1222 replies to this topic

#51 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

yip dont, fly will be release in +-6-10 months, but major price difference, we looking at $500 for the new marker, angel wants to get their name out there once again, so guys, ready to play with majority markers?

I'll still wait for the Fly. The regular angels are a waste of money because you have to save then in a couple months you get the angel then you want to kill yourself cause the fly just came out... lol.

It happened with me and the A4. I got the A4 then the Fly came out and I thought I got screwed. It will never happen again.

#52 kyle19

kyle19

arch angel (angel owners club)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

so the regular one will only be 500$ thats crazy, that could be a good thing and a bad thing hopefully they still wont have really low resale value but it makes since to sell their guns for the resale price it should help more people buy angels
Posted Image

#53 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

so the regular one will only be 500$ thats crazy, that could be a good thing and a bad thing hopefully they still wont have really low resale value but it makes since to sell their guns for the resale price it should help more people buy angels

The reason Angel has low resale value is because they made so many markers then they lost more value when they stopped sponsoring so many teams...

#54 DumbDumb

DumbDumb

Proudly Sponsored by Dye Paintball And Blades And Triggers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

you misunderstanding me, they are place standard markers at a mid end markers now. fly as their high end, so theirs more of a differnce
Proudly Sponsored By:
Dye Paintball
Blades And Triggers

#55 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

ooooh ok now i get it that makes much more since, thats cool theres going to be more of a difference, is it still going to have lazer eyes, itll be cool if they do away with the macroline that would be badass but then of course if they do everyone will call it a luxe knockoff
Posted Image

#56 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

ooooh ok now i get it that makes much more since, thats cool theres going to be more of a difference, is it still going to have lazer eyes, itll be cool if they do away with the macroline that would be badass but then of course if they do everyone will call it a luxe knockoff
Posted Image

#57 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Posted Image

#58 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

The luxe is a knock off of itself.

I'm about 98.37614% sure the new Angels will still have laser eyes.

#59 Sweet V

Sweet V

US Navy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Here's my angel
Posted Image

but seriously im looking to pick one up, especialy after I was meant to get an 06 speed The Gat from some tool backed out of a deal way way late by just dissappearing

p.s. thats my girl btw

Edited by Sweet V, 04 May 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#60 whats_an_a5

whats_an_a5

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

nice it will be good for angel to get there hand in the mid end market.

Understand haters are gonna hate you regardless. Get that outta your head, where haters aren't hating on you. You got to be grateful, you need haters. What are you complaining about, what do you think a haters job is. To hate! So let them do there job!

-Katt Williams

Techpb muppet.
SLS,Victory, Lux, Vice, DM9 and others
326 AS USAFR C17 Loadmaster

#61 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

i hate that when people back out of deals especially when they have a badass gun but keep looking there are always good deals out there for angels
Posted Image

#62 Sweet V

Sweet V

US Navy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

yeah that dude was a huge tool, and thats my girl btw so people dont think im posting a pic of some random chick :D i just thought about that

#63 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

im sure when you say this is my angel people asume you mean girlfriend but im sure there are some weird people that think its some random chick
Posted Image

#64 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

Some Angel history and knowledge...

Lately I've had a lot of people PM'ing me about what Angel's are about, how they work, and some general history... So I'll just post it here...

I'm not sure how long you have been playing paintball but back in the A4 days, (2004-2005) before the Ego and when the new DM series started (dm4 and up) everyone liked Angels, they were very sought after guns.

Since then Angel slowly stopped sponsoring professional teams like Dynasty and others. Their popularity slowly decreased. They stopped sponsoring teams because they were making enough money because of their popularity. Which ended up biting them in the ass since everyone for whatever reason looks at what the pro teams use and start using that. SP slowly took over, Dye and Planet Eclipse started sponsoring more teams to make up where Angel left off.

Angel at that time had some customer service issues and were fixed when they changed their name to APS (angel paintball sports) from WDP. This is another reason why people started disliking Angels (because of their bad CS (customer service) reputation.

People think Angel's are hard to work on because they are different guns, still using their famous triple tube design. And people generally go by what they hear. Angel's are actually very easy to work on once you take the time to understand them (reading the manual and taking it apart and putting it back together). Most people don't take the time to do this, even with their own markers.

Angel's to this date still hold some of the most sophisticated technology and one of the most reliable markers on the market. On friday I had a DM fanatic come up to me and compliment Angel's which was a surprise to me. He said they are the most solid marker he has ever shot (he shoots a DM9) but he switched to dye for a spool valve marker, which is understandable by all means.

