Photo

What Nutrition do you take on/off the field?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoulRift

SoulRift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Hey guys. First post here. Anyways, enough with the introduction, I was just wondering what you, the paintball community, does for themselves to fuel their body.
During the last year and a bit I've been learning more and more about which products to take for your body and which to avoid. Not that I've just blindly gone out and bought things just for trial and error, but I've had a TON of help from my local GNC store owner.

Before, I used to take energy drinks. Not a whole lot, but just occasionally when I need them. I experienced a few things.
1)Either I would get the energy I demanded and feel more alert/awake, later on coming off easy.
2) Just like result 1, but with a mild/heavy crash
3) Depending on the mood/time of night/how tired I was, the drink would either have no effect or make me even more tired
4)This only happened one time, but I slammed one of those 5 hour energy things right after a nap because I had to go to work and I had never experienced anything like it. Yeah, there was energy, and yeah, a TON of it. Also lead me to doing things at work that I should've gotten in trouble for had my boss not found it so funny and laughed his ass off at me.

Over the past year anyway, there's been a couple products that I've tried, a few I recommend and a few that I personally wouldn't go after unless it's advised that you use it. I'm not trying to advertise these in anyway, but moreso let the paintball community know a little more about my experiences with energy boosters and nutrition.

Product 1)
Mega Men's Sport Multivitamin.

Wow, this stuff is amazing. I'm going to try and explain it to the best of my power, so here it goes.
This stuff gives you energy. Now, not that 'fake energy' that sports drinks give you, but just overall a higher steady amount of energy throughout the day. I mean, so much so that if I don't take any for a day or 2 my days go a little slower but my body feel heavier. A great multivitamin, it's one of the best sellers at that store. In my opinion, I recommend it to everyone, but of course, ask your doctor if you have any concerns at all.

Product 2)
San Lipidex

I've only been using this product for a while now. It seems to be good, basically it contains fish oils, cla and gla, high flaxseed and omega 3's. Well, that's a mouthfull. Anyway, if you don't know what all of those are, basically it helps lubricate your joints, helps your body breakdown fat easier. It's pretty good, still need more experience with it though but it definatly helps out. Check out the link for more info.

Product 3)
Greens+
Jesus, this stuff rocks. Overall it improves energy and makes your body just perform better. Not a whole lot I can say here at the moment, but I'll probably add more later. I do take all three of these at the same time though, so I only use the stock greens+, but there are other ones that have more vitamins should you feel the need to have more.

What are your personal picks from the health store? Or if you have any more questions about this I am more than willing to answer. I have tried other stuff too, but I think I'll save it for another time.

-Jeff

#2 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

Mega Mens Sport is a great multi. I take only one a day, even though it suggests two. However, when I take them, I end up taking neon yellow pisses. This is just a side effect of the nutrients in the vitamin, but it can be construed as being severely dehydrated. Just an FYI to anyone that takes this vitamin and notices the same thing.

Other than that, I usually take a fish oil/shark muscle/something else compound for my joints, but I havent been able to find it at my GNC lately.

Another thing I liked to do was get St Johns Wart in a capsule form, break the capsules, and make a cold tea with it. A warm tea is just as good, but I prefer cold drinks. Add a bit of honey in and it doesnt taste too bad. Helps the seratonin flow in your brain, which boosts energy and happiness. Meditate after drinking a small glass, and you will be very surprised by how good you feel.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#3 SoulRift

SoulRift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

^ I get that as well. It did look weird at first, and I think the yellow might get brighter with 2 pills rather than one, but eventually my body adjusted to it and it seems to stop.
That's interesting about the st johns wart stuff though. I'll look into that more, and if I see it I might buy a bottle. What does it taste like?

#4 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

It tastes kind of bitter to me, but to some of my friends it tasted sweet/salty/bland/etc. I guess it depends on the amount you put in, or what brand of bottler it comes from.

Actually, I just had an idea; to add St Johns Wart with some warm mint tea. That would probably taste really nice.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#5 SoulRift

SoulRift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

It tastes kind of bitter to me, but to some of my friends it tasted sweet/salty/bland/etc. I guess it depends on the amount you put in, or what brand of bottler it comes from.

Actually, I just had an idea; to add St Johns Wart with some warm mint tea. That would probably taste really nice.

That sounds pretty good actually.
Lately I've been trying the wild rose detox. Ugh, 2 days has already taken a number on my innards. Not that it hurts or anything, no no. It's just a lot of bathroom breaks. A lot...
I think I'm gonna try it at another time though. It seems as if you eat the wrong kind of food and it just messes your system up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users