• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hwyman

Hwyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

I can't seem to find a good answer for this. How often do I have to lube/service the CP Reg? CP has a great manual on how to take it apart and lube it, but it makes no mention about how often it should it be done. (Altho the fact that it doesn't seem to differentiate between using Dow 33 and 55 causes me some concern, but that's the subject for some other topic.) An answer in pressurized cycles (or cases) would be the most useful.

Edited by Hwyman, 01 June 2009 - 02:34 PM.

#2 BOBBYTUCSON

BOBBYTUCSON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

I can't seem to find a good answer for this. How often do I have to lube/service the CP Reg? CP has a great manual on how to take it apart and lube it, but it makes no mention about how often it should it be done. (Altho the fact that it doesn't seem to differentiate between using Dow 33 and 55 causes me some concern, but that's the subject for some other topic.) An answer in pressurized cycles (or cases) would be the most useful.

i work on these regs everyday at my shop , and dow 33 works best. you really dont want to swell the orings in the reg , especially if its a high output reg , because it leads to restricted flow and faster wear and tear on the piston oring. therefore , use dow 33. cp has the highest quality machining and very tight tollerances. and as to periodical maintenance , i rebuild my reg once every year. you dont have to , but i do. i recommend maintaining any reg atleast every 6 months. cp regs will last longer than you will own it. they are absolutely the best regs on the market , and are rock solid reliable and constant. i wont play without it

so in a quik summary

:use dow 33
:perform maintenance and inspection every 6 months
:when i say maintenance , i mean inspect interals for damage , clean internals with microfiber , relube seals, *and inspect safety
vent hole to makesure no debri such as loc-tite or built up grease are clogging it*.
:always keep manual with you anywere you go
:stay away from dow 55. its ok to use , but dow 33 wont swell orings and performs better
:

Edited by BOBBYTUCSON, 10 July 2009 - 06:36 PM.

420 420 420 420

#3 Hwyman

Hwyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the in-depth reply! Your advice is exactly what I've been doing in the absence of any other guidance. I will take a closer look at the vent hole you mentioned at the next rebuild.

Thanks again!

Edited by Hwyman, 10 July 2009 - 09:49 PM.

#4 BOBBYTUCSON

BOBBYTUCSON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:04 AM

no problem. ive used every other reg on the market. from ninja , crossfire , myth , pure energy version 1& 2& 3 , max-flo , trinity , all of em. ive tested and played with all of em for months. ive timed emptying full 4500 fills through open macro. i find cp the most reliable , consistant, low maintenance , easy maintenance out of all of em. crossfire comes in a close second. but cp tops em in my opinon

also , when re-installing your reg back onto the tank , i recommend putting lil amount of lock tite a few threads below the middle of the threaded section. that way when you screw the reg back on , the lock-tite is not pushed up toward the safety vent hole , nor is it near the end of the threads to so were it can potentially fall into your tank , and be flowed through the reg via air pressure.

and make sure to re-install reg very tight , and at the end torque with atleast 25 ibs of torque.

Edited by BOBBYTUCSON, 11 July 2009 - 01:10 AM.

420 420 420 420

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users