73 replies to this topic

#51 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

I drink Red Bull about half way through the day of paintball sometimes, no negative effects I can think it has ever had on me.

I never get caffiene crash or jitters, just a little bit of energy. Only thing excessive caffeine does to me is make me have to piss like every 5 minutes.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#52 jccrew

jccrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:24 AM

Not all energy drinks are created equal.

I put them into 3 categories (by taste):

There are
1) Red bull and red bull tasting drinks
2) Actual original flavours made by the drink company
3) Ones that taste like pure shit and make you sick

I try to avoid 1 and 3 as much as I can, so I only drink AMP, and SoBe Adrenaline Rush.

All i ever hear is that:
"OMG! they R so BAADDD for U!!! OMFG!"

And I just say jokingly, I'm not dead yet

or

"they taste like shit, I don't know how you stand that stuff" (#3 and sometimes #1)
Obviously they've never had the good drinks that actually taste good
and of course:
"OMFG you'll be so dead / crashed out after that!"
And honestly I don't crash that hard(or at all sometimes), it's obviously dependent on YOU and the type of energy drink AND how you're feeling before you actually drink one.
And yeah they actually work for me, the good tasting ones atleast. I wouldn't go do any physical activity after drinking one though, it might just give you a heart attack :P
What I use energy drinks for is just to wake me up for class in the morning or in the middle of the day (I only drink one can a day like they tell you on the can)
It is a gamble though, cause sometimes I do crash and am super tired afterwards. But before you argue against energy drinks on that one, think about this.
I'm tired (couldn't sleep, had to wake up early, etc) and have to go to a really important lecture in university and can't fall asleep for it or else I'm fucked. I could:
1) Just go to class and get fucked cause I'll fall asleep
2) Drink some caffeinated drink and wake up for the class so I can pay attention during the class, and possibly crash AFTER the class is over.
There is a benefit if you drink them responsibly.

Dang, did you drink one before/during this post, cause you did some serious typing here :lol:

#53 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:02 AM

I did actually :D :D :D

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#54 Jbarbs17

Jbarbs17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

I used to drink lots of these thing before sports. Usually before a baseball game that is early in the morning or during mid day and then before my volleyball matches. I found it helped for a while during the warm ups but after about an hour and a half I would just crash. And that was not fun because when my coach saw us tired, they would make sure to work us harder at practice to build our endurance and stamina. But either way I am so much happier now that I stopped drinking these things all the time. My body just feels so much better with out all that sugar in it.
UW-Stout Mafia

#55 oerllikon

oerllikon

Sober people R jerks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have 5 hour energy sometimes. Its probably terrible for me, but it works pretty well. I have never noticed a crash.
Or, i just drink sundrop
My new signature is better than ever

#56 Livewire

Livewire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

maybe im super human or something, but i never "crash" or get an "adrenaline" rush from red bull, monster ext.

#57 phoneix-rising

phoneix-rising

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

i only drink coffee before a game becuse energy drinks even them 5 hour energy bs they make me so tired i just get in the car and crash so energy drings are a majour no no on the day of a game

#58 Ando

Ando

THE Craig.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

I do love a nice cold Monster ^_^

Anyway, I only drink them (only 8oz) in the morning, if I'm really tired, and this is rare. It wakes me up and I don't crash afterwards, as long as I have a good breakfast.

Also, I try to avoid caffeine in general because I don't want to become defendant on it. Mainly I like the taste of energy drinks, I wish they made them without caffeine.

#59 saturatedmind

saturatedmind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

First. Post. Evah! on with the post

I get really tired of people ragging on energy drinks. They're full of misconceptions.
1. People build up tolerances to caffeine.
2. They will not give you a heart attack. Unless you have a pre-existing heart condition and you love sucking down gallons of coffee, you will be fine
3. caffeine is a diuretic, which causes the kidneys to produce excess urine. HOWEVER, it does NOT act as a diuretic while the person exercises.
4. Caffeine is proven to increase muscular endurance, cognition, and mental capability. ex. tired people drive more accurately, cyclists go farther, more reps with a bell bar.
5. No energy drinks contain enough vitamins to kill you. Some can cause side effects in super high doses, but the most common ones in these drinks (B vitamins) are not considered dangerous at all. Either way, most of these are excreted in urine right away.
6. Many doctors say the ONLY real substance that has any impact on the "buzz" of energy drinks is caffeine. Sugar adds calories, which is the only substance that would give you true energy. The extra stuff, like taurine, do not. Also, when they do add a substance that has been proven to have effects, they often add so little it has zero effect ("angel dusting") (some
7. Sugar could be considered "bad" for you, because of how much is added. Most healthy adults handle sugar without problems.

This should all be true. There's always doctors refuting studies.

I enjoy energy drinks for the taste more so than performance. I do not usually feel a buzz or a crash, so I don't know what a crash would feel like. Relating to paintball and performance , energy drinks statistically should be beneficial to your game. So, go on and try one without worrying how to use a defibrillator.

