162 replies to this topic

#1 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

In lieu of the most recent shootings our politicians are going on a batshit insane witchhunt to find scapegoats. Now they have Paintball in their sights and are openly announcing and discussing to outrule Paintball as a "simulation of killing" and "paramilitary skirmish". I don't know where this is heading, but the community is alarmed. I have written several eMails to politicians and a lot of us are doing the same. If this gets through, I demand asylum in the US. Who can give me a bed?

Fuck. I am upset.

Press coverage links, translated by google:
Focus
Spiegel
Tagesschau

All of these sites are considered serious sources of information. The last link is from a state-controlled channel.

rogersig.png
"stfu dont jinx me ima cut you bitch" - CrazyLittle
"250+lb. men don't 'come out of nowhere'." - PrometheanFlame
"Feel free to think of me as a female anytime you want." - Rawrsome
"Ignoring a few choice posts. *rolleyes* " - Miss_Hell

#2 Stev02112

Stev02112

My name is Stev, not Steve.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

Shit, thats crazy. i dont know how my mom would feel, but for the price of your karni, i could find you a place to stay.

but in all seriousness, i hope this doesnt get passed, and i hope you dont get arrested.
Posted Image

#3 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

:( Time to fly to Japan :)

#4 Krozair

Krozair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:43 AM

time to emigrate :( :(

#5 zack

zack

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

Yeah I heard about this. :( What do you think this is going to do to Millennium? Isn't there supposed to be an event in Germany soon? What are they going to do about that? Personally I think that this is going to bring down the reputation of paintball. Hopefully this doesn't start a trend of banning paintball in Europe. That could completely destroy Millennium.
Posted Image
Teams:
All Fired Up (U.S)
Budapest Blast (Hungary)

#6 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Dude that blows :( This is just one more example of politicians overreacting to something they know absolutely nothing about.

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#7 Dr. Isotope

Dr. Isotope

Rangers... mount up.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

Is paintball at 177fps even paintball? You'd have to engage from wiffle-bat ranges. And by that I mean the distance from which you could strike someone with a wiffle bat. So... close.
"A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains." --Maxim Gorky

#8 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

214 in Germany! ;)

rogersig.png

#9 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

Is paintball at 177fps even paintball? You'd have to engage from wiffle-bat ranges. And by that I mean the distance from which you could strike someone with a wiffle bat. So... close.

On reason I said that is because two places I want to go is Germany and Japan.

#10 Freakshow

Freakshow

Proudly Sponsored by ANSgear.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

You welcome here, but you get to pay for the paint. :tup:
Professional Clown and Circus Performer.

#11 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

Let me guess? Canada? I'm only guessing because I've been hearing that cases of paint are over $120...

#12 Freakshow

Freakshow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Let me guess? Canada? I'm only guessing because I've been hearing that cases of paint are over $120...

Actually no, ha. Cali, S.D. But i figured its not much to ask for :rolleyes:

#13 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

Oh that's right, freakshow, lol I should've known that (opening the store and such).

Again sorry to hear that Ced, are other countries neighboring Germany thinking of doing the same thing?

#14 Freakshow

Freakshow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Oh that's right, freakshow, lol I should've known that (opening the store and such).

Again sorry to hear that Ced, are other countries neighboring Germany thinking of doing the same thing?

Yeah its a damn shame!

Ha, You probably should have. :huh:

#15 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:59 AM

Nope, it's just BS Germany.

We are getting organized and put up resistance. Those parties promoting this can forget to get votes from us.

rogersig.png

#16 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

Dude that friggin sucks! You're always welcome in Minnesota. Everyone here is German any way ;)

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#17 Dumb_Luck_Paintball

Dumb_Luck_Paintball

Budget Techie Extraordinaire!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

Best of luck with your petitions Ced. If this bill passes I guess you can crash on my couch.
We already have 3 paintballers in one house, what's one more, lol

Glen "Twizzler" Whisler, Dumb Luck #27
Posted Image
Modders Guild
Dumb Luck's Youtube Channel

#18 _ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

_ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

Gonna clarify this, in Northern Ontario to buy a case of XO V1 balls, basically a good recball paint/entry level tourny paint you will pay $65 in store for it to carry it out. Most of the fields (if not all) are FPO, the local place charges $140 a case to play on their field, if you buy a yearly membership for $200 it drops to $70 per case. If you do down to Toronto I can get those same V1 balls for $45 but I don't know how much they charge at fields there so yeah.

