9 replies to this topic

#1 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

how are the fields lookin as of know cause of all the rain in the area mainly fort in parker. but are they real muddy or already dried up??

Today... I would say muddy. Doubt there are many people playing.

Gatsplat probably has a good amount of people tho.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#2 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

im thinkin about tom what u think?

#3 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

im thinkin about tom what u think?

Very muddy. :P

Today is isolated T-Storms. Tomorrow it's just T-Storms. :lol:

The whole metroplex right now is wet.

Edited by Texas Cheezburgr, 02 May 2009 - 05:56 PM.

This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#4 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

Yeah I agree with Josh but Gatsplat is amazing, hit them up!

www.gatsplat.com

#5 Militia

Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

There was a "Wanabe Muppet" there at Xdrenalin today, rained out about 3, then started pouring. The feild was really muddy though since theirs was mostly dirt and not much grass.
They banned a kid for firing out of the net at a tree in an open feild with noone in it, a off-duty ref saw him doing it, and went and told the manager w/o ever asking him to stop.
-1 for Xdrenalin , we're going somewere else next time. Mabey give it another chance but dudes were way to serious and they didn't play games enough. We had a ref tell us "2 more minutes" cause he wanted to finish his gatorade. Seriously, I didn't pay a feild fee to wait on you, you are OUR ref, we're not YOUR group, there were enough people to make a game and he was the designated speedball ref. only played like 6 or 8 games, at least I only paid the feild fee so my whole day was pretty cheap.
I guess the biggest lesson I learned today was that paint affects your accuracy a lot, I used some ANCIENT paint and my gun would jam about every 20 balls, so yeah i'm gonna use new pb's every time now. Also I need to work on being accurate when i snap shoot, I was so focused on being fast that I never hit anything.

Edited by Militia, 02 May 2009 - 11:15 PM.

Black Invert Mini with 14" All American Freak and SS inserts and Dye 45/45
Tippmann 98C w/ Cyclone, LPS, and APEX and Polished internals
I know how to setup and use a Flatline, if you don't, keep your mouth shut!
3 yr OK D-Day Veteran, 1st Lt. PL 101st Pathfinders
Mini-Militia Paintball Team is Coming Soon (3 man beginner tourneys)

#6 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

There was a "Wanabe Muppet" there at Xdrenalin today, rained out about 3, then started pouring. The feild was really muddy though since theirs was mostly dirt and not much grass.
They banned a kid for firing out of the net at a tree in an open feild with noone in it, a off-duty ref saw him doing it, and went and told the manager w/o ever asking him to stop.
-1 for Xdrenalin , we're going somewere else next time. Mabey give it another chance but dudes were way to serious and they didn't play games enough. We had a ref tell us "2 more minutes" cause he wanted to finish his gatorade. Seriously, I didn't pay a feild fee to wait on you, you are OUR ref, we're not YOUR group, there were enough people to make a game and he was the designated speedball ref. only played like 6 or 8 games, at least I only paid the feild fee so my whole day was pretty cheap.
I guess the biggest lesson I learned today was that paint affects your accuracy a lot, I used some ANCIENT paint and my gun would jam about every 20 balls, so yeah i'm gonna use new pb's every time now. Also I need to work on being accurate when i snap shoot, I was so focused on being fast that I never hit anything.

Now you know why I get marbs or midnight.

I'm not sure how it is at xdrenalin but at FOTR we usually give them about a 10 minute break before we head out unless it's about 1 pm then we give them about 20-30 minutes so that we (the refs) can eat.

You got to understand... If he delayed yall from playing for 2 minutes so he could drink something that's pretty reasonable. When we (the refs) come back from playing games we have to air up tanks, walk around and make sure noone is being a fuck tard, talk to people, etc. We have to drink and eat too. Also, we have to be there earlier than yall do which means that generally we don't eat breakfast and we have to leave after yall do. So if I have too delay the walk-ons for a couple of minutes so I can hydrate myself, you can bet your bottom dollar I am going too.

#7 Militia

Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

this ref had one feild to ref for. We played two games back to back, reloaded, and drank, and he still hadn't gotten ready. the average wait between games was 15-20 minutes because they were so slow (lazy in my opinion) from 11:00 - 2:30 we walked on that feild 4 seperate times. I underastand that refs need stuff too, it just felt like a really slow day, like sum1 didn't have their sht together. It wasn't like a walk on group were you have to round every1 up and take them to a different feild, it was about 3 tables of people right next to 1 speedball feild, and it was 1 ref.
and paint and air was right next to the feild, reaload times could have been very short, but it took a bit, but we were all right there, noone had to go get anything

If you were there you would have noticed it too, it just felt SLOW!

(50th post!! No more "Newbie" next to my name!!)

Edited by Militia, 03 May 2009 - 12:52 PM.

Black Invert Mini with 14" All American Freak and SS inserts and Dye 45/45
Tippmann 98C w/ Cyclone, LPS, and APEX and Polished internals
I know how to setup and use a Flatline, if you don't, keep your mouth shut!
3 yr OK D-Day Veteran, 1st Lt. PL 101st Pathfinders
Mini-Militia Paintball Team is Coming Soon (3 man beginner tourneys)

#8 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Oh ok...

Wootz, no longer a noob lol.

#9 The Notorious I.A.N

The Notorious I.A.N

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

One thing I noticed at Xdren is that there are a lot of new players there. Thats probably why they take their time so that the new players don't freak out about getting to the next game on time. I do have to say it is a bit of a wait especially since you have a bit of a walk to get to certain fields.
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

Ze jolly unt rotund Grammar Nazi.

#10 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

They were indeed, very lazy. I call BS when I see it, that "ref" just sat there and watched him unlaod on the tree. Instead of doing what a good ref would do and stop him after a few shots, he pulled out the Lazy Boy, kicked back and watched him. Then proceeded to tell another ref that he shot into a bathroom.

I had my own personal issues that day that didn't really have to do with Xdrenaline, but that idiocy fueled the fire for me not having a great day there.

...I miss Hit n' Run

Edited by AoSpades, 05 May 2009 - 09:55 AM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users