Unlike many markers Angel's have no "real problems". There isn't any consistent problems with them. All the ones I have encountered have worked to perfection.

I can prove this by Mike's reasoning for disliking Angel's. He only doesn't like them because he had a CS issue 7 years ago which is invalid for not liking Angel's. He will still tell you that they are one of the best markers on the market, period.

I'm probably one of the most open minded, unbiased persons you may ever meet. I like Angel because there is no valid reason to dislike them.Again, yes some break, like all markers but can easily be fixed. For instance I already fixed one members Angel for basically free (he paid shipping and for the replacement ram, but nearly nothing on labor).

Another thing that is common to Angel's is that you must run LP on them, or at least it's recommended, which is ironic because most markers recommend LP but marker owners don't consult their owners manual which is probably the main reason that guns that recommend LP have so many problems because the user is running HP.

I hope this cleared up some issues you may have heard. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the information, however i do have a few questions about the technology angel uses in their markers. I have done some reading as of late and do understand the fundamentals of an Angel marker, except i find it difficult to find solid information regarding a few factors of this technology such as durability, and its susceptibility to the elements and such.

Why do Angel's still use a triple tube design? I have to be quite honest... I'm not sure. I'm by far not a engineer but with the "look" of added weight, there is none. It might possibly be because that is the Angel design and that's the way they want to keep it. Most markers have bigger trigger frames to house the solenoid. On Angels the solenoid is housed at the top of the marker behind the bolt. Also, after taking Angel's apart many times I suppose they could fit the exhaust, LPR and ram into one tube, they just choose not to do it.

Current Angel's use a sophisticated board made in England. I have looked it up before but I forgot the name of the company now. I've never hand an issue with these boards nor seen anyone with issues.

The more technical information that you want to know it might be best to email Mr. Frazer Colley at frazer@angelpaintballsports.com. He is a very busy individual seeing as he is high authority at APS and he lives in England but he should be able to respond.

I've shot Angel's below freezing and in the hot Texas summer heat with no problems. Their boards have a plastic covering on them so paint nor water can damage them.

Angel's are simply poppet valve markers, LPR is in one tube, ram and exhaust in the other. The top tube is for the bolt, chamber, and solenoid. Angel likes to be different with everything they do which is probably the main reason they are keeping the triple tube design.

I can't say that Angel's are the best gun on the market. Nor can I say any gun is. They all have their up's and downs. Angel's biggest down is their resale value due to the lowered popularity and they were hurt when they used to make so many markers but these problems are slowly being fixed.

The last thing I'll say is another reason why I like Angel's is because every model is different.

LED, LCD, IR3, A4, A4 Fly, G7, G7 Fly, A1, A1 Fly were all much different as opposed to the Egos and DM's which for the most part remain the same marker with a little bit different stuff and more milling to cut down weight and size.

I didn't list the speeds because they were just milled down versions of the platforms before them.

Would you say that the A1 would be a good start if i can find one in working condition and relatively cheap?

Absolutely. Just do a good maintenance of it when you get it.

Edited by D.K., 08 May 2009 - 09:52 PM.

#65 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Wow D.K., that was pretty informative, you sure know Angels. I just bought an A1 and am excited to get my hands on it. The A1 will be my first high end marker and I'd like to think I made a good decision. The only downside I've found was as DK stated since Angel popularity declined as they pulled out of sponsering teams, stores started pulling them off their shelves, now finding stores that carry Angel's are few and far between. Even so that didn't stop me from purchasing one and I hope it lives up the hype.

#66 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

Wow D.K., that was pretty informative, you sure know Angels. I just bought an A1 and am excited to get my hands on it. The A1 will be my first high end marker and I'd like to think I made a good decision. The only downside I've found was as DK stated since Angel popularity declined as they pulled out of sponsering teams, stores started pulling them off their shelves, now finding stores that carry Angel's are few and far between. Even so that didn't stop me from purchasing one and I hope it lives up the hype.

Yeah... And I explained that in my post... It's ok... Angel's CS is amazing, anything you need just ask frazer colley at APS and he will work with you.

#67 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

Cool, will do if a problem arises.

#68 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

Or if you just need to ask any questions to hesitate to ask :)

#69 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

Thanks, I'm sure I will have questions when I get it, should be delivered at the end of the week.