#19 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,814 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Gonna clarify this, in Northern Ontario to buy a case of XO V1 balls, basically a good recball paint/entry level tourny paint you will pay $65 in store for it to carry it out. Most of the fields (if not all) are FPO, the local place charges $140 a case to play on their field, if you buy a yearly membership for $200 it drops to $70 per case. If you do down to Toronto I can get those same V1 balls for $45 but I don't know how much they charge at fields there so yeah.

We would also have to factor in the point where if he does indeed move here (Canada, or the States for that matter) That the Euro is still alot more powerful then either of your countries dollars.

Edited by HeroForADay, 07 May 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#20 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

unreal

#21 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Ced, I've got a washing machine in the garage that you could dwell in, if you want.

In all seriousness, though, we're all pulling for you, man. Personally, Germany seems like an exceptionally rational place, so I don't think anything will come of this. Like you said, it's just knee-jerk reactions. Politicians do that shit NON-STOP in this country, and nothing much ever comes of it.

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#22 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

I give you permission to live in Canada.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#23 Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

What a waste of time and taxpayer money...

Yeah, lets BAN something that is the safest sport out there that is bringing in revenue at a time of economic collapse.

#24 Critz522

Critz522

RU Rah Rah!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

are you serious, 177fps, i can throw a paintball faster than that(maybe not :( , but you get the idea)
BST feedback
A Proud Rutgers scarlet knight!

#25 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

214 fps. :P

rogersig.png

#26 pbjunky126

pbjunky126

guy stuck in the MW-go vicious!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

wow that sucks

#27 justis

justis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Just got back from 4 hours of paintball training to hear about this on the news... Good to know my 4 hours of running my ass off and snap shooting was actually to prepare me for mass killing and live combat :dodgy:

Typical German Gov. bullshit... I always had a feeling paintball had a shelf life here in Germany, it was already so controlled the tipping point was just always 1 law away.

I fear this could be the end of paintball in Germany or at least the beginning of the end, considering SPD and CDU both want to ban paintball, I dont see how it will survive the vote to allow to to remain legal.
"Live by the Square of Virtue" L=||

#28 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:11 AM

SPD (Socialst-Democrats) / CDU (Christian Democrats) = 65% of the gouvernment, and the coalition currently running the country, our two largest parties, each holding about 30% of the votes.
We could hope for the FDP (Our liberals, which are pretty much the party of those who earn more than 120k a year) to block those decisions, as they might only be a small party, but they can do that - a blocking minority. The only problem is, that the FDP and the CDU are butt buddies.

rogersig.png

#29 Krozair

Krozair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

I am also hearing that Netherlands is considering similar laws. If this snowballs you could see paintball banned in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Holland. And if Holland bans it I am sure Belgium is just matter of time. If Belgium bans it then I see France following...

If current economic trends were not bad enough for paintball industry, I see loosing the German market along with other Euro countries a major blow to the wallet of allot of paintball manufactures.

#30 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Our lawyers are stepping in the ring.

BAUMANN & BAUMANN
Lawyers
- Semper talis -

To:
Federal Government
Dorothee Straße 84
10117 Berlin

URGENT - PROCESS IMMEDIATELY

Scheduled paintball ban

Madam Chancellor, ladies and gentlemen, ministers, ministers,
we indicate that our Association Forum Pro Paintball Sports, represented by Manfred Ulrich, Stephan Wild Mann, Thomas Heitmann, Lars Herzig, Stefan Maiwald, Christoph Hoffmann, Holger Ronecker, Ulrich and Christian Staehr Kammerer, with the exercise of its legal interests in the form the transmission of this open letter has instructed. The Forum represents the interests of all in Germany engaged in Paintball Sports and registered paintball playing fields, the EU Association EPBF players, the dealers association and the German Federal paintball leagues. Given the messages in theMedia about the proposed ban on the paintball sport, the Forum pointed out that the Paintball Sports no 'simulated acts of murder "includes, not a war game, and in no way to violent causes, or even encourages.

