• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Sivvester

Sivvester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:35 AM

Do not drink these while you are playing during the day! I don't mean in game, but when you are done or dead, don't drink these things. They will make you crash later and it is not good for your system. I have seen people get sick off of these things.

#2 ~Sean~

~Sean~

Super Cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, usually if you drink an energy drink like AMP or monster, and then go outside during a hot day and have a lot of physical activity, you usually get sick afterwards.

#3 **Peachie**

**Peachie**

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

yeeeeeah in the long run the also increas your risk or heart attack

#4 Happy Face

Happy Face

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

Energy drinks give you a short burst of energy, then your done and your real tired all of the sudden. Thats why I dont drink energy drinks when I play

#5 Eisan

Eisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

yeah i know that when playing sports energy drinks are bad because when your running your heart is already pumping fast then the energy drink hits then it keeps going and could cause your heart to give up eventually

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#6 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

I actually swear that they help with my tournament skills...I go to bed at about 6 the night before to recover from jet lag, then wake up at 5. Run, then drink an energy drink (usually an 8oz can of rockstar) but not a full 16 ounce. Afterwards, I eat a high protein breakfast, and an hour later, mow faces...

I think it's my metabolism with the protien. but IDK, see what works best for you, for me it was trial and error
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#7 Berto

Berto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

They're not good for you
but personally, they do help me, but i RARELY drink them.

#8 paulpker121

paulpker121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

They probably aren't good for paintball, but I drink one can of an energy drink before a wrestling match for a hardcore 7-or so minutes of pure energy burning.

#9 staples

staples

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:08 PM

Most energy drinks will make your mind race and you will end up thinking too hard about something simple.
Then everything is ruined :o
74% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Put this in you sig if you feel the need to call for a paintcheck every time you get shot... even if all you can see is orange.

#10 ~Sean~

~Sean~

Super Cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, you get 5 minutes of energy, than pure crashing, I reccomend not drinking them.

#11 laburton

laburton

Full Time Helper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

lol i drink red bull alot..
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- If I Have Helped you At All During Your Stay at The TechPB Hotel Click Here
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE

#12 boosty

boosty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

lol i drink red bull alot..

Cool I guess
lol

#13 back_anchor

back_anchor

abstrakt paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:33 PM

dude i drink a monster in the middle of every practic and tournament and feel fine
i like own all you noobs like hardcore

#14 paintballermatt

paintballermatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

ive never drank energy drinks before paintball, once i did before i went to a skatepark and i dropped in ollied a 2 satir and went to throw up , now i only drink the sodaish ones (rock star monster maped vault)

real energy drink are like that 5 hour crap and redbull they have more gurana or whtever

GOSH THIS POD PACK MAKES MY HOPPER LOOK SO BIG

#15 sunshinekid91

sunshinekid91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

I usually drink a monster for breakfast right before a tourney... it helps so long as you keep the water and gatorade going for the rest of the day. But just for the average weekend rec play, you really don't need 'em.
The reason why people say that they're bad for you is because your body actually becomes immune to the overwhelming, highly concentrated ammounts of nutrients and energy supplements they have in them. Your body will slowly require more and more doses of the stuff (taurine, caffine, guanine,...) to acheive the same energy rush you once felt with one can. This actually hurts you in the long run because it runs your body down hill and makes you feel more fatigued than usual. Now, most of the ingredients found in energy drinks are not harmful in themselves (after all, your body does need nutriens like B and C vitamins in greater quantities than usual during phisical exertion...), but it is because of the rediculous quantity of these nutrients and supplements which are consumed in so short of a time that they can be harmful if over-abused. But I don't think a can every once in a while is that big of a deal as they do make you more concentrated, alert, and enrgetic on the field...especially when jet-lag is envolved.
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee...power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall in ever be. In Nommine Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sacti, AMEN.
ACADIANA PAINTBALL COMPLEX
Kid please, my System X NME LE will literally shit your gun...how do you think I got my reflex rail?

#16 paintball-is-me

paintball-is-me

CEP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

i dony energy drinks make me sick XD

#17 Big Red

Big Red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

i got really sick of energy drinks while playing
i had to stop but i played a few more rounds tell i got really sick :blink:

Y
oung Gunz Club,

#18 azpb18

azpb18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

I just drink a little bit of an energy drink. No more than half a can or 8 oz. It gives you enough energy but doesn't give you all of the sugar and other shit that ends up making you crash.

#19 sunshinekid91

sunshinekid91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

I just drink a little bit of an energy drink. No more than half a can or 8 oz. It gives you enough energy but doesn't give you all of the sugar and other shit that ends up making you crash.

That's a really good idea, you drink half the can before you start playing, and the other half towards the end of the day. Like this, you space out the energy boost which alows your body to burn the suplements without overloading the system to the point of crashing...
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee...power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall in ever be. In Nommine Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sacti, AMEN.
ACADIANA PAINTBALL COMPLEX
Kid please, my System X NME LE will literally shit your gun...how do you think I got my reflex rail?

