1265 replies to this topic

#101 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

can i get in this group? i a, a Tech Sergeant in the Civil Air Patrol, MI wing, and after i graduate highschool im joining the Marine Corps, and right now im a Junior, And i am planning on going DEP when i turn 17 in January

Lol, I have 2 cadets in my squadron that just worship the Marine Corps...Anyway, welcome to the MBC bud. :tup:
Posted Image
USAF Pararescue - Cause even Seals need to call for backup occasionally...

#102 OEFVetran

OEFVetran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

another marine? great......JK JK. served with alo of good marines in the stan. anyway, our orders finally came through, KUWAIT2010 here i com.... that country has no idea whats about to hit it, lol

#103 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

afnav thnx so much i cant wait to join the air force as an officer and hopefully be flying lol im 14 so i get 8 more yrs

#104 afnav2011

afnav2011

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

afnav thnx so much i cant wait to join the air force as an officer and hopefully be flying lol im 14 so i get 8 more yrs

No problem.
BST Feedback <--- +12/0/0
Crash at the Coast Miami
University Of Michigan

#105 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

So, I thought I would post up some fairly useless bragging rights.. Lol.

Yesterday, I got to spend the day in Yongsan at the 8th Army HQ. Got recognized as a "Logistics Hero" by LTG Fil for holding together the 2ID operations and network alone for a month as a PFC. Woot!

Oh, and I get my E4 tomorrow or Monday, 2 months before Im even eligible for it, without having to go to a board or anything. Double woot!

:D

/ego boost :P

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#106 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

congrats!!! it sounds really cool lol, well im about to get E-7 in my unit and hopefully supply officer as well

#107 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

another marine? great......JK JK. served with a lot of good marines in the stan. anyway, our orders finally came through, KUWAIT2010 here i com.... that country has no idea whats about to hit it, lol

Can anyone say, "bring in the rain"? :tup:

So, I thought I would post up some fairly useless bragging rights.. Lol.

Yesterday, I got to spend the day in Yongsan at the 8th Army HQ. Got recognized as a "Logistics Hero" by LTG Fil for holding together the 2ID operations and network alone for a month as a PFC. Woot!

Oh, and I get my E4 tomorrow or Monday, 2 months before Im even eligible for it, without having to go to a board or anything. Double woot!

:D

/ego boost :P

It takes the longest time to be recognized for something doesnt it? :lol:

Anyway, everyone, give a big welcome to a new member of the crew, TXSoldier90. ;)

Edited by Nezzanator836, 30 July 2009 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

#108 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

Welcome!!!

#109 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

It takes the longest time to be recognized for something doesnt it? :lol:

Anyway, everyone, give a big welcome to a new member of the crew, TXSoldier90. ;)

Actually, it didnt take very long at all.. My OIC was at a month long class through June, and got back early July.. During that time, the NCOIC of our office was changing over, so they were constantly out of the office trying to get each other squared away, with me in the office alone, minus our Korean National contractor, who just does hardware repair.

So, it basically took another month for some paperwork and a lot of talking, and I was recognized. Although, in my opinion, telling people to plug the RJ45 cable into their computer, and take off Caps Lock all day is hardly worth being recognized for. Lol

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#110 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

Actually, it didnt take very long at all.. My OIC was at a month long class through June, and got back early July.. During that time, the NCOIC of our office was changing over, so they were constantly out of the office trying to get each other squared away, with me in the office alone, minus our Korean National contractor, who just does hardware repair.

So, it basically took another month for some paperwork and a lot of talking, and I was recognized. Although, in my opinion, telling people to plug the RJ45 cable into their computer, and take off Caps Lock all day is hardly worth being recognized for. Lol

Oh well, I wouldn't complain. :lol:
Posted Image

#111 afnav2011

afnav2011

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Field Training tomorrow! See you all in 30 days.
BST Feedback <--- +12/0/0
Crash at the Coast Miami
University Of Michigan

#112 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

Field Training tomorrow! See you all in 30 days.