First, it must be stressed that the members of the forum in the last 20 years numerous unsuccessful attempts, so as immoral and Paintball violence promoting Game to discriminate against experienced. All elevant legislative initiatives are in the past - in breach of the paintball sport allegations could always be attempts populist public opinion will be unmasked. In "Super election year 2009" and after the terrible events of Winnenden (the Running amok has demonstrably never played paintball) politicians seem to fast Votes to be made.

We point out that the (then) Federal Government from the perspective of the Forum in 1997 on this issue has finally spoken. She saw no need for the introduction of a ban on provision. She looked much more interestingly, the possibility a permit condition (see Bundestag Printed 13/8904 - down there on page 7:
"[...] But ranges depending on the circumstances of the particular case of the permit requirement [...]").

Some administrative courts, which in recent times with the admissibility of the paintball game deals have come to the conclusion that this game is not killing simulation included and it is not against basic legal values fails. Thus, the Verwaltungsgericht Dresden in its ruling of 31 January 2007 (Ref: 14 K 2087/03) from: "Based on this scale can be a violation of the values of Basic Law in accordance with the current state of knowledge is not determined. The plot Paintball-the game does not contain elements which are considered by the Board itself than the current value measure should be outlawed. The playful Simulation of the 'off' of a people and thus implicitly of the injury and killing so this person can not be counted; this game element is widespread and returns in a multitude of variations in team games, computer games and Sports such as fencing, boxing and karate again. A blurring of the frame drawing between the game world and the everyday world is under the facts known so far also not to fear.

[...] The fact that opponents and thus objective real object Persons, does not such an increase in natural loyalty that in this game Prepaid e.g. to computer games - in terms of game scenarios regularly far
detailed - a new quality of realism would be. On the other hand, speak

The findings of the court to present expert opinion Violence by members of affinity with the (German) paintball scene. This study concludes that the risk of blur from game and Everyday is not present. Thus, in the investigated persons found that the self-critical dealing with one's own weakness and a Variety of measures and regulations on the safety of the players against a to fear loss reality speak. These results are not without readily generalize, since no group of people representative of the investigation has been subjected, but the study in the context of 'paintball scene' was created, the declaredly a strong selection of its members operate. Specifically, the Study also pointed out that not in the 'scene' embedded mentally unstable people Militant youths or in part, a different attitude to their action in this Maintain game and therefore can be a problem. It may be a

"[...] societal consensus should exist that morally offensive game and with the commonly accepted values are not compatible, if the playful content of living through a combat situation clearly evident that a further Cohabitation disturbing dimension occurs because some real violence in a conscious Thus trivialized, the stimulus excited or cruel acts of violence such as positive and fun way to be seen. The same may apply for games, whose Content almost exclusively in the simulation of killing is, therefore, have their charm far from the full pleasure of the emotion of the extinguishing of a life win. However, there is no sufficient evidence that the Paintball game has such an effect. According to the proposed rules is the 'Mark' of players is only one aspect a multi-game action. The competitive and sporting match based game also requires skill, speed, Responsiveness, security objective, strategy, tactics and team spirit and win its attraction by the need to fight in an exotic situation in many Ways to prove. "

The aforementioned court referred to already in 2000 under the direction of the Violence renowned German researcher Prof. Dr. Roland Eckert created independent Opinion of the Qualified teacher Linda teinmetz. This is clearly stated that there is no link between the paintball sport and the development of Violent fantasies or real-life acts of violence such as that of Winnenden are:

