• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tisuric

tisuric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hey everyone, well I recently purchased a G3 from a local shop and was excited to try it out on the field. But a fresh battery in, lubed it up all nice and walked up to the chrono. Turned the gun on AND....pssst pssst pssst. What the hell? :o Bolt stick? :huh: Tried doing a couple more shots and it started shooting after maybe 40 trigger pulls. Shot about half a case through it and the problem started happening again after I had taken a lunch break. Unscrewed the backcap and pulled the bolt out. Checked o-rings and such, everything was fine, but the bolt back in and it worked flawlessly for the rest of the day.

Cleaned it and lubed it perfectly when I got home and I let it sit for a day or so.
Pick it up the next day to dry fire it and it happens again. <_<

Took it back into the local shop and the tech looked over it for about a 1/2 hour. Noticed that something on the solenoid may be too loose or too tight. He now says he has to take it back to his supplier and get a tech to check it there and possibly replace the solenoid. Has anyone had this "bolt stick on steroids" problem before with there G3. If so, did you fix it and if so, HOW??? :angry:

When i run out of paintballs, I pull out my paintbrush and go in for a melee attack!

#2 Eisan

Eisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

Good Luck with that, i hear fixing that is like pouring molassas in january almost impossible

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#3 blackcelldrumr15

blackcelldrumr15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

Turn the dwell up?
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over 30k so it got G'ed by Kitty

#4 Colter

Colter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

It's more than likely that the #3 oring is the cause.
What happens is that oring DOESN"T seal good enough and let's the rear chamber air leak to the front of the bolt. When that happens the noid vents the front air so you get the "pssst" sound, but the rear chamber air pressurizes the front of the bolt so fast that it won't allow the bolt to cycle. If you watch an animation on the Threshold or G3 it cycles like a balanced valve. Front pressure vents, rear pressure presses bolt forward. Front pressurized and resets bolt.

Quick test to see if that's your problem is doing the Teflon Tape Mod.
Here

#5 Tunderwood

Tunderwood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

It's more than likely that the #3 oring is the cause.
What happens is that oring DOESN"T seal good enough and let's the rear chamber air leak to the front of the bolt. When that happens the noid vents the front air so you get the "pssst" sound, but the rear chamber air pressurizes the front of the bolt so fast that it won't allow the bolt to cycle. If you watch an animation on the Threshold or G3 it cycles like a balanced valve. Front pressure vents, rear pressure presses bolt forward. Front pressurized and resets bolt.

Quick test to see if that's your problem is doing the Teflon Tape Mod.
Here

Fix the leak, If it still sticks you prob have too much lube on the bolt. If it still doesn't fire more then likely you will need a new Reg seat.

#6 xDPxG3x

xDPxG3x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

the same thing happened to me and i brought it back to the local shop and the tech couldn't fix it and ended up just giving me a new one

#7 PBallerMike

PBallerMike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

if anything send it to dp they have amazing customer service and thye well gladly replace it and fix it contact them by calling explian your problem and you should be fine

#8 Eisan

Eisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

hes gotten the gun fixed, i ball with this guy! and hes picking it up tonight or tomorrow

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#9 Colter

Colter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:54 AM

It's not bolt stick!
I thought it was something like that or a problem with the noid, on my threshold.
I've learned a couple things since then. (last year)Trust me. Look at my previous post and try what I suggested if you experience this kind of a problem.
I'm not blowing smoke. If you realize how this system works you will realize that it's nearly impossible for bolt stick to seize your bolt. It can alter the velocity on your first or even second shot but that's about it.

#10 toxic city pb

toxic city pb

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

Wow i owuld be SOOOO disappointed if that had happened to me.
Flaming mod in signature is getting a bit old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users