#60 Shokk

Shokk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Personaly i don't do well on those energy drinks but i can say from various experiences definitely don't all of the sudden decide to drink these. Unless you have drank acouple of these before a workout before (paintball for example) dont drink one as a energy booster wihout knowing how it affects you. I don't really do well with them before a workout just because of the caffine and corbonation
"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction"

#61 Nics10

Nics10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

Man, i never knew so many doctors visited this sight..... (Sarcasm)

#62 Bruiser

Bruiser

Éçlip§é Fåmily

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

I always have a Bawls or something inbetween games. and i have never had any problemsbut that is true
ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit, put this in your sig!!!

#63 Crick

Crick

PSP Paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

Do not drink these while you are playing during the day! I don't mean in game, but when you are done or dead, don't drink these things. They will make you crash later and it is not good for your system. I have seen people get sick off of these things.

Do not drink energy drinks they are bad for you and your wallet
Posted Image

#64 Paco

Paco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

People think energy drinks are good for sports because of having the word "energy" and everything, but it's better just to stick with a sports drink or water.
if ur under 18 an pay for ur own gear put this in ur sigPosted Image

#65 reloaderb

reloaderb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

what about five hour energy. Ive never had it but do they really give you five hours of energy? since they have no sugar i think that they are telling the truth
My setup: Tadao'd marq, virtued vlocity, cp 68/45
Archie fan club #1

#66 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

what about five hour energy. Ive never had it but do they really give you five hours of energy? since they have no sugar i think that they are telling the truth

Based on what they have in them, and not on the person taking it. They do work, and they are healthy for you.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#67 Juan123

Juan123

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Dont ever drink arizona ice tea while playing p-ball. I leran the hard way, I drank like 4 of them throughout the day and hate a stomach ache and eventually diarrhea.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." -Thomas Jefferson

#68 x5x/Smitty/x5x

x5x/Smitty/x5x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

i fucking love monster man

i really dont understand the whole unhealthy bad for you thing

i drink them alot and i havent had anything go wrong

but i mean hey if you drink one and start puking i would stop too

but if you like them and they help i would keep drinking them
sig too big - edited by brycelarson

#69 squirrelboy2

squirrelboy2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

hay if anyone is haveing trouble quitting energy drinks, take this into consideration. The main ingredient in them is bull sperm (tourine)
personally, idc. I drink rockstars to support dynasty.

and then ne time i saw a member of dynasty at my field drinking a rockstar. It was the green kind. i hate those

Myth the taurine in energy drinks are created synthetically

awwww, i was having fun with that.

#70 vijil

vijil

Giant Paintball Robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:27 AM

I used to drink a lot of energy drinks so I could get assignments done. I'd also drink them to stay in the game during paintball, among other things.

Now I've been diagnosed with a heart condition and I can't have any caffeine, ever. It could kill me. It's likely that the caffeine in the energy drinks made it worse even if they didn't cause it. Of course if you have a mild heart condition the doctors may not be picking it up, so many people could be screwing their hearts over without realizing it.

Caffeine (and Taurine and Guarana which are basically just repackaged caffeine) forces your body and your heart to do more work than they are designed to. They don't actually give you any energy, they just make you think you have more energy. And that really isn't good if you're having a lot.

My advice: Sports drinks like powerade are way better. They actually give you real energy instead of just fake crap, and don't dehydrate you or get you addicted.
http://propaintball.com - writer
http://paintball.net.nz - kiwi
http://vijil.daportfolio.com - concept artist

Christian Ballers Club

#71 IPlayPaintball

IPlayPaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:34 AM

yeeeeeah in the long run the also increas your risk or heart attack

'They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me.
Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war I shall forge them.
They will be of iron will and steely muscle.
In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest gun shall they be armed.
They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them.
They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe will best them in battle.
They are my bulwark against the terror.
They are the defenders of Humanity.
They are my Space Marines...
...and they shall know no fear.

'Another day nearer the battle
So drink up, lads and look brave.
For another day nearer the battle
Is another day nearer the grave.'

http://www.youtube.com/user/PBintel

#72 adrenilanejunkie

adrenilanejunkie

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:57 PM

I love them i drink them after i play and doesnt affect me much
Paintball: is my sport, is my passion, my life.
http://www.techpb.co...=0 Geo Owner

#73 TechPbkicks-ass

TechPbkicks-ass

Awesome

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

the only real energy drinks are those 25ml 5 hour energys, no sugar and no crash, i used one at my last tourney and i fucking ran 2x the speed and i swear to god i could walk the trigger like there was no tomorrow, when the energy was burned i just felt like normal and didnt crash out like a log, i recommend those if you want to buy an energy drink, just dont buy monster, redbull, rockstar or any of that crap, its pure caffeine and sugar.

CanEHdian Baller
DONT USE PAINTBALLWIDWARS.COM -- ITS A SCAM!
TechPB
QUOTE (AoSpades @ May 6 2009, 11:25 PM) well I don't drown kittens, I punt babies.

"Paintballers who play pump are like those who hunt bears with spears, they put themselves at a mechanical disadvantage to make it more thrilling"

#74 Brunsy

Brunsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

yeah i had and energy drink once in the middle of some games. and i was dead tierd while playing
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users