• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 mcknny

mcknny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

i wanted to upgrade to a HPA tank and was wondering what is the best HPA tank to get. my a5 has got a remote coil,flatline, and egrip. i usully dont use the flatline and the egrip together tho. and my price limit is 200. thanks a lot guys

#2 Paintsprayer008

Paintsprayer008

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

i wanted to upgrade to a HPA tank and was wondering what is the best HPA tank to get. my a5 has got a remote coil,flatline, and egrip. i usully dont use the flatline and the egrip together tho. and my price limit is 200. thanks a lot guys

lol there pretty much all the same. just different prices ( mike recomends ninja tanks but w/e)
If You Are A Canadian Paintballer Put This On Your Sig!

#3 Sidicas

Sidicas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

I have a Crossfire tank 68ci tank. At 4000 psi, I get a little over 900 shots on my 98Custom.. Got my Crossfire tank for $120 with free shipping when they were on sale at actionvillage last year..

Edited by Sidicas, 06 June 2009 - 06:26 PM.

Camo 98 Custom Pro Platinum Series w/Crossfire 68/45

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Typically for Tippmann I recommend Crossfire High Pressure (red label) output

Most tanks on the market claim high pressure, but when you put them on a guage, they are only 600 to 700ish output

Tippmann's NEED 850psi+ output to function correctly

Crossfires are one of the few tanks that are correctly setup at 850psi true output pressure out of the box on the red label regs.

#5 Spuds

Spuds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

Most tanks on the market claim high pressure, but when you put them on a guage, they are only 600 to 700ish output

Crossfires are one of the few tanks that are correctly setup at 850psi true output pressure out of the box on the red label regs.

Are ninjas a legit 850+ PSI or are they lacking too.

Was wondering as I was going to buy a steely from them but if this is true I may have to get a crossfire for my a-5
Posted Image

Hey I made $25 my first day at the above website, try it out

#6 Juan123

Juan123

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

Are ninjas a legit 850+ PSI or are they lacking too.

Was wondering as I was going to buy a steely from them but if this is true I may have to get a crossfire for my a-5

CRAP!! I just finish buying a ninja steely for my a5.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." -Thomas Jefferson

#7 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

I got a Crossfire 68/45 for my A5 and I paid $200 for it from a Pro Shop, tried to talk the price down, but the owner of the shop said, "its the last one I have in stock before the next shipment, so take it or leave it"

#8 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

The Ninja's are adjustable and can get up to 900psi IIRC.

My Crossfire 68/4500 has never let me down so far. Not sure if this is true but I hear that they have the best stock regs of any airtank save for maybe the Ninja ones.

I can say, though, I use the crossfire tank on my RT automag and that thing doesn't starve. Automags love high pressure and I am able to shoot that thing in the mid 20s of BPS off my Crossfire while many people need to get an adjustable reg outputting over 1000psi to get that kind of response. It is all in the recharge rate, and I think Crossfire regs are some of the few that can do that.
If Mike is correct in saying they are 850psi, then that is great from a non-adjustable reg. I think my PMI Pure Energy tank outputs 800, but I'm not positie as I've never guaged it.

I get about 6 pods and a hopper (~1040 shots) off of my 68/45 and my automag (gas hogs), so you should get similar or better off of a Tippmann.

Got it for $150.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#9 zaccliff

zaccliff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:59 AM

As everyone has said basically any HPA tank will work although you do want to avoid Guerilla Air tanks.
They output at around 600 psi and you really have to struggle to get a good chrono reading with a Tippmann.
Found that out the hard way.....

#10 mcknny

mcknny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

thanks everyone for the info.

#11 F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

I own an A-5. and for some reason ive been using CO2 for almost a year. But i was wondering what is better to have, a 4500 tank or a 3000?

Edited by F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead, 10 June 2009 - 08:34 PM.

-If you think tippmann is pimp, put this in your sig
-96.4 percent of teens would die if Abercrombie said it was "uncool" to breath. Put this in your sig if you would be one of the 3.6 who would die laughing.

