• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Juttaro

Juttaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

How is the Ion MAX'd? and would you say it is better then a proto slg out of the box? I'm looking to use one of these guns for tournament play. Which one would be the best if I had to play tourny that day.

#2 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

The ION MAX'd is simply an upgraded ion (clamping feed, s-rail drop, max'd body, three piece 14" freak barrel, and on/off asa). The Proto SLG is way better out of the box.
Etek Owners - Edmonton Impact fan #23
etek2 ego / virtue laser eyes / virtue oled board / cure2 / zick kit / dye rotor / Invert 56/45
BACKUP: ion maxd w/ reloader b2 / empire 56/45 / 360 qev / firebolt / techt fly-on detents / virtue laser eyes
F/S: LNIB Etek Virtue Grip (with screws) for sale, PM for details.

#3 onemanmafia

onemanmafia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

the ion maxd is basically an ion with all the basic upgrades so i like the barrle and the trigger more but the stock board on the SLG is better for tourney
your life is in my hands and you don't even know it

Help me become a moderator http://www.techpb.co...?showtopic=3078

#4 Chris

Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

the ion maxd is basically an ion with all the basic upgrades so i like the barrle and the trigger more but the stock board on the SLG is better for tourney

The Max'd Ion has the stock Ion trigger.
Etek Owners - Edmonton Impact fan #23
etek2 ego / virtue laser eyes / virtue oled board / cure2 / zick kit / dye rotor / Invert 56/45
BACKUP: ion maxd w/ reloader b2 / empire 56/45 / 360 qev / firebolt / techt fly-on detents / virtue laser eyes
F/S: LNIB Etek Virtue Grip (with screws) for sale, PM for details.

#5 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

your money will be better spent on a proto slg.

#6 elpaco305

elpaco305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

i would also reccomend the slg

#7 Heywod

Heywod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:57 PM

for tournys, SLG, for just starting out, ion maxd
aim = HeywodJahblomeh
XBL = Heywod

#8 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

proto slg is by far better than any maxed out Ion

#9 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

To those of you who "think" the slg is better than the ion when max'ed..You should check out this thread... People here are actually claiming the ION with upgrades is equal to or BETTER than a EGO 8!!! LINK ---> http://www.techpb.co...wtopic=2764&hl=

#10 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

To those of you who "think" the slg is better than the ion when max'ed..You should check out this thread... People here are actually claiming the ION with upgrades is equal to or BETTER than a EGO 8!!! LINK ---> http://www.techpb.co...wtopic=2764&hl=

claiming isn't the same as proving. Plus, he's not talking about fully upgraded, just an Ion that comes stock with a few ups similar to the RedZ Ion. The main problem with it is that they don't change the board or some of the not-so-great internals, and so it's still worse of a gun than a stock SLG.

Posted Image

#11 c6969w

c6969w

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

ya jsut because they say that doesnt make it true. they run on defferent systems and the internals are set up differently. plus in life you pay for what you get and the ego was the poppet revolutin in late 04. they have come so far from the heavy ego5 to the sl8r that wieghs under 2 pounds with a rammer smaller than your pinkey
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My text was too big.

#12 Im4EverKing

Im4EverKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

i own the max'd and it's a decent gun, but it still requires upgrades and unless you're really interested in it for some reason i would still go for the slg or Rail.

Just FYI, The trigger is no good. The bolt is like abs plastic. the grip is really fat. the whole body is plastic.
overall... not a really great gun although it will do you fine as a begginer gun
>> Anyone who's got a White Flex for sale hit me up <<

My image was over the 30k, im so naughty.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users