#70 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

Thanks, I'm sure I will have questions when I get it, should be delivered at the end of the week.

dude slap up some pictures of your A1 i can make you a member
Posted Image

#71 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

dude slap up some pictures of your A1 i can make you a member

Will do, as soon as I get it.

#72 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,109 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

angels also feel heavily out of favor with the advent of eyes. the engineers at WDP have been quoted many times saying things like "eyes are just a fad" and such. they reasoned that eventually loaders would be able to keep up with even the fastest guns. they used mechanical anti-chop systems like COPS.

another issue was rollback due to the newest force feed loaders. it was well known that with the stock bolts (aftermarket bolts later fixed the rollback problem) you could only use a revvy. halos would break paint like mad due to second ball strike. this was of course due to the roto-breach design and the issue with bolt length having to be too short.

after about 2k2 and the whole intimidator craze angels died pretty fast after that.

my credentials -

2k1 LCD -

Posted Image

dont have pics of my new 99 LCD ... maybe later in the week.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#73 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

say hello to cockerpunk our newest member, giddy up
Posted Image

#74 DumbDumb

DumbDumb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:08 AM

O MY GOD! WE HAVE COCKERPUNK IN THE CLUB!!!!!

......this club is so going to fall apart now.;) joking, welcome and hope you bring insight to as many a topic as can be
Proudly Sponsored By:
Dye Paintball
Blades And Triggers

#75 Black_Mage

Black_Mage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

D.K. that was a really good informative text.
I started using angels because they had a low resale value a top of the line gun for only half the price (second hand) I couldnít believe it. And after used it I became a total addict.
And now a year later Iím using the new angel fly :)

Hopefully in august I will visit Frazer Colley for a Tech Course. Iíll try and get some information out of him about the new marker from APS ;)

#76 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:23 AM

He's not going to release it (or he may in person). I ask him about once a month and he is not budging...

#77 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

i hope they come out with a new angel that would be bad ass, they might be waiting until the time is right so they can explode back into the market and become the top company again
Posted Image

#78 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

i hope they come out with a new angel that would be bad ass, they might be waiting until the time is right so they can explode back into the market and become the top company again

Two words: World Cup

#79 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

thats what i was hopping but thats to far away i want to know now
Posted Image

#80 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Add me to the club boys. Just got it and I already have a question. Are both eyes suppose to light up or only one side?

Attached Files

#81 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Add me to the club boys. Just got it and I already have a question. Are both eyes suppose to light up or only one side?

Wootz!

Just one. The one on the lcd screen side (left) is the transmitter (lights up), the one on the right is the receiver, doesn't light up.

#82 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Wootz!

Just one. The one on the lcd screen side (left) is the transmitter (lights up), the one on the right is the receiver, doesn't light up.

Thanks.

Here i go with the questions........so my A1 has software 2.2 on it how do i get the newest version on it now?

Sorry, but this is my first high end marker and my first Angel to boot. the learning curve is steep so bear with me.

#83 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

the newest version is 2.7...i think you can get it off their website, you probuly have to send it in so they can flash it im not sure though. ask D.K. he will know for sure where you can get it flashed for the 2.7 software
Posted Image

#84 DumbDumb

DumbDumb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Ok dude, for plain a1, it's 2.6, if your in ausi or new Zealand it's 2.9 for you.
If you got fly or magno internals it's 2.7.

What I suggest is first playaround with the marker, shoot it in if you have to, understand the basic controls, after a while when you think you pretty clued up with the software, then update. You can update your a1 straight at home through the USB, you can use the link on aps website and it's got a pdf file so you
can run the software step by step. Try to do the upgrade in winxp. It's the safest. Register your markers serial as well if you don't
Have a gen 2 bolt, once you register, you can get one for free. If you have a standard a1, don't upgrade to 2.7 unless you have the magno internals, 2.7 is optimized for magno internals. If you still lost post another msg, il link up all the files and post a wall through for you.

Edited by DumbDumb, 08 May 2009 - 05:55 PM.

Proudly Sponsored By:
Dye Paintball
Blades And Triggers

#85 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

go to angelpaintballsports.com and then tech support menu and it has the file download for the software update
Posted Image

#86 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

Wootz!

Thanks.

Here i go with the questions........so my A1 has software 2.2 on it how do i get the newest version on it now?

Sorry, but this is my first high end marker and my first Angel to boot. the learning curve is steep so bear with me.