#20 flipc1

flipc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:14 AM

i prefer a power bar and a lot of water.. energy drinks always make me crash and the power bar is healthier

#21 left handed

left handed

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

1 can of Rockstar (16oz).

Wake up
Stretch
Eat breakfast
Go to field
Gear up
Pop open Rockstar and take 1 or 2 SIPS
Play, and take Rockstar as needed throughout the day. ;)

For me, they help in my reaction time, I could react so much faster to paint coming at me and my snap shooting was a little bit faster. I really didn't feel a crash though.
Read. Now.
RussianLegionFan#8
The only thing you need to wipe...is your ass.
Parents Don't Pay Clan

Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

#22 noma-pb481

noma-pb481

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:38 PM

There are a lot of misconceptions about energy drinks (red bull, rockstar, monster, amp, etc) and to be honest they do affect a lot of people differently. Personally, I can drink 2 16oz rockstars and not feel a thing because those energy drinks just don't have much affect on me. But then again I have a friend who goes through the roof when he drinks a rockstar and crashes about an hour later. You just have to know how it affects you. Energy drinks CAN be bad for your heart, but at the age that most paintball players are competing at the risk of a heart attack is hardly anything to worry about. It increases your heart rate, so does running and any other form of exercise it's not really anything to worry about unless you have a heart condition or aren't in general good health. As far as drinking before games or tournys I treat them just like any other soft drink. Any carbonated beverage isn't going to sit well if you drink it right before you go exercise, but drinking an hour or so beforehand can give you a nice little boost which does sharpen senses and can improve your game. But like I said earlier, it affects everyone DIFFERENTLY and I would suggest finding out how much an energy drink messes with you before trying to compete with one in your system.
Paintball tank SMASH!!!

Bob Long Rapper ftw!

#23 flashmonkey92

flashmonkey92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

do not drink energy drinks!
i would always drink one in the morning and at about lunch time i would totally just crash.

try to get in OJ!

#24 Desire

Desire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

I can not drink energy drinks when I do an activity, it just makes me sick. Id only drink one once and a while..kinda like a treat! :P
Do YOU got the BALLS?

#25 Desire

Desire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

1 can of Rockstar (16oz).

Wake up
Stretch
Eat breakfast
Go to field
Gear up
Pop open Rockstar and take 1 or 2 SIPS
Play, and take Rockstar as needed throughout the day. ;)

For me, they help in my reaction time, I could react so much faster to paint coming at me and my snap shooting was a little bit faster. I really didn't feel a crash though.

Maybe ill try that and see if i get sick or not! THANKS FOR THE IDEA! :P
Do YOU got the BALLS?

#26 killerklowns

killerklowns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

They probably aren't good for paintball, but I drink one can of an energy drink before a wrestling match for a hardcore 7-or so minutes of pure energy burning.

Oh man, how do u drink one before wrestling, i get worried about cramps when i have a bottle of gaterade before my match, but i would like to try it one time just to see how i would cause i drink them quite a bit outside of sports

#27 hockeyfan269

hockeyfan269

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

Ya, they work. I would try that 5 hour energy drink though. I heard it really works and there really is no
crash afterwards. I'm going to try it the next time I go out myself.

#28 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

I drink monster like its water :lol:

Before school, after school, and for a late night snack... I feel no crash!!!

Just look at my avvy....

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#29 Tagline

Tagline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

If i'm in for a long game I'll have about 8oz of redline. That is good for about 12 hrs.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#30 Pimento

Pimento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:59 AM

I know after i stay up too late, then have to goto work at 5:30 AM i drink the 5 hour energy stuff and feel great.

Itsn ot like the "buzz" a monster gives you (shotgun a 700ml one lol, did it on a bet once and wow does it hit ya) but its more of a gradual wake up, and a gradual let down. When it wears off youre no more tired then you were before, 2 gets me throug ha 10 hour shift and then some.

#31 Waffles

Waffles

www.bikeforums.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

I always drink about 2 monsters (total) at every practice..
Proud to be a member of TechPB.
Member #5084

#32 easye

easye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

I like the new Rockstar Juiced drinks but I have maybe one a week thats it....and never when I am doing physical activity.

E

#33 Nics10

Nics10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

alot of these tips on excersise and what to eat and drink are great starters but think logically, everyones health is completely different, what might make you crash or make you sick might do the total opposite for others, this also goes for muscle and endurance training. One person might work out for 1 hour to 1 hour and a half a day and another person might work out for a half an hour to an hour a day and the person who works out less may be stronger or more fit. This is because we all have different health and health benefits.