#12 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

It doesn't really matter what tank you use as long as it's high pressure output (600+ psi)

-Tenacious

I own an A-5. and for some reason ive been using CO2 for almost a year. But i was wondering what is better to have, a 4500 tank or a 3000?

Definitely save the money and go for the 68/4500

#13 _ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

_ORaNGe_FLaMeS_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

Either will do the trick, my buddy Nick just rocks a steelie 3000 on his A5 basically with a 4500 you'll get a higher shot count out of it and it may be a bit lighter as well, 4500 tanks tend to come in more sizes as well.

#14 mcknny

mcknny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

what about this tank. it says its 850psi but i was wondering if it actully is. its got a 2in1 reg also.HPA tank

#15 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

I don't like how it goes from high to low pressure. Low pressure is not needed in any marker except an Angel A1, I believe, so it is a waste of function, space, and design. And I'm sure it is more stuff to wear out.

I've not heard to much about WGP airtanks. I'm sure someone reputable makes the cylinder, but you can never be sure.

this isn't a bad deal and this one is the same price.

The cool thing about CrossFire and Ninja is that they make their own cylinders and regs. They specialize in airtanks and air accessories so you can trust them.

Tippmann Tech

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#16 mcknny

mcknny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

thanks man, i will prob go with the ninja

#17 Starter

Starter

The Bestest of All Titles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:26 PM

i got a wgp tank of faction village for $100 havent used it yet though will let you know ho it goes

#18 F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

It doesn't really matter what tank you use as long as it's high pressure output (600+ psi)

-Tenacious

Definitely save the money and go for the 68/4500

Now with that said. Ill probably buy one from ninja paintball. But the 68 ci or the 90ci tank. I normally only do scenario so what would be better
-96.4 percent of teens would die if Abercrombie said it was "uncool" to breath. Put this in your sig if you would be one of the 3.6 who would die laughing.

#19 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

Now with that said. Ill probably buy one from ninja paintball. But the 68 ci or the 90ci tank. I normally only do scenario so what would be better

68 would be your choice, 90 is a little too big and thats if you have the Tank screwed directly into the ASA, unless youre using a Remote Line.

#20 F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

68 would be your choice, 90 is a little too big and thats if you have the Tank screwed directly into the ASA, unless youre using a Remote Line.

Yep, i use a remote line, but it is a RAP4 remoteline (is rated for 4500) but will it work on a ninjapb tank?

Edited by F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead, 11 June 2009 - 06:31 PM.

#21 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Yep, i use a remote line, but it is a RAP4 remoteline (is rated for 4500) but will it work on a ninjapb tank?

Of course, the Output pressure on HPA Tanks are rated at 800 to 850 psi.

#22 hockeyfan269

hockeyfan269

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Of course, the Output pressure on HPA Tanks are rated at 800 to 850 psi.

I have a RAP4 remote also. I tend to ditch it and just use my 68/45 pure energy on my
tank gun though because it leaks alot and its insanely easy to loose the topscrew on it. the 68/45 isn't as heavy as it seems. It's a little uncomftorable, but it works.

#23 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

I have a RAP4 remote also. I tend to ditch it and just use my 68/45 pure energy on my
tank gun though because it leaks alot and its insanely easy to loose the topscrew on it. the 68/45 isn't as heavy as it seems. It's a little uncomftorable, but it works.

Leak alot, like where would the Leaks come from?

#24 F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

F.O.R.C.E. Hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

I did have that problem once. I rented an HPA tank and i got it filled and right when the game started it tried to fire a shot and poof!, no air, it all leaked out, i have no idea where it leaked out of but it did. But it works fine with co2 tanks

#25 mcknny

mcknny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

I did have that problem once. I rented an HPA tank and i got it filled and right when the game started it tried to fire a shot and poof!, no air, it all leaked out, i have no idea where it leaked out of but it did. But it works fine with co2 tanks

intresting. i have a rap4 also remote coil also. good to know

#26 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Get the Pure Energy Remote Line, I have one and the only time it Failed was back in 2005, when I was using a Slide Check and Co2, replaced the Slide Check for a 2wy Ball Valve I ordered from PPS and upgraded to HPA, havent had any problems with my PE Remote Line since then.

