#1 RevPaco

RevPaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'm a total nub.
Thanks to TechPB for everything.
I own a Piranha GTI with an e-grip, I've owned the marker since Nov. of '07. It has leaked since day 1 from the asa slug (part #3 in the owners manual).

I have taken it to the shop I purchased it from and they have given me a larger o-ring to use on the asa slug. This also leaks. I have tried Mike's suggestion of blue loc-tite instead of teflon tape, this also leaks. I have tried teflon tape on the threads of the asa slug, and that didn't work. The only solution I have found to work is to put a layer of teflon tape UNDER the o-ring on the asa slug and this makes the asa slug seal work.

I use co2 'cause that's what came with the marker. I've often wondered if changing to CA would make a difference.
"BOB"AHU AKBAR!!!

#2 Nick VR

Nick VR

Pump It Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:36 PM

Welcome to the Sport.

Well by switching to CA ( HPA whatever you want to call it ) it would be a good think to do. Using CO2 is very bad for your marker. If you do not want to switch to CA because of the price at least get an Anti-Siphon system installed in to your CO2 tanks. Talk to you local pro shop about installing this.

EDIT: Also i have heard people saying CA ( HPA ) makes your marker more accurate never seen official test of this so not sure if this is true. I do know that CA ( HPA ) does make the FPS ( Feet per Second ) of you marker will be a lot more consistent.

Nick, Unofficial Piranha Tech.

PBN FEEDBACK

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users