18 replies to this topic

#1 TheUbermensch

TheUbermensch

reaching critical mass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

every morning i have a decent breakfast, usually some type of egg + bacon. and i find that no matter how much i eat for breakfast a few hours later before lunch at school, im hit with that extreme hunger feeling, the kind of feeling where you think your stomach is eating itself then followed by gut pain and then lots of gas (yea, i know). the only thing i can think of is i digest to much air? kind of a strange topic but let me know what you guys think.

musical baller! - every time i leave the forum i wonder what im missing while im away

#2 Dynexspice

Dynexspice

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

I'd suggest not eating one morning, seeing how you feel.
Then, the next morning eating more than you normally ate and see how you feel.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix

#3 klingenberg6

klingenberg6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

This happens to me all the time, usually I bring a snack to eat nothing huge just a litttle something so I don't feel like I'm going to die of hunger

#4 Epidemic

Epidemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

It is because when you eat in the morning, you are also starting your metabolism. So by lunch time the food you have already ate is used as energy. When you don't eat in the morning your body doesn't use as much energy not causing you to be hungry as much as you would by lunch time.

#5 quackSH

quackSH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

I would say that u have Swine Flu... jk i agree with what Epidemic said, i never eat breakfast and when i do i just feel more hunrgy.

#6 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

Rated 1/5 stars on my profile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

You're hungry in school? Fiber digests slower. Get yo'self some raisin bran!

#7 ES Cypher 777

ES Cypher 777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

Get fat, it is awesome. Being a fat person just lets your body have something else to feast upon while it patiently awaits its next great gorge. I would tell you to eat a certain food group more or to bring a snack, but do not do any of that, just get fat, dude. Believe me, it is just the greatest thing ever. Everything else is too much work.

#8 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

Get fat, it is awesome. Being a fat person just lets your body have something else to feast upon while it patiently awaits its next great gorge. I would tell you to eat a certain food group more or to bring a snack, but do not do any of that, just get fat, dude. Believe me, it is just the greatest thing ever. Everything else is too much work.

I hope you're kidding, I really do.

#9 ES Cypher 777

ES Cypher 777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Of course, it was meant to be funny. I hope you do find it funny, I really do. I do regret getting fat, but seriously, I hope anyone who reads my previous post can recognize my brand of humor.

Edited by ES Cypher 777, 25 May 2009 - 11:53 PM.

#10 TheUbermensch

TheUbermensch

reaching critical mass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Of course, it was meant to be funny. I hope you do find it funny, I really do. I do regret getting fat, but seriously, I hope anyone who reads my previous post can recognize my brand of humor.

i actually thought it was very funny. only problem is i have a high matabolsim so gettin fat is kinda hard, but im workin on it.

musical baller! - every time i leave the forum i wonder what im missing while im away

#11 Pain-T-Baller

Pain-T-Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

that is actually good. because you eat a decent breakfast you are starting your metabollism up. the feeling of hunger honestly means that you should just eat something small and wait til lunch. like i have read at several nutrition sites, it is better to eat frequent small meals than the 3 big meals most North Americans eat. ALSO, do you drink a lot of water in teh morning? because most of the time a feeling of hunger often has to do with dehydration more than actual hunger. start carrying around a water bottle with you. it will also help with the gas. If it doesn't try to find a good homeopathic remedy for too much stomach acid. the good part of a homeopathic remedy is if it isn't too much stomach acid you won't have to deal with awful side effects like if you started to take some pill or something... and you can just stop without any worries about doing anything to yourself.
certified: GEAR WHORE!!!!! Canadian Ballers club!!
95% of all teens would go into a panic if the Jonas brothers AND Miley Sirus were on a 100 foot building about to jump. copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends while yelling "DO A BACKFLIP!!!!!!!"

#12 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

a good homeopathic remedy for too much stomach acid.

Good homeopathic remedy for too much stomach acid? Spoon full o' baking soda.

#13 TaintedEvil

TaintedEvil

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

I heard this somewhere and have been trying it out this week. Instead of eating 3 large meals, eat 6 small meals. Like snacks or something. I've only been doing it for 3 days and I'm trying to lose weight so I can't tell if it works yet. I did feel better throughout the day today, not as tired when it hits the 5th hour of my shift at work. I push carts at a grocery store and I get really tired.

Crossfire 68/4500 F/S/T | My Moderator Application
QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Aug 28 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Die, spam-thread! Die! Cut off the head and burn it, or it will rise from its grave on the next full moon!

#14 Phantom9399

Phantom9399

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

id say try something different for breakfast. not that eggs are bad (bacon kinda is though)... throw in some fruit or a healthy bowl of cereal

fruit is the best thing in the morning imo

#15 muffin ninja

muffin ninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

You're hungry in school? Fiber digests slower. Get yo'self some raisin bran!

Yea. When I eat 2 bowls of Raisin Bran or other fiber cereal, I don't get hungry for a while.

I heard this somewhere and have been trying it out this week. Instead of eating 3 large meals, eat 6 small meals. Like snacks or something. I've only been doing it for 3 days and I'm trying to lose weight so I can't tell if it works yet. I did feel better throughout the day today, not as tired when it hits the 5th hour of my shift at work. I push carts at a grocery store and I get really tired.

It also increases your metabolism that way.

#16 robnix

robnix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

every morning i have a decent breakfast, usually some type of egg + bacon. and i find that no matter how much i eat for breakfast a few hours later before lunch at school, im hit with that extreme hunger feeling, the kind of feeling where you think your stomach is eating itself then followed by gut pain and then lots of gas (yea, i know). the only thing i can think of is i digest to much air? kind of a strange topic but let me know what you guys think.

Eggs and bacon are tasty but not a great breakfast. You need some fiber to help slow the digestive process. Not only will it keep you from feeling hungry as quickly but you'll have a constant source of energy so you won't have the tired feeling later on. I usually have some granola or frosted mini wheats plus a banana to keep me going.

#17 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

id say try something different for breakfast. not that eggs are bad (bacon kinda is though)... throw in some fruit or a healthy bowl of cereal

Fruit digests so quickly that it offers really no long term nutrients. Most fruits also take more energy to digest, that you get back out of it, so fruit while part of a healthy diet, you cant sustain yourself on it over a long period.

#18 MrSandwich

MrSandwich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

Fruit digests so quickly that it offers really no long term nutrients. Most fruits also take more energy to digest, that you get back out of it, so fruit while part of a healthy diet, you cant sustain yourself on it over a long period.

Source or you're mistaken. That doesn't sound right at all.

#19 robnix

robnix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

There are NO negative calorie foods. I wish people would stop throwing this crap out there.

As far as fruit not sustaining you, here's what a banana offers:

A medium size banana contains the following vitamins: Vitamin B3 (4% of your minimum daily requirement), B2 (5%), B5 (7%), B6 (28%), B1 (2%), B9 (5%), Vitamin C (15%), Vitamin A (3%), Calcium (1%), Iron (2%), Magnesium (7%), Phosphorus (3%), Potassium (8%), Zinc (1%)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users