#27 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

I rented an HPA tank and i got it filled and right when the game started it tried to fire a shot and poof!, no air, it all leaked out, i have no idea where it leaked out of but it did. But it works fine with co2 tanks

I had that happen to one of my PMI Pure Energy tanks.

It is what happens when they try to fill the tank through the threaded end and not through the fill nipple.

They end up charging the reg to 3000psi, but having not enough air to even fire one shot.

This is dangerous and can daqmage the reg of the tank. I was lucky that it didn't sit very long until I tried to air up my gun...

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#28 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Any HPA tank will do for a Tippmann. Contrary to what Mike says, a stock Tippmann doesn't need 850 psi to work correctly. A stock Tippmann can work fine at 700 psi while still maintaining field velocity. You just need to screw your FVA out further. That'll actually give you better efficiency without adding an inline reg. 600's are where you might run into problems. 850 will just give you a better buffer zone in case anything malfunctions.

#29 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

I rented an HPA tank and i got it filled and right when the game started it tried to fire a shot and poof!, no air, it all leaked out, i have no idea where it leaked out of but it did. But it works fine with co2 tanks

I had that happen to one of my PMI Pure Energy tanks.

It is what happens when they try to fill the tank through the threaded end and not through the fill nipple.

They end up charging the reg to 3000psi, but having not enough air to even fire one shot.

This is dangerous and can daqmage the reg of the tank. I was lucky that it didn't sit very long until I tried to air up my gun...

haha

yeah the reg will act like a fill nipple but backwards ...

im really surprised your LP burst disk didn't blow. we blew an LP disk on one of bryces tanks learning this lesson once.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#30 Sidicas

Sidicas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

Any HPA tank will do for a Tippmann. Contrary to what Mike says, a stock Tippmann doesn't need 850 psi to work correctly.

Are you sure that's true even with Response trigger and cyclone feed? I know for a fact that I had an HPA tank on an X7 with a cyclone and after I couldn't shoot with the X7 anymroe I put it on my 98 and got another 50 or so balls off of it (with lower and lower fps). So the X7 does take a higher PSI just to be able to get a ball off..

Edited by Sidicas, 12 June 2009 - 03:04 PM.

Camo 98 Custom Pro Platinum Series w/Crossfire 68/45

#31 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Any HPA tank will do for a Tippmann. Contrary to what Mike says, a stock Tippmann doesn't need 850 psi to work correctly.

Are you sure that's true even with Response trigger and cyclone feed? I know for a fact that I had an HPA tank on an X7 with a cyclone and after I couldn't shoot with the X7 anymroe I put it on my 98 and got another 50 or so balls off of it (with lower and lower fps). So the X7 does take a higher PSI just to be able to get a ball off..

The Cyclone does require some air and a higher PSI but not as much as people might think. 50 shots sounds about right but you're also comparing two guns with different tolerances. You should have tried manually feeding the balls. 50 shots is what you should expect to lose over the use of the entire tank.

I have no idea about the RT as no test has been done that I can think of. Besides, not all stock Tippmanns come with an RT.

#32 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:32 PM

im really surprised your LP burst disk didn't blow. we blew an LP disk on one of bryces tanks learning this lesson once.

I'm really mad that it didn't. I was hoping I could get it replaced for free if it did, and that reminds me that I shouldn't trust it anymore. I should really get it replaced before I get it filled next.

Actually, it almost happened twice!

One time I go to get my tanks filled at the local shop, get all the way home and realize they forgot to put my thread-saver back on. Got half-way there when I realized they weren't supposed to take the thread saver off!
Ran back home, and aired up a gun. It was filled properly.
Went back and got my thread-saver...

That is what happens when stoners work at paintball shops. I would really like to work at BBT, but I think the staff would drive me crazy!

Edited by Watcher, 14 June 2009 - 11:34 PM.

Tippmann Tech

- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users