12 replies to this topic

#1 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

crap spelled abbs wrong in topic title my bad.

#2 Crazy Smurf

Crazy Smurf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

Do leg lifting excersises.
- crunches, which most people do really only isolate your upper abdominals. If you want to get your obliques and lower abdominal muscles. Then do leg lifting excersises. For example:

Bycycles: sitting on your but with your hands next to your hips, extend your legs and make the motion of peddling a bike for 25-30 seconds.

Then do some Scissor Kicks: lay on your back with your arms to your sides. Lift one leg about 5 inches off the ground and put the other straight into the air. The key here to make these work are to pull your toes back towards your body, like your stretching your calf muscles. Change leg positions every 2 seconds about 25 times.

Then do some Heel raises: Stay laying on your back, extend both feet and legs straight up into the air, again make sure you're feet are flexed like in the scissor kicks, then raise your butt into the air. Make sure you don't pull your legs back, just straight up. Do 25-30 of those.

Then you can go into simple leg raises, where you lay on your back with your arms next to your body and bring your feet about 4-5 inches off the ground and hold them there. try to hold for about 25-30 seconds.

Then repeat. Don't do those everyday, you don't work your arms or chest everyday so keep it to every other day. Give your body time to rest.

Edited by Crazy Smurf, 05 May 2009 - 10:32 AM.

#3 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thanks ive been doing leg lifts and this thing where i lay on my back and lift my legs to my chest and don't let my feet touch the ground 50 times but they were not working that good but ill make sure to try these.

#4 Crazy Smurf

Crazy Smurf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

The thing with abs is you want to make sure you keep your abs engaged thoughout the entire excersise. Another goodone i didn't mention. If you have access to a pull up bar then hang from the bar and pull your legs straight out in front of you, keep your knees slightly bent but slowly left them straight out in front of you and then slowly lower them back down, not letting your legs fall. You can usually do those as a finishing excersise as you can do those until failure. Simply do those until you can't anymore. Those will work all of your abdominals. And if you lift your legs to one side they will isolate on your obliques.

#5 niftyvt

niftyvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

If you want to have a 6 pack working your abs wont really do that much. Its ALL diet, you just have to peel back the layers of fat and they will magically appear.

So clean up your diet, and exercise regularly and your abs will slowly start to show themselves.

If you want a strong core I have a variation on Crazy Smurf's exercise that you should like. Crazy Smurf described the simple Hanging L-sit (I recommend holding the top position for 5-10 seconds before slowly lowering down). My personal favorite is the Hanging leg lift. Simply hang on a bar in a pull up position and lift your legs up and touch your toes to the bar while keeping your legs straight. You can do this from a dead hang, lift up and then lower back to a dead hang or if you really want a challenge start in the hanging L-sit and never let your legs go past horizontal.

This is also a great exercise

And so is this, he does a hanging leg lift right at the begining

Good luck!
Virginia Tech Hokie!
Avid baller whenever I get the chance, amature power lifter/gymnast. If you have any training questions just shoot me a PM!

#6 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Yeah I'm cleaning up my diet and I do have a pullup bar but its screwed into my door frame. I just have big arms and chest but i just need to get that last bit of fat off. See cause i used to be like 31% body fat when i was 12 (yeah thats really fat) and could only bench like 70 pounds. 2 years later im 16% body fat 5 inches taller and can bench 170 i just have have that lil bit of fat on my lower stomach and i can see it sliming down now after about two weeks of me cleaning my diet and doing the abb workouts i already know plus wrestling every Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.

#7 kfarns

kfarns

The Creed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

2 words for ya bro, cherry pickers.
sit down with you knees bent and ankles crossed raised about 3 inches off the floor. you should be balancing on your ass. then, with both hands, twist your torso to grab something heavy to one side of you (medicine ball, dumb-bell, cinder block, etc). what you then do is pick it up, twist your torso to the opposite side and tap it to the ground, repeat repeat repeat.
i would say do this every other day or so w/ gradually increasing weight. it works your love handles and lower abbs.

#8 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

Ok so I have a 4 pack but I can't get my lower abbs so does anybody know some good lower abb work outs that really work good.

Get a perfect pull up or whatever. With the hanging ab straps.

You can work out every set of abdominal muscles and never feel any pressure on your back.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#9 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

^^^ i have the perfect push up haha but yeah i have a pull up bar i can use

#10 egoshooter216

egoshooter216

NLRpaintball.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Ok so I have a 4 pack but I can't get my lower abbs so does anybody know some good lower abb work outs that really work good.

swimming will work the lower abs and legs
▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
▄██ █ █ █ ██ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

#11 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Im gonna start swimming in about 1 month when the lake is finally warm enough

#12 niftyvt

niftyvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

Yeah I'm cleaning up my diet and I do have a pullup bar but its screwed into my door frame. I just have big arms and chest but i just need to get that last bit of fat off. See cause i used to be like 31% body fat when i was 12 (yeah thats really fat) and could only bench like 70 pounds. 2 years later im 16% body fat 5 inches taller and can bench 170 i just have have that lil bit of fat on my lower stomach and i can see it sliming down now after about two weeks of me cleaning my diet and doing the abb workouts i already know plus wrestling every Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.

Nice job with the fat loss! It took me a year to get down to 9% and I think you should strive for the 9-10% mark. I am personally still not satisfied but I am the kind of person who always strives to better himself. I always set new goals once I rach my old ones no matter what. Once you get to where you want to be you have to keep it up and maintain that health diet or you will put the fat right back on (this is the hardest part IMO)!

Check out these nutrition articles.
Nutrition for Newbies, Part 1
Nutrition for Newbies, Part 2

Also, how do you go about calculating/measuring your BF percentage?
Virginia Tech Hokie!
Avid baller whenever I get the chance, amature power lifter/gymnast. If you have any training questions just shoot me a PM!

#13 TECH14

TECH14

the best of the best

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

I bought this scale that did it and also with wrestling we had to get it measured since our body fat can't be below 9.5% so i want to get to about 11%.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users