Have fun. I always loved the field. I get to go in September for 10 days. I dont think we have a 30 day op until November.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#113 Sweet V

Sweet V

US Navy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

So deployment is almost here (just over a month). Starting week one work ups on monday, and I think this will be the last time I get to play paintball in 7 months. :( So depressing. I am going to try and shoot every gun I own this weekend. I don't even know if this is possible. All I know is that this is my last deployment before my time in the navy runs up, and I can finally go back to playing paintball almost every day.

#114 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

So deployment is almost here (just over a month). Starting week one work ups on monday, and I think this will be the last time I get to play paintball in 7 months. :( So depressing. I am going to try and shoot every gun I own this weekend. I don't even know if this is possible. All I know is that this is my last deployment before my time in the navy runs up, and I can finally go back to playing paintball almost every day.

ouch, well make the most of this month!!

#115 Nick

Nick

USAF Combat Camera

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

Damn.

I almost *ALMOST* bought a new Sig p226 supressed series with a SWR trident 9 can and recoil booster for 1,500 today. Its a decent deal, but it pains me to know that personal weapons in the military is a grey area.

I heard you need to be at your permanent duty station first, and then its at the discretion of your CO whether or not you have access to the armory to retrieve your weapons.

#116 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

Sodeployment is almost here (just over a month). Starting week one workups on monday, and I think this will be the last time I get to playpaintball in 7 months. :( So depressing. I am going to try and shoot every gun I own thisweekend. I don't even know if this is possible. All I know is that thisis my last deployment before my time in the navy runs up, and I canfinally go back to playing paintball almost every day.

Retirement pay will cover some of the money you need to play right? :)

Edited by Nezzanator836, 02 August 2009 - 08:43 PM.

Posted Image

#117 Nick

Nick

USAF Combat Camera

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

where is everyone

Anyway, im starting to freak out a little bit. I have 26 days left, and my mind is starting to feel a little strung out.

Im really stressed :(

#118 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

So, I got my E4 yesterday.. And apparently, in my unit, there is some unwritten rule of soldiers that all the E4 promotees get punched in the chest by the other E4's. FML. Lol.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#119 OEFVetran

OEFVetran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

thats pretty much army wide, in my unit, we have to run the gauntlet where everyone your rannk and up lines up and punches you as you run through, it was better when we had pin on rank with the BDU's.have seen a couple people use a multi tol to pull their rank out of their collar bone

#120 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

Ahaha, the legendary tales of the Ranger pin. :P

Check out my Ebay sales!

#121 EarlyBird

EarlyBird

I didn't know I could edit this

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

SrA. Andrew Stover.
123d Air Control Squadron, Blue Ash, OH
I'm a Surveillance Technician about to attend school for Weapons Director.

Well I've been deployed once to Iraq. So...can I join?

Posted Image

#122 Nick

Nick

USAF Combat Camera

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

of course.

We have people whom are years shy of actually heading out, joined

#123 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:08 PM

So, I got my E4 yesterday.. And apparently, in my unit, there is some unwritten rule of soldiers that all the E4 promotees get punched in the chest by the other E4's. FML. Lol.

Ouch, kinda like getting punches on your 16th birthday (I turned 16 today)...And also getting shot at by everyone at the damn field too..Fricken hurt...

Anyways, EarlyBird welcome to the MBC.
Posted Image

#124 EarlyBird

EarlyBird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

cool...thanks...just got back from my 60 day reintegration session...so boring...i could've been playing paintball today

Posted Image

#125 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

Molle lets you customize how your gear is setup a lot more. But, with how the Army is, they want us all to look relatively the same, so there isnt much of a point to it.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#126 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

Molle lets you customize how your gear is setup a lot more. But, with how the Army is, they want us all to look relatively the same, so there isnt much of a point to it.

Damn, that sucks. When were on exericse/ops no-one really gives a damn what loading carrying rig you wear, as long as it's an appropriate colour/cam pattern.