"For the German paintball scene is in the context of this report based empirical investigation so far made no real fears of violence confirm or brutalization. A thesis that for the game, typical behavior warlike character killing or similar behavior or harmless forms of violence in everyday life reflected, may not currently be verified. The e.g. by xenophobic violence have become strikingly typical teenagers' criminal
Careers', and associated behavioral patterns can not be traced will. Rather, it is' normal 'young men (and women), biographical inconspicuously with more conventional lifestyles. This is confirmed not least, the visit a tournament, where it becomes apparent that the participants in their everyday roles to return as soon as leave the playing field, where - like in established clubs - tables covered homemade cakes are served, the presentation ceremony and the presentation of trophies can begin. An almost familial Kaffeeklatsch ended an eventful day. The discussion focuses on the author's view, too much on the 'shoot' and
playful 'killing', not even in the center of this complex scenario is, it but that, when the opposing team flag to reach. It allows the Equipped with similar weapons' markers' on members of the opposing team to
shoot and thus the achievement of the flag to prevent (the Measures, the Playing left). And out of fear, even taken to be those on the stems Time of experiencing a real perceived threat and resulting in a Feeling that the actors as a 'Thrill' signifies. But this is only 'a' facet of the game. The other part of the paintball game, tournaments, competition, we feel, after-game Parties as an important framework between fiction and life, are disregarded. Adventure without risk? Non-violence to violence? For organized paintball player Scene and registered clubs is that question with a 'Yes' to answer. Paintball is embedded in a specific 'frame' (Goffman 1977), which is a 'Before' and 'after', entry and exit rituals that are a clear differentiation from everyday life guarantee."

That the paintball sport an attitude creates or strengthens the "simulated Killing "the fundamental value and respect the right to deny that any People, there is consequently a refuted hypothesis (a hypothesis is called in science is provisional by observation or reflection, reasoned Acceptance or assumption that to explain is used, but not experience or experiment so thoroughly verified is that they contribute to the formulation a theory would suffice).

In our search for meaningful material extent by the Federal Government and the Ministries on the (supposed) effects of "violent games" we are on a Publication of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth encountered: "Media and Violence". It bears the subtitle "the research findings since 1998." It says on page 201 in section 4.3.4:

"In the discussion on the effects of computer games is against the view that the so far in relation to film and television violence effects observed in principle for validity of violent games, so when the computer is much clearer likely to fail [...] while the recipient of television violence is just a spectator, ie rather adopts a passive attitude, does the player of a computer game from an active role. The game comes only through his actions ever be. "

But is it so that the active role of the player back to the final amplification of the Consequences of the use of violence on television should occur, should be allowed, it must this conclusion also for the transmission of the results of research on Consequences of the paintball game and similar games are: On pages 234 ff under Section 4.7 ( "assessment") states that:

"A final verdict on the effect of violent computer games is determined by the previously mentioned methodological problems of many studies already difficult [...] The Investment of many studies is not suitable to make statements about causal relationships to possible. So often unclear about whether young people are violent enhanced computer suspend the games, the violent behavior trigger or an interaction exists. The problem is, in particular, that not all Studies indicate that the postulated direction of the relationship is not compulsory. Given such criticisms is a summary interpretation moreover, often contradictory research findings is very difficult. The Inability to get clear statements reflected clearly in the various statements so far this literature and meta-analysis reflect the also not uniform conclusions [...]. Griffiths (1999, p. 203)"

criticized the lack of systematic research, despite an already over 15 years continuing controversy over the effect of violent computer games and abstains research because of the unsatisfactory situation of a ruling on the actual effects [...] Even German literature overviews come to no positive verdict. Hans-Dieter Kübler (2003, p. 5) notes:

"Empirical studies acceptable impact strength areScarce [...] '[...] The previous research has evidence of negative effects in Area of cognition, emotion and behavior is provided, the research has so far been able
however - not least due to a lack of adaptation of the research design to the specific features of computer games - in the appendix of the studies to be heterogeneous in their findings to contradictory and altogether too many methodological flaws procedures to clear statements to arrive."

Could have been estimated by the Federal Government 15 research years, has not conclusive statements about the consequences of violence and (supposedly) violent Games and be in the previous research on film and television violence effects observed for (allegedly) the validity of violent games, because the player in such an active role, so must these conclusions, taking into account above the law and legal opinions for the Paintball Game valid. We ask for your project, which is not scientifically justified, not legally preserved and is either politically motivated, to refrain.

Yours sincerely,
Lawyers Baumann & Baumann

We are marching, and we will take this to court if some backwater politician tries to fuck us up.

rogersig.png

#31 Crazy_Ivan

Crazy_Ivan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

Nice Ced. Very, very nice. Here's hoping common sense rules!

