• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pballa68

Pballa68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Well, my PMR has officially taken a dump on me. The solenoid is starting to stop working and now the micro switch isnt working. Only way i know of fixing the solenoid is getting a new one but that costs $95. Im pretty sure i could get a new micro switch.

But my question is would it be easier to just get a whole new marker then to fix my old pmr?

Edited by Pballa68, 21 April 2009 - 03:41 PM.

Posted Image
Rachel Farfsing Fan #1
Protege
"Im good like that. I get love with out a glove. Its called her mouth"- k_garretson23

#2 Bluedevil

Bluedevil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

how long have you had the PMR?

#3 Pballa68

Pballa68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

since the first PMR's came out so a while the warranty is long gone and since it was, i baked the body to make it a brighter gold color so that voided the warranty anyway
Posted Image
Rachel Farfsing Fan #1
Protege
"Im good like that. I get love with out a glove. Its called her mouth"- k_garretson23

#4 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

it depends, do you have enough money to buy a new gun? if you dont just buy a new noid, unless u dont like ur pmr.

#5 druid

druid

Yes, that's me in the Avatar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

depends on you - do you like it enough to revive it?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Posted Image

Ion Owner #12

#6 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

depends on you - do you like it enough to revive it?

Yep.

If it means that much to you well then fix it. If not. Scrap.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#7 Pballa68

Pballa68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

thanks you guys for the help ill probably get a new gun sooner or later
Posted Image
Rachel Farfsing Fan #1
Protege

#8 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Are you sure that it's actually the solenoid that stopped working? I think it's much more likely a problem with one of the connections. It's rare for a solenoid to randomly just "die".

#9 Pballa68

Pballa68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

no it hasnt compltely died yet but iv asked people on here and my local shop said it is starting to go.. the best i can explain it through text is that it will work fine for 100 shots then about 8 or 9 shots wont even come out of the barrel then it will shoot fine again for another 100 shots then keep doing it...
Posted Image
Rachel Farfsing Fan #1
Protege

#10 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

no it hasnt compltely died yet but iv asked people on here and my local shop said it is starting to go.. the best i can explain it through text is that it will work fine for 100 shots then about 8 or 9 shots wont even come out of the barrel then it will shoot fine again for another 100 shots then keep doing it...

Sounds like a loose connection. I highly doubt that the solenoid just "died". When it comes to electronic components, I wouldn't trust the average paintballer with changing a lightbulb. No offense to your local shop, but "your solenoids dead" sounds like a conveniently simple diagnoses; in other words a "nice" way of saying that you should buy a new gun.

I've bought so many "broken" guns that it's ridiculous. I must have bought at least 6 separate Ions by now. The cheapest one I've ever gotten was a yellow one with a "fried board". It took 30 seconds and a soldering iron before I then proceeded to resell it for it fully functioning for 2-3 times what I payed for it. The battery harness was loose.

If I had to take a guess, I'd have to say that I'm 80% sure that your solenoid is not damaged, or merely has a loose connection. I think it's much more likely to be a problem with a connector, or some other aspect of the board.

#11 druid

druid

Yes, that's me in the Avatar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:18 AM

I have to agree with Christopher - but would add that it sounds more like a recharge problem...either in the air system or board programming. Try resetting your board to original values and try it again. If it is still acting up, try installing the bottle, then unscrewing your tank 1/4 turn and then air it up.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Posted Image

Ion Owner #12

#12 Pballa68

Pballa68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:42 PM

iv tried all stock settings and the 1/4 turn out still does it

i looked at the wiring it doesnt appear to be damaged in any way but i honestly dont know what im looking for

but thanks for the help ill def get someone to look at the wiring before i sell it
Posted Image
Rachel Farfsing Fan #1
Protege

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users