• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Apachea

Apachea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Well, i got a surplus of money and i was wondering what a good gun would be in that price range. I have 370 to spend, but i may want a new barrel for a gun, and a hopper. whats a good set up? i keep getting told, the g3 or slg. but i am seeing two slgs.. the basic and normal, whats the difference? or I heard about a pmr. I also have a viewloader revolution, but i dont think that will hold up to the speed of the guns.

any help please?

Thanks

(sorry if stuff is spelled wrong, im in a rush to go somewhere)

#2 chad

chad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

g3- 300
torque 440 loudmouth - 50
cp 1 piece - 30

so its 380. have to earn 10 dollars sorry.

#3 Reece Cook

Reece Cook

Southern Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Dude just go with G3. People are gunna tell you bullshit that the SLG's are better but their not. One has an Ultralite Frame.

Yea get what the chade said. Thats good. It make cost 12 dollars for shipping. So yeaa.. just go with what chad said
PM me if you live in Gonzales, Louisiana
XboxLive = I REECE COOK I
Lucas = Moderator
!

#4 jkooomar

jkooomar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

g3- 300
torque 440 loudmouth - 50
cp 1 piece - 30

so its 380. have to earn 10 dollars sorry.

The only place to get the torque that cheap is www.paintballgateway.com so you won't get confused

#5 Apachea

Apachea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

for the cp 1, thats just a custom products autocoker barrel? cuz I have a 12'' cp one for my trilogy. would that work?

(its a .689 bore, is that fine? I don't really know bore sizes but its worked fine for my trilogy)

Edited by Apachea, 18 April 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#6 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

go with the g3, even though the slg ul has a ul frame, the feedneck sucks, the asa sucks, the trigger sucks, the bolt sucks, its mostly plastic, its heavier, its bigger. and to make the slg as good as the g3, you would have to spend about ....$140. and the only thing on the g3 that would need replacing for tournaments is the board. which you can get for like $75 from ansgear.com.

g3 is better, as for the loader, try and save to get a rotor, i know its expensive but it is worth it, and you wouldnt need a new barrel unless your ganna overbore and get a .693.

g3 = $300
Rotor = $150 (torque if you must.)
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#7 pntballer34

pntballer34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

i would get the slg if ur in the 300 dollar range. if u want to save the extra money i would go with the pmr. Its 450 but worth the extra money. if u dont have the money like i said go with the slg. u could pry stick with the stock barrel too. i have the 08 pmr and it has the same barrel as the slg. i use evil paint and it is dead accurate.

#8 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

i would get the slg if ur in the 300 dollar range. if u want to save the extra money i would go with the pmr. Its 450 but worth the extra money. if u dont have the money like i said go with the slg. u could pry stick with the stock barrel too. i have the 08 pmr and it has the same barrel as the slg. i use evil paint and it is dead accurate.

you wouldnt save money by spending $150 more. and you also forgot the loader.
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#9 M01R

M01R

It's using the trees!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

Dude just go with G3. People are gunna tell you bullshit that the SLG's are better but their not. One has an Ultralite Frame.

Yea get what the chade said. Thats good. It make cost 12 dollars for shipping. So yeaa.. just go with what chad said

Would you please, stop saying G3s are better, when you haven't even bought yours yet.
Don't lead someone down the wrong path, just because you like the look of the gun or something along those lines.
Don't tell someone x is better than y when you clearly haven't even shot one yet.

I, myself would go with the SLG UL. I just LOVE the feeling of the UL frame. Your best bet would be to go to your local shop and ask to hold each one and see what feels better. They will both perform pretty much the same.

You gotta be careful. Don't just go in there with hopes you'll be done in a few seconds, take time, make designs, put your name in it. Whatever. It gets the job done, and you feel good after, knowing nobodycan steal your junk, because your name is engraved in your manhair.

Sickest Gearbag Sale on TechPB! Check it out!

#10 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

hahahaha M01R nice, also "get a chance to shoot both options before you buy either." one of the most important rules of buying a new gun. air consumption is also a factor when you play a certain position.
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#11 S37H

S37H

Im in yah intrawebz!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:57 AM

go with the g3, even though the slg ul has a ul frame, the feedneck sucks, the asa sucks, the trigger sucks, the bolt sucks, its mostly plastic, its heavier, its bigger. and to make the slg as good as the g3, you would have to spend about ....$140. and the only thing on the g3 that would need replacing for tournaments is the board. which you can get for like $75 from ansgear.com.

g3 is better, as for the loader, try and save to get a rotor, i know its expensive but it is worth it, and you wouldnt need a new barrel unless your ganna overbore and get a .693.