2.2 is the A1 software. 2.7 is fly software. You can flash your board using the file that's on the Angel Paintball Sports website under tech support, the software. You will have to download this file and follow the READ ME file STEP BY STEP.

Ok dude, for plain a1, it's 2.6, if your in ausi or new Zealand it's 2.9 for you.
If you got fly or magno internals it's 2.7.

What I suggest is first playaround with the marker, shoot it in if you have to, understand the basic controls, after a while when you think you pretty clued up with the software, then update. You can update your a1 straight at home through the USB, you can use the link on aps website and it's got a pdf file so you
can run the software step by step. Try to do the upgrade in winxp. It's the safest. Register your markers serial as well if you don't
Have a gen 2 bolt, once you register, you can get one for free. If you have a standard a1, don't upgrade to 2.7 unless you have the magno internals, 2.7 is optimized for magno internals. If you still lost post another msg, il link up all the files and post a wall through for you.

Agreed. Only update your software if you have magno internals. You can tell this by the ram being a maroon color and on the front of the marker, below the barrel you will see the word "magno" on the exhaust valve (allen head).

#87 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I did try to download the 2.6 software from the APS website, everything was going well until I got to page 6 of the install guide, when it prompts me to open the lastest software to flash. When I try to open the file it says-Windows cannot open this file.........To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from the list of programs on your computer.

I tried the automatic way and it yields nothing, so what do you guys think?

#88 Black_Mage

Black_Mage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I did try to download the 2.6 software from the APS website, everything was going well until I got to page 6 of the install guide, when it prompts me to open the lastest software to flash. When I try to open the file it says-Windows cannot open this file.........To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from the list of programs on your computer.

What windows version are you using?
i never flashed my board (never needed to) but it could be that the software only runs on XP and not Vista...

#89 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

What windows version are you using?
i never flashed my board (never needed to) but it could be that the software only runs on XP and not Vista...

Both, I have 2 laptops 1 has XP the other has vista, same problem.

#90 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

A. Towards the end of the instructions it will tell you to put the exe file and another file in one fold, by themselves (well... together but no other files in there). Make sure you follow that step. Do that, then close EVERY WINDOW YOU HAVE OPEN. Use the start menu to run the flash program.

Edit: I meant to say folder not fold but you got it...

Edited by D.K., 10 May 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#91 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the help. Finally got it to work, had to use the flash utility to open the 2.6 software.

Anyways got the marker flashed and 2.6 is on it now.

#92 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

2.7 download...

http://www.mediafire.../Angel v1.2.zip

#93 bear force

bear force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

would an angel be good for a rec baller it would be my first electro
TREE PAINTER
BALLERS WITHOUT GIRLFRIENDS CLUB
RESPECT CHEESE ITS

#94 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

yes it will be it will be a good start for you. its a high end gun at a mid-level gun price (re-sell) so you will be spending less money on one of the most advanced markers out. angels are extreamly reliable and take little care so if your not familiar with gun these will be a good start since you very rarily have to take anything apart. the board is extreamly easy to use its not difficult like some where you need to flip dip switches or guess light colors. angels hold up well in the elements as well, if you play a lot of woodsball, angels are sealed really well and no mud or crap will seep in.
Posted Image

#95 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

would an angel be good for a rec baller it would be my first electro

I can't see why it wouldn't, I plan on using mine that way.

#96 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

also, at work today, a kids ion broke (i know what a shocker) and i let him use my angel and he loved it and sayed hes getting rid of his ion and buying an angel, it was a proud moment for me
Posted Image

#97 bear force

bear force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

like how complicated are they because im smart but im always worried im gonna fuck shit up
TREE PAINTER
RESPECT CHEESE ITS

#98 kyle19

kyle19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

your not going to screw anything up the manuals are easy to follow if you have any issues. everything is straight foward nothing is complicated at all
Posted Image

#99 preemptive strike

preemptive strike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

I own an Ion, it was my first marker and in the 3 years i've owned it, it has never leaked or broken. I call it ol' reliable, i play with friends that have A-5, Mini, Rail that have more problems than my Ion. I don't know why people hate on Ions so much, granted they're a cheapo gun compared to an Angel and such. My Angel is so much better than my Ion but my Ion is still a decent marker IMO and I'm keeping it as my back up and switch it into my rec ball rotation.

#100 bear force

bear force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

how much are the mango internals if i buy a new a1 i have a lot of questions
TREE PAINTER
RESPECT CHEESE ITS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users