• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Karnage

Karnage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

So heres a question for you guys. I see a lot of discussion between spool guns and poppets. Could someone explain to me what those are exactly, and what the difference between the two are? Thanks in advance.

#2 Berto

Berto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

thank TechPB
this will help

#3 Im4EverKing

Im4EverKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:04 PM

yea mike's got a vid. check it out
>> Anyone who's got a White Flex for sale hit me up <<

My image was over the 30k, im so naughty.

#4 Karnage

Karnage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Will do. Thanks guys

#5 akamrchubs

akamrchubs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Will do. Thanks guys

i like ur picture btw lawl!

#6 Eisan

Eisan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

Tech PB has the answer to almost EVERYTHING! thanks mike!

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#7 Troy

Troy

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

I might get flamed for this, but there isn't a huge amount of difference between the two. You pull the trigger and they shoot a paintball. If I were you, I would handle a couple markers in the shop, figure out what you like, then we'll help you figure out how to take care of it and show you how it operates
\m/

#8 c6969w

c6969w

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

I might get flamed for this, but there isn't a huge amount of difference between the two. You pull the trigger and they shoot a paintball. If I were you, I would handle a couple markers in the shop, figure out what you like, then we'll help you figure out how to take care of it and show you how it operates

there almost completely different, the feel, they way they look, there internals, and way they shoot. you really cant tell from jsut holding a gun if your going to like it, you have to shoot like a hopper throught it. honestly i sold my matrixs because i hated taking care of them because they were spoolys and had so many o-rings to lube. i love my ego because its so easy to clean.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My text was too big.

#9 Heywod

Heywod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

so sense its all the same why dont a spyder and a DM9 shoot the same. If you don't have a knowledgable awnser please dont post.
aim = HeywodJahblomeh
XBL = Heywod

#10 Berto

Berto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

yea seriously, not a HUGE difference, but still a pretty big dif Troy

#11 Sikdawg03

Sikdawg03

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

i like poppets. they look cool and they are easy to maintain.
AFFLICTION

#12 Troy

Troy

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

there almost completely different, the feel, they way they look, there internals, and way they shoot. you really cant tell from jsut holding a gun if your going to like it, you have to shoot like a hopper throught it. honestly i sold my matrixs because i hated taking care of them because they were spoolys and had so many o-rings to lube. i love my ego because its so easy to clean.

I'm willing to bet that you can find a million matrix owners willing to testify that their marker's upkeep is just as easy/easier than an ego. This isn't to say that one owner is right and one is wrong, but its different strokes for different folks. I'm not entirely sure you can REALLY know what a markers maintence is like unless you've owned one for a while. Regardless, I think newbs should spend less time worrying about the finer points of marker operation, and more time shooting people...

so sense its all the same why dont a spyder and a DM9 shoot the same. If you don't have a knowledgable awnser please dont post.

Don't be an idiot, you know what I mean. A cheap blowback is going to be a little different then a top of the line spoolie, but the difference in the marker isn't just the valve.

Now if you compare a DM9 to an Ego it might be a little more fair. A couple of guys have said that they FEEL different and they SHOOT different. I'm just telling him to find a marker that he likes the feel of and that he likes how it shoots. You don't need to know if a marker is a spoolie or a poppet to know if you like the FEEL of the marker or the way it SHOOTS.

There are too many people trying to over complicate crap on here for newbies, they don't need to know all the ins and outs of every marker they touch, but they do need to know how it FEELS and how it SHOOTS. Yes, there are maintenance differences and crap, but handle one hurdle at a time. Let the kid find something they like, then tell them how to keep it working.

yea seriously, not a HUGE difference, but still a pretty big dif Troy

Yes and no. There is a HUGE difference in the way they operate, what pressures they operate at, the way they sound maintenance etc. we all know that, but why over complicate crap for a newb? Let him find a marker that he likes the way it feels and he likes the way it shoots and then go from there.

Ultimately it comes down to the fact that when you pull a trigger, it fires a paintball. The amount of advantage a high end spoolie will make over a high end poppet is IMMATERIAL FOR A NEWB. If he picks up an ego eteck II and likes the way it feels, great, I'll tell him how it operates and how to maintain it, if he picks up a PMR, thats cool too I can tell him how to keep that running too.

I hate people trying to make gun selection sound like rocket science for newbs. Gun selection is easy: Put a gun in your hands, shoot it, did you like it? Repeat the process.
\m/

#13 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

this is a poppet

this is a spoolie

these gun work totally different as you can see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users