g3 = $300

QFT

The trigger is like a DM trigger.
The bolt hardly ever breaks paint. I havent broken a ball yet.
It's Aluminum and made of Ultra Light material.
It ways 1.4 something pounds.
And it has a sleek design.
Have a question? Shoot me a PM or click here
No money? Click here
-S37H

#12 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

g3 = $300

QFT

The trigger is like a DM trigger.
The bolt hardly ever breaks paint. I havent broken a ball yet.
It's Aluminum and made of Ultra Light material.
It ways 1.4 something pounds.
And it has a sleek design.

no way the slg weighs 1.4 lbs. theres no possible way.
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#13 Dr.war

Dr.war

the agg-king

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

go to mikes slg review and listen to what he says than watch the g3 review
set up= olive mini/invert too/ cf ss 68/45
PSN= i_pink_socked_u

#14 knookle

knookle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

Expensive but i recommend a g3,seventh element board with cp bearing trigger,and the pikokio. This would be a simple setup to deal with but again costly. Ans gear is my recommendation.

#15 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

I can't stand hearing about the G3, G3 SE, SLG, SLG UL. So I look for things that are different, idk but Lasoya ProMaster...

#16 knookle

knookle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

You cant stand hearing about good guns? I hear the promaster can have board issues. Not 100% because i've never actually see it happen myself.

#17 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

If you don't mind used. You can find Intimidators for like $300-$400, and they will smoke any SLG or mini.

Edit: GZ Timmy for $250

There ya go.

GZ > SLG > Mini.

Edited by Panda Man, 19 April 2009 - 11:11 AM.

#18 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

You cant stand hearing about good guns? I hear the promaster can have board issues. Not 100% because i've never actually see it happen myself.

No, I'm not tired of hearing about Egos, Dyes, Bob Longs :) I'm tired of hearing about the low cost moderately high-end markers. I personally would go with a Threshold over a G3, SLG, SLG UL any day! And same with the Fusions. Im not saying I don't like the guns, I'm saying I get tired of seeing 6 threads on the same page about the G3 or any of the SLGs... But IF I had to choose under 400$ it would DEFINITELY be a Threshold :D

#19 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

only pink thresholds available now man.
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#20 xxpatssoxfanxx

xxpatssoxfanxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Invert mini i guess is out of the question when in my opinion its better than the g3 and slg ul ,and deff lighter, smaller, and tighter, and the new ones don't have the problems the first ones did when they came out so you can't use that as an excuse not to buy one. has a great trigger, also no macroline, lastly its bolt out the back the feed neck works fine also. its a solid gun for the price its smaller and lighter and it works on both high pressure and low pressure so take the invert mini into consideration.

#21 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

i believe the g3 is lighter than the mini by a couple ounces and the g3 is lighter on paint due to less air usage, the g3 is also bolt out the back. only thing i recomend doing out of the box is replacing the fittings which is only a couple bucks.
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#22 xxpatssoxfanxx

xxpatssoxfanxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

umm mini's operating pressure is 160-200 psi and the g3's is 180-200
also thie mni weighs 1.99 lbs with 9v battery g3 weighs 1.86 without 9v you be the judge who wieghs more but i think a 9v battery weighs more than .13 of a pound.
lasty mini is bolt out the back as well

Edited by xxpatssoxfanxx, 19 April 2009 - 06:30 PM.

#23 S37H

S37H

Im in yah intrawebz!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

And the SLG's is 145
Have a question? Shoot me a PM or click here
No money? Click here
-S37H

#24 xxpatssoxfanxx

xxpatssoxfanxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

slg ul weighs 2pounds 2 oz

#25 bleong3292

bleong3292

I like Spoolies.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

umm mini's operating pressure is 160-200 psi and the g3's is 180-200
also thie mni weighs 1.99 lbs with 9v battery g3 weighs 1.86 without 9v you be the judge who wieghs more but i think a 9v battery weighs more than .13 of a pound.
lasty mini is bolt out the back as well

wow. fail. the g3 did have the battery in it when mike weighed it. go watch the review, he shot it and then weighed it. didnt take out the battery.

Mini - 1 Lbs. 13.6 ounces...
G3 - 1Lbs 10.6 ounces... with the battery. the g3 is lighter end of story.
09 SLG ul - 2 Lbs 2 ounces.

now tell me whats lighter?
Team Revolution.
Stormtrooper Droid.

#26 xxpatssoxfanxx

xxpatssoxfanxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

http://www.actionvil...om/010-394-0007
mini weighs in at 1.99 pounds