#34 pbfreak45

pbfreak45

Ballaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

I absolutely hate energy drinks, none of them taste good and I always feel sick after drinking them, I just stick to the water and possibly a gatorade when I am playing.
Flex Owners Club

Free Paintball Gear

#35 OverkillMagnet

OverkillMagnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:19 AM

What do you guys think of Muscle Milk? Its not an energy drink but not a sports drink I guess its a supplement. Any one try this for paintball. I know football players and soccer players use this stuff but I think they use the collegiate one. Any thoughts?

#36 krispy022

krispy022

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

i hade no energy drinks not one not even if it was free for like 3 months than my mom bought 2 four packs im back of them for a few weeks :(

#37 vibee

vibee

Fuckin' Smart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

5 hr energy after you eat and as u get to the field and u willz be ballin. make sure u eat or u might passout!!!!

#38 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

I have found that its ok to have energy drinks when you are physically active, and when you dont drink them exclusively. Have something in your stomach and be well hydrated before consuming an energy drink.

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#39 minifanboy2010

minifanboy2010

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

I drink a 16 oz Monster Assault and mow faces and never crash.

That's in the morn before i play. Then i drink water the rest of the day. Say what you want about energy drinks, they prolly aren't good for you at all, but they work for me so whatev.
Invert Mini
Halo v35 w/rip
Invert 56/4500 tank
Nightstick Barrel
ASHER ROTH FAN CLUB

#40 Edgely

Edgely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:16 PM

i drank a rockstar energy drink yesterday and had no increase in energy and after a couple of hours i felt EXTREMELY SICK and my had really bad chest pain so i say drink at own risk i guess
Save a rock, throw an Ion.

#41 The Monkey Man

The Monkey Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

thats not good...

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 50k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature. Player's Club members are allowed to use 75k large pictures.

#42 adrenilanejunkie

adrenilanejunkie

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

I never drink them for paintball but i do when i am chilling with friends
Paintball: is my sport, is my passion, my life.
http://www.techpb.co...=0 Geo Owner

#43 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

IMO senergy drinks are bad for general performance, I have a very high metabolism, and they only help for about 5 mins of running then i hyperventilate and fail

the chest pain is you sub-conciously having a higher than normal heart rate for no reason (other than snergy drink) and milf hyoerventilating.

#44 pb4bean

pb4bean

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

i dont know y people drink these in the first place they all suck and are worse than soda for u. the only energy drink that i could ever stand was monster
What it do

#45 PaintballJACK

PaintballJACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

I KNOW ITS NOT GOOD BUT I FEEL PRETTY DAMN GOOD AFTER A MOUNTAIN DEW! LOL
Joining PBnation: (scammed) -$300

Getting review from pbreviews :ION "best gun ever..."-$170

Joining Techpb: Priceless!

#46 adrenilanejunkie

adrenilanejunkie

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

to me i love the way they taste i dont drink it for the perfomance but for the taste
Paintball: is my sport, is my passion, my life.
http://www.techpb.co...=0 Geo Owner

#47 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

Not all energy drinks are created equal.

I put them into 3 categories (by taste):

There are
1) Red bull and red bull tasting drinks
2) Actual original flavours made by the drink company
3) Ones that taste like pure shit and make you sick

I try to avoid 1 and 3 as much as I can, so I only drink AMP, and SoBe Adrenaline Rush.

All i ever hear is that:
"OMG! they R so BAADDD for U!!! OMFG!"

And I just say jokingly, I'm not dead yet

or

"they taste like shit, I don't know how you stand that stuff" (#3 and sometimes #1)
Obviously they've never had the good drinks that actually taste good

and of course:

"OMFG you'll be so dead / crashed out after that!"

And honestly I don't crash that hard(or at all sometimes), it's obviously dependent on YOU and the type of energy drink AND how you're feeling before you actually drink one.

And yeah they actually work for me, the good tasting ones atleast. I wouldn't go do any physical activity after drinking one though, it might just give you a heart attack :P

What I use energy drinks for is just to wake me up for class in the morning or in the middle of the day (I only drink one can a day like they tell you on the can)

It is a gamble though, cause sometimes I do crash and am super tired afterwards. But before you argue against energy drinks on that one, think about this.

I'm tired (couldn't sleep, had to wake up early, etc) and have to go to a really important lecture in university and can't fall asleep for it or else I'm fucked. I could:
1) Just go to class and get fucked cause I'll fall asleep
2) Drink some caffeinated drink and wake up for the class so I can pay attention during the class, and possibly crash AFTER the class is over.

There is a benefit if you drink them responsibly.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#48 ajn

ajn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

or you could just go live normally and not crash, or have energy spikes...
I am the real AJN. (Part of the first 50 to join TechPB Forums)
Posted Image

#49 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

You have to define "normal" for me then :)

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#50 adidas77577

adidas77577

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Energy drinks are just going to kill you in the long run they are not good for your heart. If you want to live longer don't drink them also if you can do everything without them you wont have pain after words and you will be more focused without them.
Save a rock, throw an Ion.
Put this in your signature if you would rather feed balls into your gun by hand instead of a vl quantum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users