4 replies to this topic

#1 Dune Dx

Dune Dx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

First I'm going to reveal how ignorant I am:

Is the only difference between fibre wrapped and steel the weight?
What does cu stand for?
3000 psi/4500 psi/5000 psi = I fill it up to the 3/4.5/5 on the gauge on my tank?
Are any tanks better than others?
Why?

All the posts on this in the main section end up with people recomending products you can't get in the UK and it seems there is just a lot more variety in the US so I'm confused :S

#2 L-Jay

L-Jay

I'm British I Drink Tea And Im Not Gonna Stop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

Hi buddy,

Yer, the large majority of this forum is delegated to the US side of paintball, but in this UK forum we all manage to still play :)

Well as far as tanks go there are not as many selections avaliable here but there are deffinatly a fair few. If you want to do some internet shopping for tanks visit the Online stores located on this post...

http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=7885S

They are all in the UK and have good service!

Right.. Tanks.. Well your tanks over here are pretty normal unless you want to pay large amounts of money and get a 5k PSI one (PSI= Pounds Square Inch) But the problem with something like that is that most paintball fields in the UK fill to 3000PSI with some filling to 4500 PSI.

As far as size and PSI is concerned that main types your gonna find are 48CU and 68CU. But alot of the UK dealers measure in Litres. I believe i 48 is like 0.8L and a 68 is 1.1L. CU and CI mean the same thing. Just different units of measurement used. CU means Cubic Units. CI stands for Cubic Inches. This refers to the area inside of the tank that is filled. So, 68CI means there is 68 cubic inches inside of this tank. A 68CU tank has 68 cubic units inside of the tank... basically, the same size area.

As far as the PSI goes, that is the pressure that the air in the tank is at, so with a 3000 PSI tank the air in the tank is at 3000 Pounds of pressure per square inch.

Naturally you would get more shots from a 4500 PSI tanks than a 3000PSI tank due to the fact that the tank can store more pressure therefore more air. But you CAN not over fill these tanks... i.e Do not try to fill a 3000 PSI tank from a 4500 PSI filling station If you were to do so, the burst disk will blow which will prevent anymore air from entering, once the burst disk has blown you have to get a new one. Its much cheaper and SAFER to fill the tank to the recommened pressure. But you can fill a 4500 PSI tank from a 3000 PSI filling station.

Naturally a 4500psi Tank will be more than a 3000psi tank.

If you have anymore questions just ask :)

Lewis
Posted Image

"We are not out gunned, we are in a target rich environment!"

Mike Phillips what? Are people telling paintball players to go to slutload.com and search "paintball"? I ain't got time to watch people just going at it on the paintball field like the world's gunna end, I got choir practice in the morning. Praise the Lord!

#3 Furny

Furny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

Very well said L-Jay i bet you would of loved some one to of told you that when you were starting

if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!

#4 Dune Dx

Dune Dx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

ok the two places I go paintballing, only have 3000 psi fill stations because they don't want people to accidentally kill themselves.

If I were to purchase a 4500 psi tank would I just connect it to the fill nipple and fill my tank up to 4.5 instead of 3. Or would I still just fill it up to 3?

#5 L-Jay

L-Jay

I'm British I Drink Tea And Im Not Gonna Stop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:00 AM

ok the two places I go paintballing, only have 3000 psi fill stations because they don't want people to accidentally kill themselves.

If I were to purchase a 4500 psi tank would I just connect it to the fill nipple and fill my tank up to 4.5 instead of 3. Or would I still just fill it up to 3?

It would only filll up to 3000 psi
Posted Image

"We are not out gunned, we are in a target rich environment!"

Mike Phillips what? Are people telling paintball players to go to slutload.com and search "paintball"? I ain't got time to watch people just going at it on the paintball field like the world's gunna end, I got choir practice in the morning. Praise the Lord!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users