13 replies to this topic

#1 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hello Techpber's.

I have a bt4 delta and recently it's been having problems.

It's deciding to not re-cock fully every so often which gets progressively worse through a game untill I have to cock it each shot! Like a musket or something! And then it stops firing.

Not the battery in the clip or grip and plenty or air, lubed, polished and free from breaks in the guts?

What's causeing this!?

Only thing can think of is that the bolt at the front is getting stuck on a raised peice of the mould on the inside main body. Sounds far fetched I know but I took it apart and there are some bits there it can get snaged on, but that how it's made, they are ment to be there!

So I wonderd if anyone had any advice before I take a dremell to it!
And on the eight day the lord gave us PAINTBALL!!

#2 bouncingtomb

bouncingtomb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

Make sure the tank is screwed in really tight, my old BT would do this as well until I just screwed the tank in really tight and presto it worked as good as new.

Also check out http://bt.warrior-online.com/ best BT community anywhere.

#3 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

Make sure the tank is screwed in really tight, my old BT would do this as well until I just screwed the tank in really tight and presto it worked as good as new.

Also check out http://bt.warrior-online.com/ best BT community anywhere.

Cheers mate, I'll give this a go.

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

If everything is proper (tank working correct, sufficient lube or the casing screws are not too loose or too tight) then:

1. your o-ring on your rear bolt needs replacing.
2. your bolt or sear is worn out.

#5 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

If everything is proper (tank working correct, sufficient lube or the casing screws are not too loose or too tight) then:

1. your o-ring on your rear bolt needs replacing.
2. your bolt or sear is worn out.

Thankyou, I'll address that also if the above solution does'nt help. Other that that I really like bt's, simple yet effective.

Cheers for the adavice guys.

#6 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:10 AM

Ok I've done all of the above and the ape board will only work on semi on other modes it kicks into full auto and doesn't stop!

The stock e-grip board works fine.

Other people seem to have the same issue but checking the related forums shows they can't get a result.

It's not debounce settings, asa, seer height or battery....

Tech help at BT and APE are friendly but can't offer a result.

About to give up and ask for a replacement but I want to try and fix it first so I'm waiting for any opinions from those in the know.

Any ideas?

And thanks for the help so far very appreciated.

Edited by R.Widlake~HostileInentions, 03 June 2009 - 10:22 AM.

#7 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Ok I've done all of the above and the ape board will only work on semi on other modes it kicks into full auto and doesn't stop!

The stock e-grip board works fine.

Other people seem to have the same issue but checking the related forums shows they can't get a result.

It's not debounce settings, asa, seer height or battery....

Tech help at BT and APE are friendly but can't offer a result.

About to give up and ask for a replacement but I want to try and fix it first so I'm waiting for any opinions from those in the know.

Any ideas?

And thanks for the help so far very appreciated.

Sounds like sear or settings, check that all the settings are set correctly even the ones you know or think you know are right.

#8 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:24 AM

Sounds like sear or settings, check that all the settings are set correctly even the ones you know or think you know are right.
[/quote]

Thanks, good advice. It turns out it was the adjustment screw in the trigger which was to close to the microswitch causeing mech recoil. I had adjusted it before but evidently the slightest fraction of turns can make all the difference so I played with it untill I hit the spot.

The only problem with it now is that it chops like an axe!

#9 FailureElite

FailureElite

2 people in 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

The only problem with it now is that it chops like an axe!

What hopper are you using for it? The BT Delta with a rampage board can cycle 20bps easily. This is a recipe for paint soup if you have a slow hopper and a high rate of fire setting. The stock board tops out around 13 bps I think, don't quote me, so if you chop less with that you need a faster hopper.
Be not afraid of failure, for success lies in its wake.

#10 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

The chopping is either a board ramp, setting, or the hopper.

#11 FailureElite

FailureElite

2 people in 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

hi, well i had the same problem. if you look at the inside of your asa, theres a little hole. thats your air sores hole that lets in the air. there are 2 way to fix the problem. 1, find a tippmann 98 custome asa and throw it on. or you can take a dremmal and make the hole bigger by dremming the hole closser to the pin in the center.

there

yeh i know. Unfortunately I'd done this a while back but it didn't do a thing. I even brought a new custom products asa.

It's not a one off either I've also got a swat and it does the same thing.

I tried for months to fix this, my conclusion is that the bt4 is garbage.

Many times it is the ASA pin not fully depressing the pin on your tank. Try another tank, since yours simply may have a pin that is 1/16 too short, or try an ASA from another marker. If you feel like keeping them that is. It makes very little sense that you would get 2 different model BTs that do the exact same thing unless it is ASA or tank related.

On a side note, the SP1 has grown on me. The low force system works better than I expected, but I still think the stock bolt sucks.

#12 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:17 AM

Many times it is the ASA pin not fully depressing the pin on your tank. Try another tank, since yours simply may have a pin that is 1/16 too short, or try an ASA from another marker. If you feel like keeping them that is. It makes very little sense that you would get 2 different model BTs that do the exact same thing unless it is ASA or tank related.

On a side note, the SP1 has grown on me. The low force system works better than I expected, but I still think the stock bolt sucks.
[/quote]

The tank, that makes sense. I'll try a different tank this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.

#13 R.Widlake~HostileInentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

[quote name='R.Widlake~HostileInentions' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:17 AM' post='456667']

Well I tried 5 different tanks to be sure and no joy. No offence to BT as I'm sure they have plenty of happy gunners but I must say I've obviously been unlucky and brought two lemons. Trouble is the they are over a year old now and I think I read in the manual disclaimers that if taken apart the warrenty is void.

Oh well, they can join my pm8 in the "to fix" and I hope I get better luck with my SP1.

#14 FailureElite

FailureElite

2 people in 1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

Sorry to hear that bud. Hopefully someone who knows the problem will be able to look at the marker in person.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users