#32 Sjorso

Sjorso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

I am also hearing that Netherlands is considering similar laws. If this snowballs you could see paintball banned in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Holland. And if Holland bans it I am sure Belgium is just matter of time. If Belgium bans it then I see France following...

If current economic trends were not bad enough for paintball industry, I see loosing the German market along with other Euro countries a major blow to the wallet of allot of paintball manufactures.

Hmmm there haven't been talks about banning it over here in the Netherlands yet. As a paintball community we are allready trying to contact some media that will give us a fair shot for a mature discussion.

However there was a discussion on belgian radio today about banning paintball, and there were talks about it in switzerland.

Knowing our government, if it goes trough in Germany it will only be a matter of time before they ban it over here. Lets hope for the best and best of luck to the German paintball community.

#33 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

Just clocked this in (yesterday's) Telegraph - http://www.telegraph...l-shooting.html

To say the least, i was bloody surprised. I just hope it doesn't snowball it's way across the channel (or snowball anywhere for that matter).

Good luck to German paintballers, and anyone else affected by this ban, in getting rid of it.

And there was me thinking our politicians are crap...

#34 3migo

3migo

Owl Capone

• Members
  • 10,865 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

just saw borgs video about this.

You can stay with me ced :P

3migosignature.gif
Chief Night Owl
The Writer of the Prophecy
My Moderator Application
My Feedback

#35 Loken

Loken

I AM ALPHARIUS!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Ced that sucks, if everything goes down hill your always welcome in texas!!

Lets hope your lawyers come out swinging!

And also if theres a petion I will sign!
My setup: diddly-squat!! im broke.

Grazi number 16# Fat Baller

#36 BORG

BORG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

Ced, and other players from Germany,
Borg is with you:

OR CLICK ON THE LINK, AND WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY, AND LEAVE A COMMENT!

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff00ff--><span style="color:#ff00ff"><!--/coloro--><b>IF </b><b>KITTY ASKED 57 PPL TO SPAM YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL,</b><b>PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG...</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
<b>
</b>
WE ARE BORG!
SCORE IS IRRELEVANT!

#37 Chace365

Chace365

Slurm!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

no paintball in europe equals no millenium either.
Want to be an ASS-HAT?
Go ahead and put a big FIRST as a reply to someones question.
Posted Image
Modder's Guild- Where custom is customary.

#38 minikmak

minikmak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

o man this sucks
Posted Image - join grassroots

#39 Tomcat

Tomcat

The Catshack Reports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:33 AM

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go out and enjoy a fantastic day of paintball at an epic game. Today I am deeply saddened as news spreads of the recent ban on paintball in Germany. Although I am not an authority on politics, nor do I have a full understanding of the reasoning behind this decision on the part of the German government I hope everyone can think ahead to the gravity of this decision and its impact on paintball worldwide. To think a free society be denied paintball as a pastime… be denied that opportunity to get together with friends and enjoy social interaction, its reprehensible!!!

In a recent conversation with a brother belonging to the Dutch Paintball league his greatest fear is that this decision will lead to a ban on our game throughout the entirety of Europe. Already the Dutch Paintball League has gone to work on trying to have paintball designated as an official sport in an effort to save the game they know and love much the same as the rest of us here.

I implore all of you to take a moment and assist by visiting this link and signing this petition so that perhaps in some small way we help them with their plight.

http://www.ipetition...tball-verbot/?e

Think ahead people….something like this could easily give other countries governing bodies an idea … one none of us would be at all happy with :-(
Editor & Chief, The Catshack Reports Paintball News- http://www.catshackreports.com
Posted Image

#40 TXjakeTX

TXjakeTX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

goddamn ced sorry, thats just so fuckin terrible man, you're always welcome in texas, we have hundreds of fields. nice video borg.
"Don't leave your true friends for your new friends, because they'll leave you for their true friends." - Anonymous

Member of the Texas Ballas

Vice President
of the vibe tribe.

http://www.techpb.co...mp;#entry316773

#41 Xyph

Xyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Wow if they ban paintball I will lost all respect for Germany. OMG BORG HAS A FACE??!