#127 EarlyBird

EarlyBird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

That's the way it was in Iraq...as long as you had the right cam/pattern they didn't care how you carried your gear

Posted Image

#128 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

Well, I guess thats just Korea, then. Or 2ID. But they have us all wear the same stuff on our IBAs/MOLLE vests.

Side plates and throat guard, medical and mag pouches on the front left, frag pouch on front right, and Camelbak on.

Other than that, we can put on what we want. But there isnt very much room left after that stuff is on there.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#129 EarlyBird

EarlyBird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

yeah...I think it depends on your unit. i was allowed to customize my gear pretty much how I wanted it...as long as I had my mag pouches and ifak on there somewhere I could put whatever I wanted

Posted Image

#130 OEFVetran

OEFVetran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

when i was in afghanistan, as long as it was desert tan, flat dark earth or ACU comand didnt care. but, the MOLLE vst is the worst thing ever in a combat zone. the new IOTV body armor. the bb style, has a pull chord that hold the vest together. if you pull the chord though, the vest fals apart so the medics can work on your easier. the MOLLE vest holds everything in place so you will have to cut the vest off. i just attached my gear to my IOTV itself. as for different pouches, why carry more gear then you really need? i had a grenade pouch for my smokes, all my mag pouches, my IFAK, my drop leg first aide kit, my gerber and my strap-cutter, my 9mm and 5 mags. all that plus 17 mags of 5.56 weighed in at 75 lbs, why put more useless crap on there? also, the armys plas is to ditch the ACU crap by 2012 for the MultiCam stuff, so, if you get your own vest/plate carrier, i recomend getting it in flat dark earth, its still army reg, and its uber light, but usually runs 300 bucks. cant remember what its called, but all the marines i worked with int he stan had them, and they loved it

#131 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

MOLLE equipment is very handy. I've played with my fair share of gear having played airsoft before. The ability to move stuff to exactly where you need it helps. I like mag pouches on the left and utility pouches on the right. I'm a righty, so grabbing a mag with the left hand is very easy and allows you to keep your weapon on target for faster follow up shots after the reload.

Any links confirming the army is moving to multicam in 2012? I love the stuff. I actually wear it at my local field so I don't get confused with being military, since we're on base, a lot of service members come out in their camo, and since multicam isn't military issue, it lets me be uniformed without impersonating anyone.
- Coop
R-14 Paintball - Range 14, Ft. Dix, New Jersey
Located at +40 0' 4.14", -74 32' 44.39"

- Google - YouTube - MySpace - Facebook - Twitter -

#132 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

OEF - I heard they were working on that pull-cord IBA, but I didnt know it was already fielded in the desert. How much different is it from the regular IBA? And fucking hell man, 17 mags of M16 rounds? I didnt even know you could put that many pouches on a vest where you could easily reach them. Lol.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#133 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

The EAGLE brand CIRAS, Combat Individual Releaseable Armor System has been in use by SF for a while now. It has a velcro panel that you peal open, and pull on a heavy duty cable to separate the back and front sections of the vest. It was originally intended as a quick-ditch measure in the event you find yourself and your helicopter inexplicably full of water.

A lot of civilian companies are moving over to the releaseable armor. I think even Blackhawk offers a low cost version.

It works, although I havn't played with it in emergency conditions. It's also a dick move to walk up to a friend and pull their emergency cord, to have their vest in 2 neat piles at their feet, lol.
- Coop

#134 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

im jrotc

Elaborate on that?
I'm looking for;
Branch:
Unit Number:

Example:
USAF JROTC
SC-20081
C/SSgt.
Posted Image

#135 OEFVetran

OEFVetran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

first off, MultiCam is being fielded at Ft. Bragg and Benning by Rangers and SF alike. as fo thte IOTV, its great, sooooo much more confortable then the IBA. the pull chord is a bit of a botch though, and god help you if the chord comes out, it takes about 3 hours to put an iotv back together. and if someone came up and pulled my chord, the got an m4 butstock to the head. and yes, 17 mags went with me anytime i went outside the wire. i could fit 12 on my vest, and i have nother 5 in my bugout bag. plus each truck had 2 amo cans full of loaded 30rd mags. we also had a boom box full of different grenades. all the sf guys i lived and worked with in teh stan all had either just a plate carrier or dragon skin. ht ebest thing about the molle gear is that ou can pick and chose what goen on your vest, but keep in mind, the IOTV is teh issued body armor in theater, do no, i repeat, do not wear the molle vest with your IOTV, it prevents the pull chord from doings it job, and you have to cut your gear off your body if you get injured. not a smart idea, it delays care.

#136 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

ugh i got my school schedule and i didnt get into jrotc im pissed ima see if i can transfer

#137 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

I found a company that sells MOLLE compatable paintball pouches.

http://fullclipusa.c...i...ex&cPath=30

A bit on the high side, price wise, but I've got an IBA I used to wear when I played airsoft that is begging for a rebirth in paintball :D
- Coop

#138 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

ugh i got my school schedule and i didnt get into jrotc im pissed ima see if i can transfer

That should be one of the first things they put into your schedule when doing it. How big is your school?
Posted Image

#139 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

I found a company that sells MOLLE compatable paintball pouches.

http://fullclipusa.c...i...ex&cPath=30

A bit on the high side, price wise, but I've got an IBA I used to wear when I played airsoft that is begging for a rebirth in paintball :D

You can make paintball pouches out of regular mag pouches. Find yourself some of the velcro mag pouches, and cut the bottoms off, and hang them upside down from your vest.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#140 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

my schools a 4A but in san antonio the air force is huge theres like 4 bases so alot of kids join

#141 TXStorm

TXStorm

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

my schools a 4A but in san antonio the air force is huge theres like 4 bases so alot of kids join

I used to go to school on base in Randolph, what school do you go to?

Elite Gun Owners Planet Eclipse Gun owners Pump Players Clan The Marqs Men Techpb Soccer club Muppets Club Central Texas Ballers Club

#142 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

boerne champion high school

#143 Nezzanator836

Nezzanator836

C/Cpt.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

I just hope that by my senior year, I would have been to NHSDTC. I wanna see how good John Jay HS really is. Anybody else gone against them in a drill meet?
Posted Image

#144 Nick

Nick

USAF Combat Camera

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

8 days till everything wraps up.

Im starting to get a little giddy

#145 Nick

Nick

USAF Combat Camera

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:16 AM

Hey, this thread isnt allowed to fall off the first page, lol

#146 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

So.. Im getting a coin from a two star tomorrow.. These generals must like giving out shiny things.. :unsure:

Check out my Ebay sales!

#147 OEFVetran

OEFVetran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

has a couple of coins, as well as a few limited number deployment coins, they look good in shadow boxes, bout it. congrats though. so far, the est atta boy i have gotten in my time of service was from a MARSOF guy i spent time in afghanistan with. he siad out of all the army soldiers he has worked with, he would go to war with me any day. this was of course after i did a minute return fire mission with them with a 120mm mortar tube, and i was teh guy hanging rounds, i am not even a mortarmen....

#148 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

yes i got into jrotc

#149 Sweet V

Sweet V

US Navy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Nice dude, welcome. On a random note I have to say the new NWU's are great, although I dont really know why the navy needs camo. Maybe so when I fall overboard I will blend in with the water and they can't find me. Sweet.

#150 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:11 AM

Nice dude, welcome. On a random note I have to say the new NWU's are great, although I dont really know why the navy needs camo. Maybe so when I fall overboard I will blend in with the water and they can't find me. Sweet.

Its so you can hide from invading pirates easier, duh. But I like the Navy's ACU equivalent. The black and grey digicam or whatever.. That uniform looks sweet.

Check out my Ebay sales!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users