• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 redace299

redace299

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:57 AM

Hey would anyone know if Vaseline would be ok to use as a lube on the HPR piston, just wondering because in my ego manual it recommends Vaseline on the HPR piston.

thanks

#2 Colter

Colter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:22 AM

If you have spare orings you could try it.
Personally I would just go get lube that is designed for the application, because I like my markers. lol
DP recommends Dow-55.

#3 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Never us vaseline on any thing paintball related, it will eat orings. Use dow 55 or dow 33 on the reg, try not to get any on the shims, some have said it doesn't work if you do.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#4 Colter

Colter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:41 PM

Never us vaseline on any thing paintball related, it will eat orings. Use dow 55 or dow 33 on the reg, try not to get any on the shims, some have said it doesn't work if you do.

I had heard the same thing. I know it'll eat some rubbers like latex, but orings are made of different materials depending on the application. While it might eat some, it may not others. That's why I didn't mention that. I think the operating temp range and viscosity of the vaseline would be of higher concern. I just don't think it would work well.

That's why I said if he has extra orings he could try it. About the only thing that he would have to make sure of is not to get it on the reg seat! The other orings would be easy to replace if it did eat the orings.

#5 Eisan

Eisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Vaseline is a big no no from my understanding its only good for chapped lips in my books :)

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#6 Yoda

Yoda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

I'd rather tell him not to do it, then have him try it and have an issue.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users