the rest of the world. ive shot a all of their markers but the zenith and own one of their guns. im not trying to attack you. just voicing an opinion.

#28 husky_boy

husky_boy

"sneaky sneaky super magic man"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:26 AM

almost 100% the same

almost 100% the same? only the look and bolt style, lets look at the regulator(not crazy threaded) asa(not crazy threads) its autococker(not crazy). so they just took a cheaper spyder style and beefd it up so it goes along with the rest of the world. ive shot a all of their markers but the zenith and own one of their guns. im not trying to attack you. just voicing an opinion.

necro post. lol

Posted Image

Husky Boy for Mod!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users