#42 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Dangit stupid politicans they need to stop over reacting and get their head out of their ass. You can stay at my house Ced lol :lol:

#43 Ritterkreuz

Ritterkreuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

Ced that sucks, if everything goes down hill your always welcome in texas!!

Lets hope your lawyers come out swinging! [...]

We did indeed ... I am Dirk Baumann (a name parter of the law firm Baumann & Baumann).

We will translate that brief for you in the next few days ... obviously we are very busy at the moment.

I will let you guys know when and were to sign that online petition.

By the way: I am an active baller since 1994 (am 39 years of age).

All the best, Dirk

Edited by Ritterkreuz, 10 May 2009 - 03:13 PM.

#44 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hello there, Dirk.

If you need anything we can do here, just let me know.

Yours truly,
Chris.

rogersig.png

#45 schreiter

schreiter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

this is why i hate politicians. all of them are power hungry basterds who dont care for the little people. banning pb in germany is plain foolish.
no sig

#46 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

this is why i hate politicians. all of them are power hungry basterds who dont care for the little people. banning pb in germany is plain foolish.

Most. I don't like absolutes.

It's not foolish really. If someone has been fear mongering the general public to be afraid of paintball, then it is in a politician's best self-interest to do so. In fact, in a democratic country it should be so regardless. If a majority of people want something, in a true democracy it should be so if possible. Frankly, I think this is the fault of the public's ignorance concerning the sport and those who prey upon their fears, not the politicians. I'd be more angry at the news stations who simply attributed a pathologically insane individual's crime to paintball as a scapegoat.

Edited by Lotus, 10 May 2009 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Southpaw

Southpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

I demand asylum in the US. Who can give me a bed?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading/hearing Mike say something about renting/buying a small house to run TechPb from and act as a "guest house". You could live there for a while if Mike would let you.

And on the whole ban PB thing is retarded

#48 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

*speechless*

#49 Patejl

Patejl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

I am very nervous about that, Germany is one of the most influencing countries of the EU, of which my own country is a member. Can we expect rise of idiotism and demagogy here too?
Where is the world coming to, and how is even possible any politician in democracy can openly come out with suggestion about restricting people safe leiusure time activity? And without any proof it will have even indirect impact on improving anything???
Good luck in Germany guys! I am afraid that with current leftism in European politics overall arselickers from other countries will follow.
I Czech "valid pro argument" already to pass a law is "it is the standard in most of other EU countries" :(

In Germany - I heard - you already DO HAVE stupid laws like you cannot have anything which can be considered weapon with you, or even wear cammo or army uniform-like clothing. Can some German confirm this in short (I don´t wanna start OT or flame here). However, the true is a friend of mine was stopped in germany by police and during car check they taken from him pepper spray and also knife...?

Edited by Patejl, 11 May 2009 - 03:28 AM.

"Yeah hippie, go back to Woodstock if you don't want to shoot anything."
- Eric Cartman

#50 Ced

Ced

Honorary Canadian

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:30 AM

In Germany - I heard - you already DO HAVE stupid laws like you cannot have anything which can be considered weapon with you, or even wear cammo or army uniform-like clothing. Can some German confirm this in short (I don´t wanna start OT or flame here). However, the true is a friend of mine was stopped in germany by police and during car check they taken from him pepper spray and also knife...?

As a reply to your questions:

1.) The "Resemblance Paragraph", as it was called, has been dropped. We may have markers and airsoft guns resembling real steel.
2.) Camo and Army BDUs are allowed, by frowned upon. Insignia of rank are not.
3.) Pepper Spray is to be stored in a safe way, but other than that, it should be legal - depends on ingredients and strength.
4.) Knives are only legally carried without licence up to a certain length.

And as for the CZ: We would go there, when PB is banned in Germany - and many players form Bavaria already do, as Bavaria, the largest state of Germany, is very conservative, pro gun owners and contra paintballers - there are only so many fields in Bavaria. In CZ, there is the "Gotchaspielfeld Süd" ("Gotchafield South"), if you ever were there. We have a strong interest in hindering any snowball effects.

Edited by Ced, 11 May 2009 - 04:32 AM.

rogersig.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users