4 replies to this topic

#1 Dadoo202

Dadoo202

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

Just get some protien shakes and keep lifting weights also eat well.
Ohio Baller

#2 ralphy

ralphy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

although, you may not putting on weight (despite the amount you eat) because your body is using all the food you eat to grow. Yep, you might not have finished to grow up my son.

look around in your family, are your parents / sibblings tall are or you a bit odd? one of the best ways to see if you are still growing (maybe not one of the cheapest) or not is to take a X-ray on your hands. When you have finished growing up, your thumb bone is actually a bone. Before that is it merely cartilage.

most guys have got a growing pattern way different from women (because they have menstruation and their body is ruled by that) and also you can take 2 guys and they will not have the same growth profile. I grew up 36cm in 18months when i was 17!!!

So carry on eating what you do, at your age you must eat everything (greens, vegies, proteine, glucide). Don't get into the "i eat proteine therefore i put on weight" mentality. Go to the gym but don't over do it, monitor your height and weight. It will happen.

Ralphy

#3 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

Just eat shit food.

Lots of fast food. :o
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#4 muffin ninja

muffin ninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

there are healthier ways to gain weight^

exercise and eat extra healthy foods with protein to gain lean body mass

#5 DanDaMan

DanDaMan

The Spandex Terror

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

well, im 6'2" 140 lbs. and 16 years old. it would be nice to gain some weight. now if your going to say eat some more, if you saw the amounts of food that i eat and dont gain any weight, you would think i have a tape worm lol. but any, is there anything special you guys recommend i add to my daily feeding ritual. supplements? protien? spinich? (popeye joke)

Your body has too fast of a metabolism. Do you have a rough estimate as to how many calories your eating per day? You need to be eating more than your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) to gain weight. Now, you can eat 4,000 calories a day, but its going to turn into fat. You need to start a lifting weights. Higher weight lower reps. I recommend dead lifts, T-Bar rows, bench press and few others. These exercises will work your a bigger portion of your body instead of working on one specific muscle group. Workout until your physically fatigued and can't do one more rep.

With this weight lifting routine, you need to eat a lot and of course healthy food. Once you find out your BMR, which can be answered using an online bmr calculator. You need to add about 1000-1500 calories more. Now, at first, your progress with gaining weight will be slow, but with consistency and hard work, you'll start gaining weight.

I did the exact same thing awhile back. I needed to gain muscle mass, so i kept eating and eating while working out hard. I probably gained 6lbs in a month and a half.

Alright Murph, so I calculated my BMR.

Male
5' 5"
105lbs
Age 15
BMR: 1450

So I should be eating around 2500 calories a day in order to gain weight? I am actually on a quest to gain weight as well and if you could help me out with some basic lifts that won't stunt my growth, but that I could do this summer, that'd be amazing. Please help.

-DDM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users