5 replies to this topic

#1 tkebrick

tkebrick

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

I haven't played paintball since ~2000. Currently being in college I have more income than when I was in HS and MS. I am looking to get a gun that performs well in semi-auto, and also has basic tourney settings on the board.

My school has a paintball team, and I am looking to get involved with them. Gone to few practices and it is a real blast.

The gun I was looking at is a 2k6 Infamous Intimidator.

I was just wondering what other peoples opinions on guns in the $400-$450 price range were.

Thanks

#2 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:57 PM

wait until world cup, i think its in november. all the new versions of guns will come out, making the older models more obselete so you could buy them for cheaper. for a new gun, maybe look at dangerous power theyre good.

Cubeman

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#3 Grammaton

Grammaton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

yes dangerous power's g3 is an excellent marker for the price, in that range it would be my choice.

#4 ClearVision

ClearVision

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

Yea wait till the world cup stuffs prices will go down and new stuff will be out maybe in that price range.
Also maybe you can pick up and 06 or 05 ego on eBay around that range..

#5 noma-pb481

noma-pb481

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:42 AM

$300 super gun forum...looking for guns 400-450. Seriously mind-boggling, sorry but I'm on kind of a rant with all the people posting stupid stuff in this part of the forum (not that your topic is stupid) Anyways, I would look up a couple of new and used guns in your price range then post them up in the "ultimate _____ vs _____ forum" You will probably get a better answer there.
Paintball tank SMASH!!!

Bob Long Rapper ftw!

#6 tkebrick

tkebrick

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:21 AM

1. Topics like 'Whats the best $500 gun?' will be moved here.
From the sticky, kind of mindboggling :)

But anyways, I don't like buying stuff used and I assumed the guns on clearance at www.boblongdirect.com aren't used. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Also how important is PSP 3shot, according to the review I watched, the stock board on the G3 did not have one. The gun I'm looking for has to pretty solid out of the box, the most I really would want to put into it is ~$100, cause why buy a $400 when I have to spend $100 and I could of just bought a $500 gun.

The 2k6 Intimidator could use asa clampfeedneck. I already got an asa thanks to a generous pledgebrother, and from what I've checked clampingfeednecks run ~30-40 bucks. I already got a tank,loader, pack etc, I just need a solid gun now.

Anyways back on topic, from my understanding cup is mid-late November, does any one know within what amount of time prices usually start to drop.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users